Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Bugs and issues (spoilers)

Kelron

Barely Literate
Hi, agentorange posted that issue on my behalf.

I did talk to Strabos and agree to help him so I can accept that part may be her mistaking me for someone else rather than a bug. I have to say the text and my character responses didn't read like that to me.

The other issue I had in the conversation is I attempted (and failed) a persuasion check to win her round, before I'd discussed whatever she was asking me to do. After failing I no longer had previous conversation options, only the choice of agreeing to her terms (which I don't know) or leaving.

I have a save game from before talking to her if it helps, what's a good place to upload it or should I email it to someone?

Goral

Arcane
Patron
The Real Fanboy
Elhoim
When playing as a Praetor I've convinced Sohrab to reveal all he knows and told Dellar about it, i.e. that he was going to fix a blue steel smelter. But when I choose the praetor option to get rid of the Gaelius tropps from the outpost and stay true to my word I tell Dellar there is nothing there. I would think that Dellar would double check and not just believe me, especially since a while earlier I told him that it's an ore smelter (and blue steel at that).

______
And here's a bug that doesn't let you continue the game: http://www.mediafire.com/download/5sqc77c5wscc30z/Juno1467528329_Cant_talk_to_Carrinas.sav
At the end of my Teron run as a Praetor I have the task to lure Carrinas into the inn. Which I can't do because they won't let me into the barracks, the only option available is "I want to join IG". If I reload this save this option changes to proper response "I'm from house Daratan and want to see Carrinas" but it's not obvious. So load the save I've provided, choose "LEave" option and approach guards again and you won't be able to enter. Reload that save and it magically swaps the option to the proper one.

Niektory

one of some
Patron
Maybe it's the INT bonus kicking in?

EDIT: Yep, that's it. It can be confusing since AFAIK it can kick in at different quests depending on the order you do them in (because it tracks fractions under the hood).

Last edited:

Goral

Arcane
Patron
The Real Fanboy
This is the same character, everything is the same.

Edit:
I've checked and it seems that a 10 INT character should get 3 SP but I have no idea why I do not get it. Something similar happened in the Arch a while ago where I was getting 6 or 7 SP.

Edit 2:
It seems you're right Niektóry, thanks. This should be fixed though.

Last edited:

Niektory

one of some
Patron
Here's how I believe it works:

The reward for this quest is 2 SP. With 10 INT, you have 30% bonus, so the adjusted reward is 2.6 SP. The interface shows an integer number of SP, but it tracks fractions under the hood.

So you might have 26 SP before doing this quest. After doing it you'll have 26.0 + 2.6 = 28.6 SP, but the character screen will show the rounded down numbers 26 -> 28 SP, and the message will tell you you have gained 2 SP.

But suppose you did some other quest before this one and have 29.9 SP as a result. After doing this quest you'll have 29.9 + 2.6 = 32.5 SP. The interface rounds the fractions down so you'll see 29 -> 32, and the message will tell you you've gained 3 SP.

Elhoim

Iron Tower Studio
Developer
This is the same character, everything is the same.

Edit:
I've checked and it seems that a 10 INT character should get 3 SP but I have no idea why I do not get it. Something similar happened in the Arch a while ago where I was getting 6 or 7 SP.

Edit 2:
It seems you're right Niektóry, thanks. This should be fixed though.

Here's how I believe it works:

The reward for this quest is 2 SP. With 10 INT, you have 30% bonus, so the adjusted reward is 2.6 SP. The interface shows an integer number of SP, but it tracks fractions under the hood.

So you might have 26 SP before doing this quest. After doing it you'll have 26.0 + 2.6 = 28.6 SP, but the character screen will show the rounded down numbers 26 -> 28 SP, and the message will tell you you have gained 2 SP.

But suppose you did some other quest before this one and have 29.9 SP as a result. After doing this quest you'll have 29.9 + 2.6 = 32.5 SP. The interface rounds the fractions down so you'll see 29 -> 32, and the message will tell you you've gained 3 SP.

Exactly. Fixing it will actually break it, giving you sometimes more or sometimes less SP that the INT % states. The system is precise. In any case, it's the last time we'll do something like this as it's confusing and hard to balance. INT bonus will focus on tagging skills.

Goral

Arcane
Patron
The Real Fanboy
I've got a Radeon HD 5770 and I had no trouble maxing out everything except the Highest setting for Lighting, which made performance poor generally and abysmal in certain underground areas. Flipping it to High made all the bad feelings go away.
I've just installed 16.9.1 driver (Crimson edition) and it seems that the problem got fixed. Can you confirm this Old One ? I'm running Aod64.exe and have lighting on highest and everything is smooth (even in Temple interior). Unless it wasn't AMD that fixed it and IT changed something (but I don't remember any updates).

Atchodas

Augur
Noticed some text related issues with dead characters :

In ganezzar i killed the lord when militades asked me , the preacher in lowtown wont acknowledge lord is dead , says something about him better leaving the city soon .

When i return to Maadoran to finish Basil and Quintus quest line , before the final encounter TG Boss speaks as Levir is still alive , eventhou in conversation Basil mentions new TG leader . ( i sided with lorenza as assassin and offed levir for the healing machine )

Old One

Arcane
I've got a Radeon HD 5770 and I had no trouble maxing out everything except the Highest setting for Lighting, which made performance poor generally and abysmal in certain underground areas. Flipping it to High made all the bad feelings go away.
I've just installed 16.9.1 driver (Crimson edition) and it seems that the problem got fixed. Can you confirm this...?
Okay, I finally got the latest drivers installed for my GPU. Unfortunately, the latest for my card are the Crimson 16.2.1 drivers, and the problem is still there. The supposed fix must have happened at some point between 16.2.1 and 16.9.1.

I don't consider it a big problem, though. If I leave Lighting at High instead of Highest (even though Highest definitely looks a little bit cooler), the game is smooth as silk.

Goral

Arcane
Patron
The Real Fanboy
Okay, I finally got the latest drivers installed for my GPU. Unfortunately, the latest for my card are the Crimson 16.2.1 drivers, and the problem is still there. The supposed fix must have happened at some point between 16.2.1 and 16.9.1.

I don't consider it a big problem, though. If I leave Lighting at High instead of Highest (even though Highest definitely looks a little bit cooler), the game is smooth as silk.
It got fixed exactly at 16.9.1, I was checking every update. So, 16.9.1. or later is not available for your card? That's strange. Anyway, thanks for checking.

Old One

Arcane
So, 16.9.1. or later is not available for your card? That's strange. Anyway, thanks for checking.
As far as I can tell. The Radeon HD 5770 with Windows 7 is getting to be a pretty old configuration these days.

There's a typo in the conversation with Varro, the leader of the Boatmen in Meru's castle. When he's describing how the Ganezzar guild was destroyed he changes tense (an easy thing to miss, since none of his words are misspelled). I forgot to write down the exact wording, unfortunately, but I kept a save from that point so I can get it for you if you need it.

Old One

Arcane
PM Vault Dweller about it or tag him because I'm not sure he'll notice this.

Okay Vault Dweller:

When you ask Varro what happened to the assassins' guild, he says something like "the crowd rushes," which is present tense. Rushes should probably be "rushed" instead, since the rest of the sentence is in the past tense. It's one of those things a spellcheck wouldn't catch.

Since I'm mentioning Varro, I agreed to help him assassinate the Aurelian legate. When I entered the legate's tent, I told him about the assassination plan and he sent his guards outside to kill Varro. At that point my only option was to kill the legate, which was very sneaky and underhanded, but counter to what I was hoping, which was actually to betray Varro and leave the legate alive. To be honest, it would be pretty cool to be able to capture Varro without killing him. He doesn't really seem to want to work for Meru in the first place, so maybe he could be convinced to switch sides and help you kill Meru instead. That's what I was hoping for, anyway.

You'd also have to convince the legate to let him live, of course...

Old One

Arcane
I forgot to bring my notes from home, so this is going to be a PiTA bug report on typos, but I found two more errors. One is in the dialogue you get with Thessalos after he invites you into his showroom to brag about his relics if your character is a loremaster. The other shouldn't be too hard to find, as it's in the summary text you get if you're a Daratan Praetor and you kill Agathoth, or at least don't bring back any weapons for Antidas. There's an extra word right near the beginning where it says, "after failing at such a simple task..."

This brings me to my next criticism: The Daratan Praetor storyline is by far the least satisfying of any in the game. That's mostly because, for some reason, the game's editorial voice has an irrational hatred for Antidas. He's called a megalomaniac and ridiculed as a fool even though he's never really done anything to deserve that criticism. At worst he's no worse than any of the other potential leaders (assuming Paullus, Gaellius, and Meru), and it could be argued he's better than any of them. Paullus has got the chops, but he's too afraid to risk anything and even if he wins he turns into an iron-fisted dictator. Gaellius is content to squat on top of the pile and shit on everyone else as long as his share of the pie is the biggest, even if it means inviting the Ordu into Maadoran. Meru's a flat-out kook.

Antidas meanwhile has the legitimacy, the vigor, and the skill to rule. The only thing he lacks is luck and allies who don't betray him at the decisive moment.

A simple solution would be to have the Kingmaker questline give the player the option of being a Daratan Praetor once he reaches Maadoran. If you could get Carrinas to proclaim Antidas the emperor and also destroy the Aurelians, you'd be close to a breakthrough in Daratan's favor. If Paullus were out of the way somehow Carbo could take over and then the cards would all fall in a row. Conquer Ganezzar and it's all over. It could be done with minimal warfare.

axedice

Cipher
Antidas (or rather his family) was desperate and stupid enough to believe in fortunetellers, so he was raised with an illusion of grandeur. He had strong allies and a weakened enemy at the beginning of his reign, but as the situation deteriorated he couldn't adopt due to a lifetime of eating all that prophecy bullshit, took unnecessary risks and lost everything. Even if he had won (by pure chance, not skill or determination) he wouldn't have been half the leader Paullus/Gaellius/Strabo etc. would make.

Old One

Arcane
Antidas had the war all but won through skill and/or luck. If Meru hadn't betrayed him at the decisive moment, it would already be over. Paullus and Gaellius don't even try to win. Whatever the basis for his belief, at least Antidas wants to restore the empire.

Antidas's character is well illustrated by his relationships with Feng and Deliar. It's possible for a fraud like Feng to fool Antidas for a little while, but Antidas is smart enough to listen to Deliar's opinion about Feng in the end. That's the behavior of a leader capable of recognizing his own failings and capable of recognizing a loyal counselor who gives good advice. Paullus doesn't take anyone else's advice, not even from a loyal subordinate like Carbo. Furthermore, there's nothing in the game to indicate that Antidas is miserly, or vindictive, or crazed. He may be arrogant and susceptible to flattery, but he's not inherently nasty, paranoid, or unhinged.

Antidas also has legitimacy. Without any legitimacy Paullus can only rule through brute force. Gaellius doesn't have nearly enough legitimacy, which is one of the reasons the nobles in Maadoran are all plotting to undermine his authority. The Aurelians are conniving upstarts. I agree completely with Lord Senna's opinion of Gaellius: even though Gaellius already has more soldiers than Antidas and Meru combined, he still wants to invite the Ordu into Maadoran. Gaellius doesn't care what form the world takes as long as he's got the biggest slice. No wonder he tries to suppress all the old knowledge; it could be a threat to his position.

At worst, Antidas is no worse than any of the other potential rulers. There's no justification for the way the game's editorial voice insults him at every opportunity. That's probably the main reason I'm sympathetic to him, actually.

Last edited:

MediantSamuel

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Elhoim

Not sure if this has been posted before. I just tried to get the power armour for Marcus Valla by way of talking the mercenaries down. Didn't work so I had to leave, only the quest log actually tells me I was succesful and to give said armour to Marcus Valla.

Quick fix, maybe?

Aaron Burr

Educated
I am not entirely sure if this is a known issue or just a weird thing that happens only on my computer, but I launched the game and well, I didn't even bother hitting "new game" because there appears to have an issue with the mouse on my computer ; the pointer seemed to move in the down direction on its own accord, randmoly, making it appear to be very tedious.

Looked through a few pages of this thread, never saw an answer. I'm having the same problems, mouse scrolls down to the bottom left without any input from me. Only occurs with my Steam version, game works perfectly fine on my GoG install.

Also have some obnoxious camera bugs when I first start a game (on both installs). Sometimes can't move the camera at all, always start with the camera in a random place very far away from my character.

agris

Arcane
Patron
I am not entirely sure if this is a known issue or just a weird thing that happens only on my computer, but I launched the game and well, I didn't even bother hitting "new game" because there appears to have an issue with the mouse on my computer ; the pointer seemed to move in the down direction on its own accord, randmoly, making it appear to be very tedious.

Looked through a few pages of this thread, never saw an answer. I'm having the same problems, mouse scrolls down to the bottom left without any input from me. Only occurs with my Steam version, game works perfectly fine on my GoG install.

Also have some obnoxious camera bugs when I first start a game (on both installs). Sometimes can't move the camera at all, always start with the camera in a random place very far away from my character.
Do you have any joysticks or gamepads plugged in? Try disconnecting them from your computer before launching DR.

Aaron Burr

Educated
Do you have any joysticks or gamepads plugged in? Try disconnecting them from your computer before launching DR.

Starting the game with nothing plugged in (not even a keyboard or mouse) still causes the same issues.

Edit: NM, fullscreen mode and/or lockMouse() in the console fixed it.

Self-Ejected

Excidium II

Self-Ejected
Is this a missing texture:
ektvna.jpg

When I returned to Ganezzar after doing the quest for meru it was fixed.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom