Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel

Turisas

Arch Devil
Patron

Some new gimmicky features, but still looks like just a large DLC rather than a proper sequel.

aris

Arcane
Wow. This looks so crap and derivative. I can barely see any difference from this and Borderlands 2. Borderlands 2 was pretty decent, even good at times, before shitloads of DLC killed it. As OP said, this looks like just another DLC, just a bigger.

chestburster

Savant
Illiterate
FUck Borderlands 2 and its COMPLETELY BROKEN system:

-- easy respec of skills make leveling ultimately pointless --> you're not "building" your character in any way, you're just wasting time to unlock the skills (every one of which will ultimately be available to you anyway)

-- after you ultimately reach the level cap and get the skills you need and the "real game" unlocks, all you can look forward to is the LOOT, which is again fundamentally pointless because of:

(a) not enough meaningful variance in guns' stats or behavior : ultimately what you get is even smaller selection of guns than, say, Battlefield 4, after you realize that all the so-called "millions of guns" are merely about different attachments (sights, stocks, muzzles, etc.), which Battlefield 4 actually does better;

(b) FUNDAMENTALLY BROKEN hp and damage curve, turning enemies into bullet sponges and your character squishier than a pile of dung. --> To survive the ultimate hunter mode which can't be turned off after the patch, you can ONLY use a VERY FEW small sets of egendary weapons and shields (The Bee, Norfleet, Bitch smg, etc.), rendering any loot of the purple or lower grade COMPLETELY USELESS.

--fucking MMO style raid bosses dropping tokens that you have to GRIND to buy some "end-game" weapons (which are, ironically, generally useless).

--NO randomization of enemies making the "end-game" grind extremely boring.

--NPCs spouting dialogues that can't be turned off. I don't care how funny they're the first time you hear them, you just want them shut up after the 100th time you hear them!

TL;DR Borderlands 2 is a fucking MMO, and a terrible one at that. Unfortunately it is the only "Diablo with guns" game on the market (RIP Hellgate London). Fuck this world.

aris

Arcane
Umm, unless you didn't notice. This isn't a thread about Borderlands 2, there is the appropriate thread here, where you can post your inane rants.

chestburster

Savant
Illiterate
Umm, unless you didn't notice. This isn't a thread about Borderlands 2, there is the appropriate thread here, where you can post your inane rants.

I can barely see any difference from this and Borderlands 2

Stop being schizophrenia.

Unless they fix all the shortcomings (which were not present in Borderlands 1) in this dlc of BL2, I ain't spending a single dollar on dis shit.

markec

Twitterbot
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Dead State Project: Eternity Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
I hope this is the only reason why they delayed work on Borderlands 3.

Angthoron

Arcane
Wow, a spin-off that already has more new weapon types than the "main line" sequel introduced.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Oh, also this was outsourced to some studio in Australia (can't remember) and not done by Gearbox.

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy
Borderland-Borderlands-2-Borderlands-3-%D0%BF%D0%B5%D1%81%D0%BE%D1%87%D0%BD%D0%B8%D1%86%D0%B0-516307.jpeg

Unless they make him pull up a leg or something, I think they've screwed themselves over with the cover art.

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
TL;DR Borderlands 2 is a fucking MMO, and a terrible one at that. Unfortunately it is the only "Diablo with guns" game on the market (RIP Hellgate London). Fuck this world.

I've always been fascinated by people who play dozens of hours to get to the "end game" which is all about getting more powerful, yet... powerful for what? You finished the game? It's baffling to me.

Spectacle

Arcane
Patron
This is the source of all your problems. Borderlands 2 is a co-op shooter with a few MMO-like elements. The "endgame" is not the point of the game, it's tacked on to give compulsive grinders like yourself something to do after the real game is over.

I never even came close to the level cap on my playthrough, and didn't find any legendaries that were worth using. A great time was had by me and the friends I played with.

bert

Arcane
If you have trouble sleeping at night, try playing one of the Borderlands games. Works every time, even in daylight!

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
DLCs to both of the first two games were mediocre at best. Only Knoxx for BL1 actually provided decent content. I bought BL2 for $5 from someone selling their GPU code and the season pass for $7 on a pricing glitch. Completed the first DLC (pirate one), was boring with fairly generic content and reskinned enemies. Played about a third of the D&D themed one and didn't touch the others. The base games have more than enough hours in them to thoroughly bore you. By the time this hits 75% off in two years I might have a desire to play 'Diablo with Guns' again.

Funny enough I heard this was going to be the last Borderlands game which I can't believe seeing how much money they make on the franchise.

Unless they make him pull up a leg or something, I think they've screwed themselves over with the cover art.

My guess is that it'll be one of those huge guys that have one tiny useless arm using his good arm for the pose, with one of the midgets standing on his shoulders to provide the two extra hands. :)

I've always been fascinated by people who play dozens of hours to get to the "end game" which is all about getting more powerful, yet... powerful for what? You finished the game? It's baffling to me.

They just like to watch the little numbers go up. A storyfag wouldn't understand. :mca:

markec

Twitterbot
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Dead State Project: Eternity Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Borderlands games are only really fun if you play with friends, solo its a snoozefest, just like Diablo 2.

Blaine

Cis-Het Oppressor
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy
If the MMO-tier loot tables and level/loot stat scaling are the same as in BL2, I don't give a shit.

Here's BL2's loot table in a nutshell:

df0d6a727e.png

DeepOcean

Arcane
I pirated Borderlands 2 expecting to be totally bored playing alone but I was curious enough and it is actually fun and way better than any Diablo 2 clone. There was actually level design and not random generated boring crap like Path of Exile and Torchlight. There was some consideration to verticality in the level design, a quite decent variety of enemies with different weakness and behavior, while it isn't the best FPS around in terms of shooting the guns have different behaviors and the differences between the gun labels were bigger than I tought.

There are two major problems, the fact that any mode after normal is almost unplayable without a group but as I think it is a huge waste of time to play a game again to get only bigger numbers I didn't care much about it and the writing is... well, it is better than I feared (Yep, it is better than Fallout 3) and way worse than something I consider good. I will totally buy this one if it isn't just a cash grab to separate fools from their money as I suspect it is. The lack of gravity allow something interesting in terms of level design let's see if they actually do something with it.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom