Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Briarpatch Woods Monument

rickralsten

Educated
So I started a new party in Briarpatch Woods after the newest update killed my savegames. No biggie, I kinda wanted a different composition anyways, plus I'm slowly learning what the fuck I'm doing.

Near where the treasure chest is located, in another alcove, I found this monument that was obviously an in-joke about Cleve and the very long development cycle, I laughed and thought that it must be new because I didn't notice it with my last party.

When I reloaded my save just now---yeah, I died, sue me, I still sorta suck--the funny monument wasn't there! Is this a thing that randomly pops up?

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Maybe you have to search for it? A lot of things are only found when searching, and the searching char should have enough points in whatever skill it is that searching depends on.

Danthar

Novice
So I started a new party in Briarpatch Woods after the newest update killed my savegames. No biggie, I kinda wanted a different composition anyways, plus I'm slowly learning what the fuck I'm doing.

Near where the treasure chest is located, in another alcove, I found this monument that was obviously an in-joke about Cleve and the very long development cycle, I laughed and thought that it must be new because I didn't notice it with my last party.

When I reloaded my save just now---yeah, I died, sue me, I still sorta suck--the funny monument wasn't there! Is this a thing that randomly pops up?
Interesting!

Haven't come across it nor have I seen anyone else come across it.

rickralsten

Educated
It said something like: in this spot the first ground was broken by the mighty neanderthal Cleve (although he had some exaggerated fantasy name) and then it went on to make a joke about the long development time. :P

Alkarl

Learned
I've seen it, but yeah, it vanished out of my game as well. Self-referential/agrandizing humour. I couldn't help but smile while reading the inscription.

jfunk

Augur
Yeah, I've started a bunch of parties in the briar patch. Sometimes the monument is there, sometimes it isn't. Not sure why/when at this point.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom