Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Bound by Flame - ARPG where the PC is possessed by a demon

Avellion

Erudite
Fighter, Ranger, Pyromancer. You know the classes are bad when Mass Effect's classes seem more inspired than this shit.

You think Mass Effect inspired the fighter ranger and fire-mage classes?
Of course not. But I am just saying that when even the classes in Mass Effect (whose classes felt pretty uninspired to begin with), feel inspired compared to this shit. That is a bad sign.

Explorerbc

Arcane
Having observed the videos, I think it safe to say this will have many similarities to Mars: War Logs. Some combat animations (movement, block, shoot crossbow, crit strike etc.) are almost identical except faster/smoother which is a good thing, and there seems to be a greater variety of abilities. The 3 skill trees Fighter/Ranger/Pyromancer are probably similar to War Log's Warrior/Renegade/Technomancer, and the little we have seen from NPC interaction will probably also be the same. So we are probably getting a prettier version with updated combat in a different setting.

I am also hoping this one will have more open maps than War Logs (which had stages mostly made out of linear corridors), but although these videos at first give the impression of big environments, I don't see any indications for larger stages so far (though I haven't seen much indeed).
And of course they need to help the writing make more sense. For example in War Logs there was a character who swore to kill you for revenge, but when she meets you she suddenly changes her mind and decides to love you for no reason, or other nonsense like that.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to see what improvements they've made. I feel they have interesting ideas but usually luck the budget to fully develop them.

kris

Arcane
It did have some inspired art. Monsters and enviroments didn't look like things you have seen a billion times before.

On the other hand, nothing else stirred me anyway at all. Sounds just like the kind of RPG I don't care about.

veryalien

Educated
Patron
Codex 2014
In an time when we have games like Dark Souls that take ARPG combat to the max I think I'll pass unless there's a ton of more work done on the combat system.

sser

Arcane
Developer
I'll probably pick this one up when I have the cash.

(Also, they're really good at making trailers given what they have to work with.)

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
Every time I hear fireballs I'm thinking about balls on fire !? ... anyway ... shitty game will be shitty.

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Like someone said, looks like Mars: war logs in a fantasy setting. Will buy... at some point.

Turisas

Arch Devil
Patron
Screenshots:

V2Stk7j.jpg
OskJRsb.jpg
yvyG0nr.jpg
ARiuStR.jpg
RCmkZOc.jpg
QkrD3Xa.jpg
f32jMX3.jpg
s6Q6pWx.jpg

RMhTfGD.jpg

Last edited:

aleph

Arcane
Kinda reminds me of Amalur*, though I can't really say why.

*a good thing, fuck you hivemind

Modron

Arcane
:rpgcodex:

Not a good a thing. KoA = shitty combat, no C&C, empty mmo locations, crappy dialog, carpal tunnel inducing qtes every 3 seconds; only decent thing about was the character system and different builds you could make but was not enough to salvage the game.

DeepOcean

Arcane
Well, this looks like a slightly improved DA 2... they are truly following the footsteps of the masters.:lol:

aleph

Arcane
Not a good a thing. KoA = shitty combat, no C&C, empty mmo locations, crappy dialog, carpal tunnel inducing qtes every 3 seconds; only decent thing about was the character system and different builds you could make but was not enough to salvage the game.

I am not trolling. It is true that any single part of Amalur is nothing special and there are alot of flaws. But everything together still made for a game I could not stop playing. I guess it is good for what it is, a Skyrim/WoW crossover with a massive amount of (repetitive) content and some few nice ideas.

Turisas

Arch Devil
Patron
there's no option for that, unless you want me to additionally explicitly write it in colored letters into your post, like some esf mod twat..

Silly Xenforo. The spoilers won't stop the images from loading when you open the page though, is it really necessary to have screenshots of a game hidden in its dedicated thread?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom