Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

BloodLust Shadowhunter

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
Yeah...it's that vapourware vampire RPG you might remember.

BloodLust is a present-day Dungeon Crawler where players will journey into the depths of darkness searching for a great evil, while struggling to decide whether to destroy or embrace their Kindred family.

tagline2.jpg

The last member in a coven of "ShadowHunters" find themselves resurrected into a lost city terrorized by the all-powerful "Emperor" Ranior, a monstrous vampire lord.

Haunted by visions of darkness and tormented by their ghosts from the past, the hunters struggle daily, though they always continue to move forward.

With each victory they grow stronger, increasing bloodline and skills in the "Dark Arts", but all at the cost of their humanity. With each new bloodline, they find themselves turning more into the vampiric monsters they were resurrected to destroy.

In the end, their great power will be challenged only by themselves, as they will have to face the source of their own immortality and decide whether to embrace the darkness or destroy it... What Would You Choose?

Key Features
-----------------------
  • Bite and Sire others to Join your Family
    Create a family where each member can help you gain experience, find loot, or sire others. Communicate and control with your members telepathically to Use their growing strengths along with your disciplines to achieve victory amongst the Kindred rivals.
  • Procedurally Generated Areas
    Explore and 'crawl' through vast dynamic dungeons, caves, passages and sewers with multiple floors delving deeper into darkness while searching for ever increasing valued loot, treasures and powerful weapons.
  • Grow your Bloodline
    Using Talents, Disciplines and Attributes, you decide how to grow your character from a weak fledgling into a powerful Vampire, capable of leading an entire faction of Vampires.
  • Vampire Disciplines
    Join rival clans to earn reputation while learning each group's unique skill set. The choice is entirely yours to either stay loyal or backstab, bluff, and lie while creating chaos from inside the clan's political hierarchy.
  • Non-Linear Story and Gameplay
    Hidden from light, this Dark City is yours to uncover and explore however you desire. Hide in the shadows, while traveling underground or interact with factions directly under their noses using the art of the Embrace, Seduction and Persuasion to mask where your true loyalty lies. Your decisions can affect dialog choices or avoid quest outcomes entirely.
  • Dynamic Loot From the Fallen Kindred
    With a bloodline that dates back over 3000 years... It is not inconceivable that a few valuable items, from the fallen kindred, may have been lost along the way. Buried deep below in the Dark City's ancient past, lies thousands of randomly generated weapons, loot, and equipment. A bounty for the few souls brave enough to seek it out.

Why Early Access?
“Due to the nature of a large non-linear RPG such as Bloodlust, it's very important to allow actual players to help balance the skills, talents, attributes, features and overall game play experience. Because many items and areas in Bloodlust are dynamic and random, each game play experience is different. Using the community from Early Access we can use the player's input to improve the full version.”

Approximately how long will this game be in Early Access?
“It will stay in early access until the game play is completely ready to be released. We tentatively expect the early access process to take approximately 2-3 months to work out any last minute balance and game play issues.”

How is the full version planned to differ from the Early Access version?
“The full version will contain a more polished, balanced and bug-free experience. (Possibly more content also)”

What is the current state of the Early Access version?
“The game is almost complete and fully playable, but needs some last minute polish, balancing and minor bug fixes to achieve the best possible game play experience.”

Will the game be priced differently during and after Early Access?
“The release price may be more expensive than the Early Access.”

How are you planning on involving the Community in your development process?
“We encourage feedback from players to improve the features, balance and the game play of Bloodlust in it's current state. Along the way, we will release newer versions to allow the community to experience, until the best possible balance has been achieved.”

http://store.steampowered.com/app/280600/

WRF Studios

WRF Studios
Developer
Thanks for taking a look at my game, Bloodlust. It took a long time to make, huh? LOL!

So its Hellgate London with a sprinkling of Vampire the masquerade then?

It's probably more "dungeon crawler" than anything else - I wanted to create a dungeon crawler but rather than use the stereo-typical medieval characters often found in these type of games, I thought I would do something different..

How much do they want for this?

It will be sold on Early Access for $12.99

Akasen

Augur
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
Wasn't this the one vampire RPG mentioned some years ago on the front page with like some download of some early alpha?

In any case, I'm a sucker for vampires. I'm also drawn in by the Vampire: The Masquerade tid-bits in its description. What I am not all thrilled by is those tid-bits. I'm certain the game will have nothing to do with the tabletop games, or possible be influenced by Bloodlines in any discernible way in terms of what plot there may be, but I would think it wise not to use terms like "Discipline", "Kindred", "Sire", and whatever else is probably used.

But I may be worrying over nothing, right?

ghostdog

Arcane
Patron
Looks interesting. A Dungeon crawler in a vampire setting hasn't been done before. It will all come down to how good the combat and the exploration/puzzles are though, like all dung crawlers.

StaticSpine

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
I remember how I voted for this game on Greenlight, it was one of the very first games there.

crawlkill

Kill all boxed game owners. Kill! Kill!
but I would think it wise not to use terms like "Discipline", "Kindred", "Sire", and whatever else is probably used.

But I may be worrying over nothing, right?

"sire" is more general to vampire stuff--Buffy had sires, probably Interview, too, never have suffered through one of those--but Kindred and Discipline are deeefinitely White Wolf territory. I don't know if they constitute trademarks or what. very unwise choice inviting cease and desistery from CCP.

Jedi Exile

Arcanum
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong
It looks cool, but characters are a bit... weird. Why they always bend to the ground and hold their arms like that?

Zewp

Arcane
Codex 2013
WTF I thought it was going to be a full release.

Oh well, moving along.

hivemind

Looks interesting. A Dungeon crawler in a vampire setting hasn't been done before. It will all come down to how good the combat and the exploration/puzzles are though, like all dung crawlers.
Doesn't Vampire: The Masquerade : Redemption count as a dungeon crawler? Now of course the combat and everything was pretty simplistic but you did spend all of your time running from one dungeon to another.

Sykar

Arcane
I'd rather have a remake of Vampire: Bloodlines with a better engine or a highly polished reusage of the HL 2 engine and with a proper last act since the game went too combat heavy last quarter due to it's rushed nature. Also bigger maps which makes you feel like you are in a big city like Los Angeles.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
RPS is offended by the boobs, but finds some fun in the clunkiness: http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2015/03/09/bloodlust-shadowhunter-review-alpha/

That side of the game comes to the fore only once Tubsy makes her way out of the catacombs, through the inevitable sewer section, and up into the streets. Suddenly, quest options and narrative leads multiply. A mysterious ally must be located in what appears to be the world’s least sanitary tattoo parlour. In a similar flaunting of hygiene standards, someone has been exploding women in the cellar of a chinese restaurant in an attempt to incite the clans to war. Elsewhere, a clan’s precious heirloom has gone missing. A crap birthday party begs to be gatecrashed. A disgraced vampire must be awoken – and the ingredients for this ritual located, but not before you bribe someone with tokens for a slot machine. And so on.

The game struggles to hold all these threads together; dialogue options sometimes suggest things your character wouldn’t necessarily know, or prompt redundant questions following a quest’s completion. But there’s still a lot to do, and the interrelation of events and their effect on your clan allegiances is an interesting web in which to be entangled, even if the plot and writing is little more than perfunctory.

But all this – the depth and colour of your characters’ advancement and the neat systems that describe your clan prestige and vampire underlings – these things don’t necessarily make up for the superficial gormlessness of the whole. The animations are still wonky. The boobs are still absurd. Combat is still an act of grim, weightless flailing. I suspect these are things which will not change very much during the time it spends in Early Access. But BloodLust is a game with ideas in its gruesome dead head and a sort of winsome earnestness about its semi-competent recapitulation of what made the official Vampire games so alluring and seductive. More importantly, it exists and a true sequel to those other games doesn’t. If it’s not quite enough to wholly satiate the appetite then it at least reminds me how just hungry I am.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom