Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Brofists vs. Approval

ltok

Literate
Joining the Codex and making my ignore list made me ask: Should it be legal to express approval or disapproval of an event, or new information, in a response, when one has nothing good to say? My answer is "No."

For example, pretty much the entirety of the first page here:
http://www.rpgcodex.net/forums/inde...proach-cyberpunk-2077-interview-at-ign.82747/
is either one line expressions of such, attempts at witty disapproval, mostly unfunny, or chattiness.
Later pages do a little better.

My solution: ban everyone have "Approve" and "Censure" features for the information in a post, which do not connote Brofist's approval of the poster. And make them independent of brofisting.

Then ban everyone who posts their mood.

Because thinking discussions are more important than lulz.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
get_out_frog_by_nosense616-d4cqui8%5B1%5D.png

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
My solution: ban everyone have "Approve" and "Censure" features for the information in a post, which do not connote Brofist's approval of the poster. And make them independent of brofisting.
:hmmm:

And how much would you be willing to pay for this "feature"?

Fowyr

Arcane
Vatnik
I don't even blinked. Such weak trolls should be affixed with bow of shame and thrown into the pit.

Cowboy Moment

Arcane
Before Codex going F2P:

Itok: Ban everyone!
DU: Sent Itok to RPGWatch.

After Codex going F2P:

Itok: Ban everyone!
DU: How many potato would you pay for that?

ltok

Literate
"Approve" and "Censure"

Here:

:thumbsup:
:killit:
I also ask myself now if it makes sense to reply to stupidity in my own thread.

Anyway, I am no troll, although the banning talk was half-serious. However, it would make my ignore-listing decisions easier if the feature existed and someone did not use it.
I cannot edit my post, but I will clarify that posting your mood as the example in the quote was what I meant, and little else.

"How many rich gentlemen avoid this forum because of ...?"- This forum still has more intelligence than Iron Tower's, annoyingly, due to a handful of users: galsiah stopped posting there, Vince posts there and here and DU and a few others post only here.

Crooked Bee

(no longer) a wide-wandering bee
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
I also ask myself now if it makes sense to reply to stupidity in my own thread.

Oh but it does! It always does on the Codex.

Look, boy, I would generally agree with you re: thinking discussions and shit. But you are complaining about a CD Projekt thread. The more people just laugh at CDPR instead of "thoughtfully discussing" their crappy games, the better. I, for one, would be extremely concerned if a CDPR thread on the Codex didn't evolve into a lulzfest.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom