Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Bugs and issues (spoilers)

MediantSamuel

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Pretty minor bug, but I can't seem to click on this tank even when stood right next to it:

Fixed, thanks.

I notice the guards outside of the IG fort in Maadoran still call me a "girl" even when I'm a Legatus. ( :obviously: )

Does this count as a bug? :D

MediantSamuel

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Noticed a spelling mistake at the mountain monastery, should be "I didn't take anything." in the player's reply:

jk4K3Im.jpg

Also;

Checking my quest log for opportunities for more skill points and I noticed that after sweet-talking the monastery raiders into leaving (using my IG status) the quest doesn't seem to have finished and is stuck in my log. I spoke to the elder and traded with him so it should be completed, I imagine:

BElrTG8.jpg
XdnAzrT.jpg

Last edited:

Agesilaus

Antiquity Studio
Patron
Developer
Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex USB, 2014 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Erm... why doesn't poison work anymore??

I put poison on my weapon, stabbed the spear guy in Maadoran... and nothing happened. I still have 20 points of poison on the blade.

You have to do enough damage to bypass the armour. I guess you didn't even scratch him, so the poison didn't apply.

Yep, it was this. Only now, you only lose a point of poison if you actually hurt the target. Is this a bug, or working as intended? It's a little odd to shoot an arrow at a person, and only lose a point of poison if the target is injured.

Unwanted

Irenaeus III

Unwanted
Shitposter
It's a little odd to shoot an arrow at a person, and only lose a point of poison if the target is injured.

With melee weapons it makes sense not losing the poison point if you miss, but with range weapons it does not. No idea how to fix it, though.

valcik

Arcane
Fight against three constructs guarding sealed elevator hatch in Temple is not rewarded by combat skill points. Not a biggie, I was one SP short though and had to finish the game with 19 SP unassigned so it would have helped me. (GoG 1.1.0.0018)

Last edited:

MediantSamuel

Arcane
Patron
Noticed a spelling mistake at the mountain monastery, should be "I didn't take anything." in the player's reply:

jk4K3Im.jpg

Also;

Checking my quest log for opportunities for more skill points and I noticed that after sweet-talking the monastery raiders into leaving (using my IG status) the quest doesn't seem to have finished and is stuck in my log. I spoke to the elder and traded with him so it should be completed, I imagine:

BElrTG8.jpg
XdnAzrT.jpg

Went back to the healer in Maadoran and lied to him to keep the Monastery safe, didn't have the option to actually "betray" the monastery though. Did I miss something? I learned through streetwise that the elder was lying to me about the elixir(s).

The quest seems to be completed now, though. Guess I assumed the monastery would reward me for saving them.

Elhoim

Iron Tower Studio
Developer
Checking my quest log for opportunities for more skill points and I noticed that after sweet-talking the monastery raiders into leaving (using my IG status) the quest doesn't seem to have finished and is stuck in my log. I spoke to the elder and traded with him so it should be completed, I imagine

Should be updated, though.

Went back to the healer in Maadoran and lied to him to keep the Monastery safe, didn't have the option to actually "betray" the monastery though. Did I miss something? I learned through streetwise that the elder was lying to me about the elixir(s).

The quest seems to be completed now, though. Guess I assumed the monastery would reward me for saving them.

The only way currently to betray is to give the elixir. If you don't have it, the option is not there. We could add the option to say "He has the elixir", but then the healer would say "Go get it." BTW, you can attack and kill them all, and get the key. You can also sneak inside.

MediantSamuel

Arcane
Patron
Checking my quest log for opportunities for more skill points and I noticed that after sweet-talking the monastery raiders into leaving (using my IG status) the quest doesn't seem to have finished and is stuck in my log. I spoke to the elder and traded with him so it should be completed, I imagine

Should be updated, though.

The only way currently to betray is to give the elixir. If you don't have it, the option is not there. We could add the option to say "He has the elixir", but then the healer would say "Go get it." BTW, you can attack and kill them all, and get the key. You can also sneak inside.

Very true, thanks.

Actually, the quest log still wanted me to deal with the raiders when I had only to go back to the healer. Does this warrant a fix?

Last edited:

MediantSamuel

Arcane
Patron
Very true, thanks.

Actually, the quest log still wanted me to deal with the raiders when I had only to go back to the healer. Does this warrant a fix?

Yep! Will be fixed. Can you send me a savegame from when you arrived to the monastery the first time? info@irontowerstudio.com

Apparently my quicksaves / autosaves don't go back far enough (I'm a bad CRPG saver, I know. :() sorry man.

Will be sure to keep an eye out on the next playthrough, though.

MediantSamuel

Arcane
Patron
Apparently my quicksaves / autosaves don't go back far enough (I'm a bad CRPG saver, I know. :() sorry man.

Will be sure to keep an eye out on the next playthrough, though.

I usually place both auto and quick saves at 9 each, if I have to go back far enough.

Good idea, have fixed for future.

I also noticed a bug with the Inferiae demon so I've sent the relevant save file to the ITS email as of just now.

You may already be aware of it but I hope it helps. :D

Ivan

Arcane
Just started playing today. Noticed some typos
hyphenate Forty Two
AC656DA9CAB1D2EB0EDB7371B6877D8484D719C6

We are/We're out of rooms
092F59816E7A522E808BC44B0C9412475E67BED7

there is a similar device
8660BC63EEA0FE659CAD34C4F4A143F2FBA0815B

also, idk if it was deliberate, but in the following two images "raiders" doesn't use the possessive apostrophe; not a big deal, but it does break muh immersion when I see that and roll my eyes.
8660BC63EEA0FE659CAD34C4F4A143F2FBA0815B

12087E9F09601ACBB83AB5A19487D15DE316B9AF

and 1 weird thing in the first city: you can walk into the burned down Thieves Guild (but the camera doesn't fade out the roof)
3E7C28988C3AE6287DC2F171DC1FFF3B9A95B32F
in the second city I noticed that there wasn't an appropriate image for the scene where some peasants want to burn down a house with a preacher in it
F9823EAA4496394B6652042E3C67FE8A1A00EBDC

also, I really like how the raiders leave the encampment after you pay the ransom. very nice. hope to see their leader in the wasteland.

are you guys cool with us reporting typos and shit? or should we just let this go?

MediantSamuel

Arcane
Patron
Very true, thanks.

Yep! Will be fixed. Can you send me a savegame from when you arrived to the monastery the first time? info@irontowerstudio.com

So I got to the monastery on a different character and it seems to be the same deal.

Will email you the save file.

Ivan

Arcane
found this pretty annoying, though i'm not sure if it was intentional. I've seen this in other RPGs too. You pass a skill check to haggle your way down to a lower price but don't have the money. You come back and the original amount is the only one offered.

C07EB006228D7A9C69EF30777E1A11A272A98EB7

2E73E0ADB2C9F54AE045BA945783E0977399B06A

also, you don't give anyone "a half," of anything, it should just read "a K now and half of what you find there"

Saber-Scorpion

Learned
Patron
Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong BattleTech
So I'm aiming for the Chosen One ending (as a Merchant), and Lord Darganus is present at the vote, even though I helped the zealots crucify him earlier.

Also I keep losing the vote, even though I convinced 3 people in the room (the assassin, the merchant guild leader, and the zealot guy next to the throne) to side with me, and only 2 people openly sided against me (the undead Lord Darganus and of course that asshole Feng), with the Prophet not saying anything. I'm not even sure who this Prophet is, having never met him before. Anything I can do to win the vote?

Elhoim

Iron Tower Studio
Developer
So I'm aiming for the Chosen One ending (as a Merchant), and Lord Darganus is present at the vote, even though I helped the zealots crucify him earlier.

Also I keep losing the vote, even though I convinced 3 people in the room (the assassin, the merchant guild leader, and the zealot guy next to the throne) to side with me, and only 2 people openly sided against me (the undead Lord Darganus and of course that asshole Feng), with the Prophet not saying anything. I'm not even sure who this Prophet is, having never met him before. Anything I can do to win the vote?

Send me a savegame to info@irontowerstudio.com

Darganus should be fixed for the next update, I'll check the vote.

RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In
I was a talker and I'm sure that I didn't get the combat training from Dellar despite the dialogue box stating that I did.

@Elohim
Yeah, it's all right. By the way I also checked the chosen one path and there is another problem with the voting. If you decide to not have Faelan asassinated he just stands there and doesn't do anything.

PlanHex

Arcane
Patron
So I also tried to go for the Chosen One ending and landed in the same situation as above.
The thing is that this was as a Grifter -> Merchant. I was told that it is possible to recognize the prophet as a grifter and was hoping for some interaction there and possibly bypassing the bug by getting his vote or whatever, but I just get ignored. Shame, since it was the only time I got to see him during that playthrough. :(
If you're already doing a pass on the CO ending, maybe add something there. Getting his vote and/or hilariously revealing both of you as con-men.

Maybe make the whole voting process more clear. Have the centurion announce who gets to vote and what happens in case of ties or something like that.

edit:
Also, will Militiades show up instead of Darganus if you completed his quests? If so, I may have to embark on the hardest of all possible playthroughs as a Chosen One with enough combat skills to get Militiades in his rightful place as my second acolyte. (or just cheat my way to it)

Last edited:

Elhoim

Iron Tower Studio
Developer
So I also tried to go for the Chosen One ending and landed in the same situation as above.
The thing is that this was as a Grifter -> Merchant. I was told that it is possible to recognize the prophet as a grifter and was hoping for some interaction there and possibly bypassing the bug by getting his vote or whatever, but I just get ignored. Shame, since it was the only time I got to see him during that playthrough. :(
If you're already doing a pass on the CO ending, maybe add something there. Getting his vote and/or hilariously revealing both of you as con-men.

There is something there, but there was an issue with the variable. It's fixed now.

Did anyone pass the vote? I guess Feng not being there is crucial.

Yeah, Feng will never vote for you.

- Feng will never vote for you.
- Darganus will vote for you if you did his quests, and against you if you never met (fixed the Jesus bug).
- Athanasius will vote for you if you did the MG quests with him, if not, you can convince him.
- You can convince Varro.
- You can convince Marcus.
- Prophet will now properly recognize you as grifter, or you can convince him if you have high impersonate.

Elhoim
I don't quite understand what do you mean by "now". As far as I can tell there is no new path on GOG. Is there a new Steam-only patch? If yes, then when is it coming to GOG?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom