Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

From Software Bloodborne. Discuss or die!

Ninefingers

Educated
Patron
My theory about righteous damage is that there is some cut content involving Cainhurst and the Vilebloods/Executioners storyline and it's a remnant of something we didn't get, much like the covenants which are clearly half assed and unfinished.

Righteous mainly affects the fuckers (except the goblin fucks AFAIK) in the castle and I wouldn't say that any of them are that hard to warrant a whole type of bonus damage just for them. But if there was more to that story than what we got, possibly involving more enemy types and some extra bosses then it would make sense.

That makes sense, Cainhurst does seem a bit rushed, the level itself is quite meh, the covenants are pointless - the only thing of interest is Alfred’s quest and Logarius.

The enemies inside are pretty uninspiring but those shitty things outside deserve to be righteously purged - so that’s one good use at least. Died way too many times to those fuckers.

Zep Zepo

Titties and Beer
Dumbfuck Repressed Homosexual
It's been a while since I played BB..can't remember...Does BB have (those unwanted aggravating) invasions like the Souls games??

Zep--

Talby

Arcane
Patron
Codex USB, 2014
Cainhurst also has the most :obviously: weapon and outfit in the game though, the Reiterpallasch and the Knight's Garb.

Zep Zepo

Titties and Beer
Yes, but you have to summon a bell maiden and the only way to do that is if you ring the bells yourself. Otherwise, the only 2 areas that have a bell maiden by default are the Nightmare Frontier and the Nightmare of Mensis.

Thanks. I may start a new play through tomorrow.

Zep--

DragoFireheart

all caps, rainbow colors, SOMETHING.
It's been a while since I played BB..can't remember...Does BB have (those unwanted aggravating) invasions like the Souls games??

Zep--

Ironically... not really.

In only two areas can it happen at will. One is optional. The rest require you to summon help before it happens.

Very little PvP will happen in BB if you desire it.

Zep Zepo

Titties and Beer
I'm about to start...I'm Thinking VIT/Bloodtinge build. Oh, What class to choose at start for this build?

What other places should I put points in... STR? END?

Zep--

Zep Zepo

Titties and Beer
I started with the Military Veteran, picked the Cane and Hunters Gun as my gifts. (I think I picked up a Saw or something in the sewers, haven't tried it yet.

I'm in a courtyard now, with 3-4 dogs, 3 or 4 hunters, and the big guy on the right banging on the door.

I've been here at this spot 20 or more times now...I gotta stop being cocky and slow down. :)

I'll take a break for today and hit it up again tomorrow.

Zep Zepo

Titties and Beer
Question: Can you do the back-stab/visceral attack thing when the Cane is in Trick mode (whip)?

Also having problems with drop attacks. Drop, hold R1, and...no attack, I attack the ground.

Zep Zepo

Titties and Beer
Also, Occasionally, I'll get the shoot/stagger...but then R1 seems to work...or not.

Seems pretty random.

Ninefingers

Educated
Patron
With the cane you can only backstab in the cane form as the whip doesn’t perform a charge attack that staggers. Drop attacks you should just need to press r1 rather than hold it.

Last edited:

Ninefingers

Educated
Patron
Also you need to be pretty close and fairly quick after the stagger to trigger the visceral, if you’re too slow or far away you’ll just attack normally.

Parry timings can be awkward, I’m shit at parrying but I think the general rule is you want the bullet to connect mid animation, after their initial windup but just before they hit you. Brick trolls are good practice.

Last edited:

Zep Zepo

Titties and Beer
I think I need a quicker route from the lantern at the top of the stairs you first drop down to get to that courtyard. Currently, I am doing too much bullshit running/fights to get there.

Zep--

Zep Zepo

Titties and Beer
If you are where I think you are, then do this:

I ended up going to that bon fire where the 2 gunners are and the surrounding hunters, mad dash up the steps on the left, go thru the gate, and then kill the 1 or 2 stragglers following me, kill the big guy banging on the door, then handle the mooks and dogs up the stairs.

I think I have a boss fight coming up at The Bridge (If I remember correctly).

I'm only lvl 15 with +2 Cane and +2 gun.

Not sure if that's enough for boss, I'll grind a little near the lamp, maybe to 18-20? Maybe also try to get my weaps to +3 or +4.

Zep--

Zep Zepo

Titties and Beer
Unless you're utterly terrible at the game, that's enough. Throw molotovs at him if he is really kicking your ass.

Well, not terrible...just old and slow. :)

I have 10 molotovs on me, perhaps I will try that.

I did get the bell at the dream, perhaps I'll summon a bro if it's to hard for me.

Zep--

Zep Zepo

Titties and Beer
Beast and Wolf Daddy are down.

Did some side questy things, sending old woman and little girl to the church instead of the clinic. Got the flamey thing from the guy in the window. Also got the little girls red ribbon by killing the giant pig (again).

Dying a lot again...time to take another break and calm/slow down.

Zep--

Ninefingers

Educated
Patron
If you go to Old Yharnam next remember the beasts down there don’t like fire and will back away from a torch if you need some breathing room :).

The Decline

Arcane
If you're having trouble with parrying, try using the Augur of Ebrietas. If you miss the parry window it will still knock most enemies over. I found it almost gamebreaking in my Arcane playthrough.

Ninefingers

Educated
Patron
If you're having trouble with parrying, try using the Augur of Ebrietas. If you miss the parry window it will still knock most enemies over. I found it almost gamebreaking in my Arcane playthrough.

This is true, tentacle molestation is very strong if you meet the ARC requirement for it. You can also backstab with it and it’s quicker than a lot of charged R2s.

Zep Zepo

Titties and Beer
Starting to remember why I didn't like this game to much.

Lamp at the starting area...Lamp At the Boss.

What the fuck do I need a lamp for at the boss?

I need a lamp after I kill about 20-30-40 mooks on the way to the boss. I don't want to go hunting around for stupid shortcuts, that's just more death for me.

Zep--

Silva

Arcane
That's the whole point, Zepo - make your heart pumping because there's no save point around and the next boss may be after next corner and I'm full of souls, oh shit what do I do. Also, the feel of accomplishment after beating a boss after half a dozen attempts (after recovering that pool of souls you always dropped after dying).

The resulting adrenaline is like a drug.

Zep Zepo

Titties and Beer
That's the whole point, Zepo

Well, I disagree.

I think(?) the Souls games (as I remember) had a liberal amount of Lamps (or whatever they were called). Sure it had shortcuts. But I think there was always a Lamp thing shortly (maybe middle way) before a Boss.

Zep--

Zep Zepo

Titties and Beer
Anyway...I got nabbed by the guy with the sack...

I can't sneak to well for a back stab because my controller is fucked up. It has a upward drift..so I always end up running.

So the pig keeps doing me in. I beat the 2 sack fools at the start just fine. I don't think back stab works on them anyway.

I did open the shortcut back to the lamp, but man...with a bad controller, this pig shit is tedious.

Also, I'm not sure what I did different...but most of the areas are backwards from what I remember from my first play through. (like hemwick lane)

I'll be like...OK..I remember this...but I came from the other way before. Is that possible?

Zep--

Zep Zepo

Titties and Beer
we're talking about DaS3

Well, admittingly, that's the last Souls game I played. I did beat all 3 games...so...Maybe the levels weren't so big/long? I don't remember.

Zep--

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom