Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Bring them smilies BACK!

Bring them all back!

• YES!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • QUICKLY!

• NO

• Total voters

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
wtf is this shit

Kingston

Arcane
I lack the wit to put something hilarious here
mondblut said:
As for anti-fffuuu fags, go stuff yourselves. Get yourselves some fucking adblock and block the images you don't like.

Fair enough. Can we add the following image, people who don't like it can just adblock it.

Original_I_can_has_Cheezburger.jpg

Shannow

Waster of Time
Kingston said:
Agreed. Take the shitty 4chan smilies and shove em up your ass, DU. Your spine bends at the will of the posters. You had the chance to purge the forums of this crap and you wussed out. I AM VERY UPSET ABOUT THIS!
I take it all back, DU. You may start slow, but you always deliver
icon_salut.gif

MetalCraze

Arcane
Melcar said:
For some reason I'm not excited for smilies that much anymore.

The problem is that they are too big, cut out in an ugly way and don't make much sense on the Codex (like the avatard dude and ffffuuuuu). Ideally though the default limited set of 15x15 gifs was perfect.

Sceptic

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
I don't get it. I see a whole bunch of codexers complaining about "4chan smileys"... ON THE CODEX. You know, that place where everyone posts imagelinks of all fucking varieties. If anyone thinks that removing smileys of all things will magically create in-depth discussions, allow me to remind them of something called an image tag. I heard it's used quite frequently around these parts.

DraQ

Arcane
TBH my main reason for objecting to removal of the smilies was that they are an integral part of many past posts.

Sure, I do enjoy using an icon sometimes (particularly :smug: and :rage: as they are pretty potent imagery), but I actually sort of enjoyed smiley-less codex.

Still, the icons are rarely used and not overused in serious threads, so they aren't much of a problem.

Multi-headed Cow

I'm glad avatard's back. Now I just need a new Gaider avatar and I'll be set.

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
root said:
hey DU can you at least fix the layout? the smiles now all show up beside the posting window, and since they're gigantic, it fucks it up. just leave the small smileys as it was before and a link to the bigger ones
Some adjustments have been made.

ElectricOtter

yes, but it is not in the smiley selection

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom