Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

From Software Bloodborne. Discuss or die!

Talby

Arcane
Patron
Codex USB, 2014
Beast Cutter.

sullynathan

Arcane
In my original playthrough, I used a pretty giant axe that could be two handed.

This playthrough, I'm using the small axe that can get longer in its second form.

I beat cleric beast my first time but Gascoigne took me 3 tries.

One thing I don't get is the way the lamps are used. It's not like dark souls bonfire, I can't just sit back on it to respawn enemies nor does it seem like I can go to a specific lantern to save progress.

sullynathan

Arcane
I didn't even summon for a boss. I'm in old Yharnum, this is where I stopped playing last year and I still don't know where the boss is.
I summoned help to fight the guy with the machine gun and the retarded players die before we get close.

Hyperion

Arcane
Hang a right instead of climbing the ladder up to the dude with the gatling gun. You'll see wooden steps leading to a big wooden platform with a very particular enemy on it. There should be a ladder down to the left of that area that will lead to the bottom of the city that's fairly linear.

sullynathan

Arcane
The blood starving boss is causing me pain. I can get it down to half health but it's killed me 4 times now.

I'm out of fire items, out of souls and running out of healing. I'm only left with farming and I'd rather do that in Co op.

:negative:

Last edited:

Hyperion

Arcane
Easiest boss in the game to parry, imo. The overhead swipe, and diagonal-down slash from its right claw (your left) have massive windows of opportunity. Easy parrying is obviously subjective, but I suck at it and was able to do it pretty reliably on this guy.

Blood Vial farming - Cleric Beast lamp, kill the cinder block demon, crows, and 2 werewolves. Gets you 8 blood vials nearly every time, and takes like 40 seconds.

P.S. - Those pungent blood cocktails? Give 'em a whirl...

Zed Duke of Banville

Dungeon Master
Patron
The blood starving boss is causing me pain. I can get it down to half health but it's killed me 4 times now.

I'm out of fire items, out of souls and running out of healing. I'm only left with farming and I'd rather do that in Co op.

:negative:
The Blood-Starved Beast is probably the toughest boss fight in the game. You can run down to the area near the Beast, kill the 5 werewolves there, and run back up for a decent amount of blood echoes in a short time, allowing you to re-purchase supplies and boost your attributes. If you speak with Gilbert again (at a window near the lamp in Central Yharnam), he will give you a flamesprayer that spits a continuous jet of flame, useful for finishing off the Beast when it enters its most dangerous phase. Also, you can summon Alfred just outside the Beast's lair. Took me five tries to kill it.

sullynathan

Arcane
I finally did it. I died 10 times then went to farm for healing items. I found my problem. My health was too low and I didn't upgrade my weapon past +1 so I was doing 50 damage. After upgrading to +3 and getting enough blood vials I beat it in my 2nd try.

If you speak with Gilbert again (at a window near the lamp in Central Yharnam)
Never knew this, I'll try it.

Hobo Elf

Arcane
If anyone wants to summon Alfred for the BSB then be sure that you haven't killed Vicar Amelia yet. Otherwise his summon sign won't be there.

sullynathan

Arcane
Alright. Just killed Vicar. Took me about 3 tries, I swear I would have killed her in the first but she played too much.

What is on the right side of Vica's castle? I went all the way down there and there's a room that looks like the Kiln of the first flame but if I get too close, some giant ghost grabs and kills me.

sullynathan

Arcane
ok. I have completed the part with the witch. I died the first time, because she spammed her AOE magic attack. I think she was the best boss fight so far in the game. Really tense. I made it back to cathedral ward because the guy said I should Ascend to Oedon. I know there's a place downward because I fell down and beat the beast under the work shop but there's a door that doesn't go all the way down and I've yet to find a way to reach it.

Talby

Arcane
Patron
Codex USB, 2014
The BSB is pretty easy once you get the hang of it. He has a hard time hitting you if you frequently dodge to your left. Far from the hardest fight in the game.

Is this thing on PC yet?

No and it never will be, just like Demon's Souls.

Zed Duke of Banville

Dungeon Master
Patron
the forbidden forest is way too long with no bonfires around.
You can open two shortcuts to make things easier, first
is the door right by the lamp, unlocked from behind in the room with NPC Valtr, accessible by elevator after you pass through the first of the Forbidden Woods' two main sections, if you head up rather than continuing into the second section. The second shortcut is opened at the end of one path deep in the second of the two main sections, taking you to another elevator, which takes you up to a room that already passed through shortly before unlocking the first shortcut. The first shortcut allows you easy access to the beginning of the second main section, and the two shortcuts together allow you to bypass most of the zone on your way to the boss.

sullynathan

Arcane
OK. So far all the oversized bosses have been a disappointment. The amygdala and the dark beast especially. Dark souls 3 had better large beasts as bosses.

The dark beast has a great design and good moveset but it is spoiled by how bad the lock on can get.
You can only lock on to the head and the body. Hitting the head was impossible with most of my weapons and the dark beast jumps too much to hit the body. I'd prefer if you could lock on to its limbs but there's no option for that.

The amygdala is the weird one. I beat it first try but it wasted my fire papers. I didn't know that it only took damage on the head and torso and my shitty sword only does horizontal swipes for its combo. The lazers were cool though.

Finally, the shadows of Yharnam were the 2nd best boss fight in the game after the witch. I'm liking the gank style bosses of this game because they force me to use the faster paced combat in creative ways.

hackncrazy

Savant
Wow, 1st person in the entire internet who think that the Witches is the best boss fight.

I even like it, I think is far criticized because is easy, but in challenge runs is really fun to play. But it isn't even near to 1st to me.

Hobo Elf

Arcane
I like the Witch fight as well. It may be really easy, but it spooks me out (although nothing comes close to Shadows of Yharnam and the Wet Nurse). The surprise of there being two witches is quite fun as well.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom