Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Blood Sport - game controller that makes you bleed when you lose (instabanned by Kickstarter, lol)

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1246820613/blood-sport-the-ultimate-in-immersive-gaming

Blood Sport raises the stakes of gaming, by making it so when you lose blood in the game, you lose it in real life, too.

With our other projects, like Shoot The Banker, Surrogaid and Prank House, we took the real world and brought it into the digital space. Now, with Blood Sport, we’re taking the consequences of the gaming world and having them affect you in real life. So every time you get hit in the game, blood will be intravenously drawn from your arm.

HOW IT WORKS

It’s stupidly simple. Remember the rumble pack? Well, nowadays most video game controllers rumble when you get shot in the game. That rumbling means that an electrical signal is being sent to the controller to let you know you’ve been hit. All we’re doing is re-routing that same electrical signal and using it to turn on the blood collection system.

Using just two wires, we’re able to connect your controller to the blood collection machine via an Arduino Board.

The Arduino Board has two jobs: One, to keep the signal going to the blood collection system and, two, to keep track of how much blood is being pulled so that Blood Sport powers down before you do. We’ve done this by allowing you to input your age, weight and any preexisting medical conditions.

Simply put, we’re not reinventing the wheel. All we’re doing is hacking a pre-existing blood collection machine to take your gaming experience to the next level.

BUT WHY?

Our goal is to develop a refined multi-player unit that can be taken across the country for blood donation gaming events. We are not a charity and we are not a game manufacturer. We are simply creating the gaming hardware that will allow us to get gamers thinking about more important issues while still doing what they love. From there, we’ll partner with the appropriate organizations in both the gaming and medical communities to bring it all to life.

Unfortunately, Kickstarter was uncomfortable with this totally safe and uncontroversial peripheral:

Brand & Grotesque about 12 hours ago
Hi All! We're currently suspended and looking into the reason. Stay tuned, and make sure to start training for Blood Sport by donating some blood down at the clinic while we figure this out!

:hero:

Pipeweed

Arcane
PBF134-Game_System.gif

Delterius

Arcane
I have an idea.

Whoever loses goes to the blood bank and is forced to be a dreaded good samaritan. Who knew there was a tried and true way to 'raise the stakes' in gaming?

"Betting? Never 'eard of it!"

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy
For medical reasons I'm not allowed to donate blood.

Should I file a complaint because this product excludes me?

Or should I just point out how BATSHIT RETARDED this idea really is?

nil

Cipher
Update 1.01b
-Fixed a typo in the readme.txt
-Fixed a bug where taking too much damage too quickly caused blood to be pumped back instead of drained
-The installer will no longer default to the drive with the least amount of free space
-Cases where blood keeps getting drained even when no damage is being taken should be much less frequent now
-The amount of drained blood should be tracked properly now
-Added german and italian language support

A horse of course

I donated blud for the free cookies.

It was a p. gud trade imo

taxalot

I'm a spicy fellow.
Patron
Codex 2013 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
In some countries, you can't give blood if you're gay. That's a medical condition if I know one.

DramaticPopcorn

inbefore it becomes the most prevalent cause of death for tryhards

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom