Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Broken Alerts

Unwanted

Hatred

Unwanted
The threads I am following don't always show up as having new posts in my alert. If I stay logged onto the site then it works fine. If I log onto the site after not having been on it for a while it doesn't work so reliably. Lots of Alerts are missing when I log on.
Also I seem unable to ignore moderators. One moderator in particular spams a fair amount of crap and I can't see why I should have to read it.

Servo

Arcane
I just noticed the same thing.

Edit: I meant regarding the alerts.

Last edited:

zwanzig_zwoelf

Also I seem unable to ignore moderators. One moderator in particular spams a fair amount of crap and I can't see why I should have to read it.
You can't ignore moderators.
Even a shitposting one.
Screwge has a perfect weapon.

Unwanted

Hatred

Unwanted
You can't ignore moderators.
Even a shitposting one.
Screwge has a perfect weapon.

It was actually Infinitron I would ignore. I don't really notice scrooge posting where I read. Infinitron however has a habit of making Iren style one liners.

zwanzig_zwoelf

You can't blame Infinitron for being everywhere, it's a technique mastered by elite jews, and it can be used as a weapon to trigger mass suicide.
If we don't have it, the others will. Deal with it.

Unwanted

Hatred

Unwanted
You can't blame Infinitron for being everywhere, it's a technique mastered by elite jews, and it can be used as a weapon to trigger mass suicide.
If we don't have it, the others will. Deal with it.

I'm not so sure the power to browse forums like a sperglord on speed is unique to Jews. The speed with which he responds (very selectively to things where a one liner will do it and he doesn't have to actually explain anything or defend a point) is pretty creepy though.
Not sure how I am supposed to deal with it exactly though. Btw your old avatar was a lot nicer. I'm not sure but right now it looks like some Harkonnen.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I saw a thread in Site Feedback asking for help, what's the problem?

IIRC, if you don't read the thread that alerts you, it might not alert you again, so don't expect to get a zillion alerts from the same thread after not having logged in for a long time.

Unwanted

Hatred

Unwanted
I open every alert that alerts me. I don't read them all but I feel fairly safe in assuming that this isnt something the forum notices. I still don't get alerts for all of the forums I follow so I tend to just look at the forum lists now if I want to see what people are currently talking about.
Also um Bring back Irenaeus and Brosef and Ban VoD or whoever. Can I get ejected now ?

Unwanted

Hatred

Unwanted
Can I get ejected now?

DarkUnderlord will take care of that soon.

For your next account ( :smug: ), I recommend using the "New Posts" button at the top of the forum. No need to enter individual forums and subforums that way.

Thanks ! Also I wasn't going to make another account. I can just browse the forums manually without being a proper member no ? At least half the people on this website are guests or so the figures on the front page led me to believe
Edit: If we are honest I don't really add much to conversations. I mostly just vent at ppl and talk shit so its no real loss if I move from posting to just reading.

Unwanted

Hatred

Unwanted
I recommend using the "New Posts" button at the top of the forum.
Fuck. I actually pressed that button and ended reading some pretty fucked up shit. I thought the codex had some retards and rough edges before. Actually reading stuff here that isn't related to video games should come with some kind of health warning.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I recommend using the "New Posts" button at the top of the forum.
Fuck. I actually pressed that button and ended reading some pretty fucked up shit. I thought the codex had some retards and rough edges before. Actually reading stuff here that isn't related to video games should come with some kind of health warning.

Just wait till you get GD access. :cool:

Unwanted

Hatred

Unwanted
And that's before you got GD access! :cool:
Yeah someone told me I would get access to that if I threw the Codex 5USD. I think I would pay 5USD to keep it permanently invisible to me.
On a serious and actual site feedback note you guys actually do a pretty bad job of the whole donation explanation. It is only by hearsay that I know anything about the whole patron status tag. The FAQ regarding donations seems sparse and outdated.

Black

Arcane
I brought the same issue to this incompetent administration in the past and they first made it annoying but working and then reverted it to broken.
No wonder this place can't hope to be for paying users only unlike good forums such as neogaf and something awful.

Ellef

Deplorable
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
Hatred if you're mainly here for POE, the forum will continue to trigger you. I imagine most of the anti posters are too bored of the game to bother shitposting in there, so you're left with Shevek-tier fanboyism. Last I checked the thread it was Russian rage and spreadsheets..

There are plenty of proper game threads on the site for you to check out.

Taluntain

Most Frabjous
Staff Member
Yeah someone told me I would get access to that if I threw the Codex 5USD. I think I would pay 5USD to keep it permanently invisible to me.
On a serious and actual site feedback note you guys actually do a pretty bad job of the whole donation explanation. It is only by hearsay that I know anything about the whole patron status tag. The FAQ regarding donations seems sparse and outdated.

What's outdated exactly and what's missing from the FAQ?

Unwanted

Hatred

Unwanted
What's outdated exactly and what's missing from the FAQ?

I am a 'newfag' so I don't actually know exactly. I know that you get a patron status if you throw 5 USD at the codex but I only know that through peoples posts. Also the only Donate button I see on your donate page is to donate anonymously. There is no dollars into potato ratio displayed.
NOTE: Custom avatars and other options are currently still under-development.
I assume that bit is no longer accurate ...? In general there is fuck all info there. The one that really gets me is that if I press the donate button there is only anon donation on that page. Even if I wanted to be a patron I wouldn't know how. Codex isn't exactly a place where asking questions is a good idea either.

LF_Incline idk what you think trigger means or what you think is going on with me. I got no problem with the PoE forum. It is getting a little stale and has been for a while though. I enjoyed Roxors thread and I think its a bit sad that there will be no Grunk/VD thread (or at least it looks that way). I am growing a bit bored of it overall. The sheer quantity of people interested in TW3 is a bit suprising for a website which is supposedly for fans of old-school RPGs though (idk how tw3 subforum isnt in general gaming too....)
I've read some pretty old threads and some of them were amusing but in general I would say that not that much meaningful discussion of games actually happens on a day to day basis. Anyhows I just wanted to get ejected so I stop wasting my time with arguments with cowardly little shitheads like Shevek who has me on ignore but still quotes my posts and tries to start shit.
Wasn't intending to stop reading codex since I do not plan to go back to reading discussions that occur in the fucking retarded fanboi official forums for individual games. I just want to not have the ability to shitpost anymore since there is no real point but for as long as I can do it I probably will keep on doing it.
DarkUnderlord can I get ejected now please sir ?

Ellef

Deplorable
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
lel, you're posting on the POE forums at the same time as asking to be banned, as well as asking how to donate. This place is 90% shitposts but you still won't find a better place to discuss RPGs. You might just want to use the ignore functions if you somehow get upset and can't tune it out.

Unwanted

Hatred

Unwanted
I wasn't asking how to donate. I was pointing out that the information there isn't so good. As I said above
Wasn't intending to stop reading codex since I do not plan to go back to reading discussions that occur in the fucking retarded fanboi official forums for individual games. I just want to not have the ability to shitpost anymore since there is no real point but for as long as I can do it I probably will keep on doing it.
If you want to stop smoking cigarettes it is probably best to not walk around with a deck in your pocket. I'd prefer to be unable to post. I don't mind reading most of the stuff on the 'dex. Within the RPG forums anyhows.
Edit :like right now I am reading the interview about Umbra but some OCD part of me is replying to threads instead of just reading.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom