Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Bros, I am enjoying Lionheart.

fuzz

Liturgist
It uses, as everyone knows, the SPECIAL system. I rolled some battlemage (...)
Hope you maxed PE, mana management is pretty fuckd.

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
Barcelona is only part of the game fully finished. Everything else is rushed. Lack of funding detected!
Well it was rushed from the beginning. Do you remember the spirit selection? It's basically silent for majority of the game. On the other hand as long as you were prepared with book to get over the waiting periods, started to make combat optimized character in second part of the game, it was doable.

According to the hivemind, the game is reverse ToEE. Instead of rushing through Hommletcelona, you'll want to hang around because it's the good part of the game.

For me the game was worth it just to see Shakespeare send me flying into a wall with an attack.

DwarvenFood

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
While Barcelona was the best section, I did manage to finish the game, a thing that I can only say for like 10% or less of the games that I play. Definitely a game of the "aRPG" genre. Surf Solar did you play onward ? Where are you now ?

Surf Solar

cannot into womynz
I am still in Barcelona (sorry, was 2 days away from PC), but I have to say, I still enjoy it. If it really turns into a turd like you guys say, I wll tell. ;)

Deleted member 7219

Barcelona was great, lots of skillchecks and ways through it all, and the story/lore was unique too. Read the manual if you haven't already, they put so much effort into that. As everyone else says, it turns shit after Barcelona. Some team of talented people should make Lionheart: Redone or something, kept Barcelona and basically made a new game after that.

Deleted member 7219

Update: Well I couldn't find my original discs so I bought the game anew from GOG.com (helping out the CDProjekt bros). I'm reading through the manual right now. This really had an awesome setting. Alternate medieval history like this is something I haven't really seen in a video game. Age of Decadence is the closest thing to it although that game is still pretty much Roman and not set on Earth. Obsidian need to look into buying the rights for this, like Fargo did with Wasteland. A Chris Avellone written Kickstarter-funded Lionheart 2 would be stellar.

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
Totaly forgot about this game, I tried it back in the day but didn't get very far. Have to try it again.

Commissar Draco

Codexia Comrade Colonel Commissar
Patron
Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
I almost finished it 2 years ago but its dull hore just after you leave Barcelona... Oh they joy of becoming an agent of Holy Inquisition while being demonkin and trolling Torquemada... There is some village later on with maybe two non combat quests later on but this is it; would really prefer if Obsidian took it as base of Kickstarter instead of BSB Pillars of Eternity... and btw Nethergate is much closer to this game than AoD which is Machiavellian drama staged in I century Roman costumes.

pippin

I played it ten years ago. I remember cool stuff about it (like actually being sent to jail and not knowing where the fuck I were after escaping), but most of my memories are tainted by a sewer/dungeon thing that went on and on and on to the point I didn't knew what I was supposed to do there.
Still, I'd give it another chance if I have some bux to spare.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom