Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Brian "The Shoemaker" Fargo

In an unexpected turn of events, Brian Fargo decided to trademark.... footwear named "Gamer Shoes". I kid you not. I checked a few times if I got it right and everytime the result was the same.

260fsew.jpg

http://tsdr.uspto.gov/#caseNumber=+ 87063721&caseSearchType=US_APPLICATION&caseType=DEFAULT&searchType=statusSearch

In other news: Torment trademark went from "Providing online downloadable computer and video game programs" to
"IC 009. US 021 023 026 036 038. G & S: Computer game software; computer game software and related instruction manual sold together as a unit; computer games software supplied recorded on discs, cartridges, CD-ROMs; software games recorded on CD-ROMs, digital video discs, and cartridges for console and individual, portable gaming systems; computer game programs; downloadable computer game programs; electronic game programs; electronic game software; downloadable electronic game programs; interactive game programs; interactive game software; video game programs; video game software; computer game discs; downloadable software enhancements for interactive, video, electronic and mobile games; downloadable multimedia file containing artwork, text, audio, video, games, and internet web links relating to interactive, video, electronic games; digital music downloadable from the Internet featuring music sound tracks from computer games

IC 016. US 002 005 022 023 029 037 038 050. G & S: Booklets and manuals pertaining to video and computer games; bookmarks; books regarding video and computer games; catalogs; comic books; commemorative books featuring video and computer games; computer game instruction manuals; dictionaries in the field of video and computer games; encyclopedias in the field of video and computer games; geographical maps; graphic art prints; graphic representations; greeting cards; guide books featuring video and computer games; informational sheets about video and computer games; instruction sheets in the field of video and computer games; invitation cards; magazine columns about video and computer games; magazine supplements to newspapers in the field of video and computer games; magazines in the field of video and computer games; manuals and pamphlets in the field of video and computer games; maps; non-magnetically encoded prepaid purchase cards for allowing users to transfer financial value on-line via retail computer networks; novelty identification cards; pamphlets in the field of video and computer games; posters; stickers; strategy guides; trading cards; printed pages downloaded from the internet, namely, books, leaflets, brochures in the field of video and computer games; annuals in the field of video and computer games

IC 025. US 022 039. G & S: Clothing, namely, shirts, sweatshirts, dresses, jackets, pants, shorts, skirts, sweaters; headwear; footwear

IC 028. US 022 023 038 050. G & S: Action skill games; board games; card games; cases for play accessories; carrying cases for hand-held video game systems; collectable toy figures; hand-held video game systems, comprising hand-held units for playing video games and associated game cartridges or game memory cards packaged as a unit; playing card cases; playing cards; plush dolls; plush toys; promotional game cards; standalone video game machines; trading card games; role-playing toys; puzzles; board games; apparatus for electronic games adapted for use with an external display screen or monitor; bags specially adapted for video game consoles; computer and video game joysticks; computer game consoles for use with an external display screen or monitor; dolls; doll accessories; game controllers for computer games; gaming headsets adapted for use in playing video games; gaming keypads; playing pieces in the nature of miniature action figures and toy model vehicles for use with table top hobby battle games in the nature of battle, war and skirmish games, and fantasy games; role playing games; toy weapons; toy armor; toy shields

IC 041. US 100 101 107. G & S: Entertainment services, namely, providing an on-line computer game; providing on-line non-downloadable computer games that may be accessed via a global computer network; Entertainment services, namely, non-downloadable software that allows users to create, modify, upload, download, share, preview, and publish user created interactive video game content, music, and other media files via a global computer network; Entertainment services, namely, providing interactive multi-player computer games via the internet and electronic communication networks; Entertainment services, namely, providing online news, articles, blogs, portals, webcasts, podcasts, information, commentary and strategies related to games, including electronic, computer and video games; Entertainment services, namely, providing online videos featuring games being played by others; Game services provided on-line from a computer network; Organizing eSports and video gaming leagues; Production of television and global computer communications programs and network broadcast programs featuring news highlights, eSports and video game contests, games, tournaments, exhibitions, competitions and events; Providing a web-based system and on-line portal for gamers to participate in on-line gaming, operation and coordination of game tournaments, leagues and tours for computer game playing purposes"
http://tsdr.uspto.gov/#caseNumber=+ 87062078&caseSearchType=US_APPLICATION&caseType=DEFAULT&searchType=statusSearch
A movie I suspect has many things to do with providing kickstarter rewards.

FeelTheRads

Arcane
When big companies like Adidas and Nike decline your Gamer Shoes pitch, what is there left to do but to take the matter into your own hands.

Gamer Shoes, coming soon to Kickstarter!

Severian Silk

I'm trying to think of something I've done that's worth trademarking....

Havoc

Cheerful Magician
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath
I think that's it. Brian wants to add Red Boots to Bard's Tale Collectors Edition, so he needs to trademark them.

orcinator

Liturgist
Is he patent trolling so when someone tries selling "VR READY SHOES DESIGNED FOR MAXIMUM GRIPPAGE AND COMFORT" they have to pay him?

AMG

Arbiter
:prosper:
And the worst part is that I could see this being a thing.

DavidBVal

4 Dimension Games
Patron
Developer
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Pathfinder: Wrath
Selling weird merchandising like shoes and stuff.... mkay.

Trademarking it... weird stuff.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Seems like the kind of thing only dorks in affluent California coastal cities would be interested in.

ilitarist

Learned
Illiterate Village Idiot
It would be nice to show people my gaming preference. Alas, I'm not going to leave my basement just to show off my deep understanding of choices and consequences in interactive media.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom