Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Brofist Harvesting is a Serious Crime. Don't do it.

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
It has come to our attention that various individuals are harvesting brofists in an inappropriate manner. Please be aware that if you harvest brofists inappropriately:
  1. Your brofists will be reset to 0.
  2. We will permanently remove your right to brofist.
  3. Profit!!
Brofist harvesting is a crime. Don't do it.

racofer

Thread Incliner
29lleyp.jpg

Cassidy

Arcane
It has come to our attention that various individuals are harvesting brofists in an inappropriate manner. Please be aware that if you harvest brofists inappropriately:
  1. Your brofists will be reset to 0.
  2. We will permanently remove your right to brofist.
  3. Profit!!
Brofist harvesting is a crime. Don't do it.

The Brofist Feature itself is a crime against RPGCodex standards.

:obviously:

True incline would come if this feature was removed altogether and I thought that particular thread was about pointing out how futile the feature is by abusing it rather than a bunch of cheap harvesting of it as an "achievement". Which is why I only posted there once.

Besides isn't it just much easier and less time-consuming to shut it down than to go around policing its use too? And as far as I know there has always been an unofficial policy of always doing things the most efficient manner in RPGCodex(IE: "send your avatar proposals already resized and ready for upload in the server in a convenient zip file"). And superfluous popamole features that give no real enrichment to the quality and content of the Codex requiring extra policing sorts of go out against such principle.

Therefore, I ask for anyone not popamole to abuse the feature so that eventually everyone will have this shit off by default besides the console kiddies that give a fuck about "trophies" and "achievements".

Renegen

Arcane
I simply succumbed to peer pressure, it wasn't my fault. I have the whip lashes to prove it.

Mangoose

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity
I thought that particular thread was about pointing out how futile the feature is by abusing it rather than a bunch of cheap harvesting of it as an "achievement".
Actually it was just to point out that I can (could) post in the News Forum. And then I went to get groceries, my CDS bros fist me to death while I'm out of the house, and a day later all my brofists are gone. :(

VentilatorOfDoom

Administrator
Staff Member
So, you figured that anyone can post in the news forum, and instead of making a proper and appreciated newspost like, say, Jim Cojones , Art Vandelay or Pika-Cthulhu did (blessed be their names), you immediately jumped at the opportunity to post a thread labeled "derp" containing nothing but a post with "derp"? Disappointing.

MetalCraze

Arcane
Goddamn feds found out about our cunningly masked brofist harvesting going to get groceries operation. In this business you never know whom you can trust. But be rest assured - snitches will be punished for ratting out on family.

Teepo

Scholar
Idiots. Your first mistake was trying to start a bro harvesting operation without cutting me in on the action.

Mozgoëbstvo

Learned
I wasn't being ironic. Don't brofist that post o' mine.

Ah, fuck. It's true that mass production and internet irony cheapen everything.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom