Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Brofisting and other weird new fangled shit

butchy

Prospernaut
This brofisting is confusing. If I wanted a brofist I would ask my wife not to dye her facial hair for a month or two. I remember back when this was a normal website the search function worked. I have a feeling that if all the weird shit was disabled and people did their weird shit on Facebook and AOL we could use the search function again.

Are you really trying to appeal to millennials only, because they are awful, stupid, and have extremely poor taste.

In these dark times, people need something to believe in. I believe that good will win through in the end. It's only a matter of time until the clouds part and the sun shines. I'm going to start that again. It's only a matter of time until the clouds part and the sun shines down directly on my beautiful balls. I will leave a mark so big that it will be felt for years to come and history will remember my name. There is no turning back. I must stand fast in my resolve. The world has no use for another scared man. Right now the world needs a fucking hero.

Boom. Fuck you. I'm calling the shots now.

Why the fuck would I want to blow up the Chik-fil-A? It's fucking delicious.

Self-Ejected

Excidium II

Self-Ejected
This brofisting is confusing. If I wanted a brofist I would ask my wife not to dye her facial hair for a month or two. I remember back when this was a normal website the search function worked. I have a feeling that if all the weird shit was disabled and people did their weird shit on Facebook and AOL we could use the search function again.

Are you really trying to appeal to millennials only, because they are awful, stupid, and have extremely poor taste.

In these dark times, people need something to believe in. I believe that good will win through in the end. It's only a matter of time until the clouds part and the sun shines. I'm going to start that again. It's only a matter of time until the clouds part and the sun shines down directly on my beautiful balls. I will leave a mark so big that it will be felt for years to come and history will remember my name. There is no turning back. I must stand fast in my resolve. The world has no use for another scared man. Right now the world needs a fucking hero.

Boom. Fuck you. I'm calling the shots now.

Why the fuck would I want to blow up the Chik-fil-A? It's fucking delicious.
I agree.

(brofists were introduced to save some scrolling time by getting rid of retards quoting huge walls of text just to +1)

butchy

Prospernaut
It also fills me with anxiety. It is like if you go to a party and instead of the guys saying, "I agree," they instead rub your penis and also want their penises to be rubbed when you agree with them. And you're like, whooaa - I did not know about this penis rubbing and I would like to opt out. I would just like to enjoy hearing your opinion on a topic, and you hearing mine without any penis touching. I've never given a brofist out and it isn't because I don't enjoy what some other people write, it's just once you got down that road doing weird shit you can never come back. Whats next? I join facebook and talk to my aunt about my anal leakage issue? Or I start twiettering about genius boy scientists and their clock inventions? All of a sudden I'm buying northface fanny packs and showing people cool phone apps and sneaking away to highway rest stops and tapping feet in stalls until I hit rock bottom and end up fucking a bus full of k-3rd graders. I don't want to fuck kids. And frankly, I'm angry this website would want to set me on that path.

butchy

Prospernaut
i too like sticking things up my bum

I think we all are in agreement that sticking stuff up our butts is great fun and all, but wouldn't you like to be able to search while doing so? And not have the anxiety of this whole brofisting rigmarole debacle?

Zarniwoop

TESTOSTERONIC As Fuck™
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Oh, you should have seen the "11 billion voting icon" phase. The Codex looked like a Christmas tree.

Also: Brofist harvesting operation detected

Ismaul

Thought Criminal #3333
Patron
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech A Beautifully Desolate Campaign My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
I think we all are in agreement that sticking stuff up our butts is great fun and all, but wouldn't you like to be able to search while doing so?
Not everyone's like you, y'know, with such a big vagina you need a search function to find what you put in there. That is, aside from the whole sand beach you're already harboring there.

butchy

Prospernaut
Touché? I have no comeback for that. Just know, good sir, you have cut me deeply.

made

Arcane
I agree.

(brofists were introduced to save some scrolling time by getting rid of retards quoting huge walls of text just to +1)
Retards who have nothing to add to a discussion but "I agree" have no business posting on a forum that thrives on conflict and contrasting opinions. It saddens me that the Codex, erstwhile bastion of the intellectual elite of the Internet, has succumbed to the same herd mentality that plagues all social media.

PeachPlumage

Cipher
So I heard that facebook are incorporating a dislike button. The codex needs a un-brofist icon, which would feel like pulling out a buttplug from your bum and all that is left is that empty feeling of abandonment, despair and a cavernous hole. Like tears in rain.

Angthoron

Arcane
So I heard that facebook are incorporating a dislike button. The codex needs a un-brofist icon, which would feel like pulling out a buttplug from your bum and all that is left is that empty feeling of abandonment, despair and a cavernous hole. Like tears in rain.
It's called a brolapse and I just gave you one.

Unwanted

Irenaeus II

Unwanted
Dumbfuck Repressed Homosexual The Real Fanboy
I agree with the OP about the futility of brofists and how they might lead weak minded people who have potential to be good folks down a slope decline of popemolery and homosex. In times like this we need to stay strong and be firm against our temptations of either brofisting or posting esoteric and brofist button click-baiting inanities (dank memes) that to do not advance or add to the discussion of a thread or are good jokes. May the OP find strength in his heart and guts to ramble on despite the whole brofisting worshipping and other lame faggotry. He is one of the best member additions (returns?) this site has had in a quite a while and I bless his post with the official "good post" seal of Irenaeus. Thanks for starting this thread.

They are horrible soulless creatures, I avoid them whenever I go.

Millennials: the neverending rape

The millenial is a simpler and conformist creature. They are raised by circunstances basic and just reflect the leadership caste of society. We are run by vile and cowardly merchants and so millenials (and the common man) reflect this. A return to a warrior/priest leadership caste will correct this.

Self-Ejected

Excidium II

Self-Ejected
Retards who have nothing to add to a discussion but "I agree" have no business posting on a forum that thrives on conflict and contrasting opinions. It saddens me that the Codex, erstwhile bastion of the intellectual elite of the Internet, has succumbed to the same herd mentality that plagues all social media.
This is hardly a new phenomenon

Azrael the cat said:
huge wall of text
:salute:

King Crispy

Too bad I have no queen.
Patron
Staff Member
Strap Yourselves In

I agree.

Astral Rag

Arcane
vs5udz3.jpg

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom