Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Breaking News! Gaider is no longer working at Bioware.

Self-Ejected

Excidium II

Self-Ejected
EDIT:
From the codex:

davidgaider.jpg
Sex Offender -> Mafia boss -> McDonalds manager -> ???

VentilatorOfDoom

Administrator
Staff Member
you know it's been a few years already and I think it's time for EA to close the studio, franchises have been milked and turned to shit, yeah it's time

santino27

Arcane
Patron
My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
No commentary on his looks (I'm an ugly fucker too), but I'm hopeful this will lead to a slight incline with the writing in future Bioware games. If nothing else, maybe they'll fail horribly in new and exciting ways.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Dorian was not only the Dragon Age series' first gay cast member, but the first to be included in any BioWare game.

Not remotely true. The first gay male character you could romance in DA yes. But DA had other queers like that blacksmith couple in DA:O, ME3 had romanceable Steve. The first gay romance in a Bioware game was Juhani from kotor.

he wrote for characters like HK-47

Wait, WHAT?!

Korriban as well as Carth, Bastila, HK-47 and Jolee Bindo -- I did the initial design on Tatooine, before it was handed off to Luke, so I know a fair amount of what went on there as well.

Korriban's a pretty swell area imo. Plus Gaider has the honor of being the one to write the Sith Code. That's Star Wars canon.

I'm hopeful this will lead to a slight incline with the writing in future Bioware games.

They have a tried and true formula, his leaving changes nothing, just like it changed nothing on the titles he wasn't involved in.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
The first gay romance in a Bioware game was Juhani from kotor.

Nope, she wasnt a romance option, it was implied she was lesbian.

Jade Empire did have gay and lesbian options.
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Juhani#Romance

An error in the first release of the video game allowed player-characters of both male and female genders to access the Juhani romance sub-plot, leading some people to believe that Juhani was bisexual, but the error has since been corrected and the romance sub-plot restricted to female player-characters. Juhani's romance sub-plot is still available to male player-characters via fan-made mods

Where's that? Didn't see it on twitter.

It happened a long time ago, the format should have given it away.

Azarkon

Arcane
They started trying to include it with KOTOR, included it with Jade Empire and subsequent games, but generally kept it minor until Dragon Age Inquisition, their first flamboyantly LGBT game, where the LGBT content was both heavily advertised and emphasized in game.

hell bovine

Arcane
he wrote for characters like HK-47 in Knights of the Old Republic and then served as the lead writer of Neverwinter Nights: Hordes of the Underdark, his first project in that role.

he wrote for characters like HK-47

Wait, WHAT?!
He also released the Ascension mod for Throne of Bhaal. I still remember how - after finishing with BG'2 boring vanilla combat - my character got turned into a pincushion by the improved Illasera, since I wasn't expecting any difficulty.
edit: I think he did the improved battles part by himself.

Zanzoken

Arcane
you know it's been a few years already and I think it's time for EA to close the studio, franchises have been milked and turned to shit, yeah it's time

Nah, as long as there's profit in it EA will gleefully rape Bioware's lifeless corpse for years to come. :dance:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom