Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Brofist Harvesting is a Serious Crime. Don't do it.

Mangoose

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity
If we already have circlejerk button, we might as well have one for depriving retarded posters of their circlejerks.
Easy to fucking say when you're not the one coding it, huh?

Anti-brofists, though.... I'd rather keep the typical one-word/one-liner vocal disagreement because that can stimulate debate
One-liner doesn't really stimulate anything and if it does, one liner and several "ಠ_ಠ"s works just as well as several one liners, without making such mess in the thread and in the database.

tbh I don't really see people being content with just pushing a "ಠ_ಠ" button instead of letting out a satisfying "STFU RETARD". They'll just push it then post their one liner anyway... I know I would.

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
There was no need to "draw attention" to the fact you could post there. I'm pretty certain everyone with half a brain was well aware of the fact already, given several non-newsposters had already posted news-threads. Initially I considered this a good idea; to allow more people posting there, but I guess it was only a matter of time until some drooling fucktard would feel the need to "draw attention" and start littering the news forum with his retarded dreck.

Yeah I should fix that about the News Forum.
Yeah, we knew about it. Ever since Jim Cojones posted his news item on the 29th Dec. We kept it open because people weren't being stupid with it and the news items coming in were decent. I was thinking about having certain access levels - originally the idea was anyone with over a year joined can post news (and that would get more people posting news, as opposed to waiting for people to selectively contact us or for us to ask for news posters and then no-one responds, or people do but then never post news). But given you've been registered for 3 years and you posted "Derp"... We obviously need some more selective criteria. And as people have now decided to abuse it, we shut it down.

It's because of you that Codexers can't have nice things.

Hoaxmetal

Arcane
Do what you have to do but users being able to post news is good. More often than not someone makes a thread, it goes to page 2 or 3 and then basically identical news post is made.

Cassidy

Arcane
The Codex was already born in decline.

2002 saw the raise of Xbox achievements and all other signs that a new century of decline was coming. And then there was Nick the Imperial(did I fail my lore check?) one of the oldest dumbfucks and a champion in % of threads in Retardo, older than even Roqua.

Serious_Business

Best Poster on the Codex
Pretty shitty feature. Positive reinforcement is like teaching your dog to shit when you give it a cookie, right? Something like that. The thing is, I shit when I want. I'm free

Serious_Business

Best Poster on the Codex
Pretty shitty feature. Positive reinforcement is like teaching your dog to shit when you give it a cookie, right? Something like that. The thing is, I shit when I want. I'm free

GOOD BOY! Isn't s_b a good boy? Here, have a fucking cookie!

Thanks, you have twice my posts and I don't think I ever read a single one, it was definitively worth it. But why "fucking" cookie though, wasn't it a bit excessive, you shouldn't step on my sensibilities like that

ChristofferC

Magister
11135.jpg

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
Cant even see other brofist counts, unless you specifically check his account detail. I really don't see why I should use fists as measurement tools. Perhaps if you place an ignore counter right below the avatars then we'll be able to gauge things in the true codexian manner: shit or not shit.

Strap Yourselves In Codex+ Now Streaming!
4 pages? You fucks are still debating this? Brofist are a more or less a gimmick feature that save you the need to post "+1" when you agree with someone and don't have anything else to add. Use it or ignore it if you don't like it, but stop arguing about bullshit like "anit-brofists" and all your elobarated cicle-jerk systems of rating a poster's "quality".
:decline:

Harpsichord

Arcane
I still think it's bullshit that we can't give brofists in GD. Quality GD posters exist ya know...

:roll:

DragoFireheart

all caps, rainbow colors, SOMETHING.
lol fucking retards seriously? Harvesting bro-fists? Oh god I have a great suggestion one moment fuckers.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom