Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Business/Career/Education subforum?

Good idea?

• Yes

Votes: 22 41.5%
  • No

Votes: 31 58.5%

• Total voters

laclongquan

Arcane
Is there a "business rpg" somewhere? You know, you roll your businessman/woman and go on job hunts and shit like that. It would be pretty rad.

It's called LinkedIn. There's job hunts there, but it mostly is the place where professionals and aspireds gathered.

Mustawd

Is there a "business rpg" somewhere? You know, you roll your businessman/woman and go on job hunts and shit like that. It would be pretty rad.

It's called LinkedIn. There's job hunts there, but it mostly is the place where professionals and aspireds gathered.

I actually got my current job through linkedin. Pretty useful if the circumstances are right.

kwanzabot

Cipher
Shitposter
Voted NO.

Next thing you know this guy is gonna want a "wife and kids" subforum. OMFG, the :decline: never ends.

THAT, fellow codexers, is how my Dota 2 clan ended. People started with shit excuses like "Sorry Stabby, me getting a job means I can no longer train at 3 PM" and then it was like "oh, I can't train tonight either because I gotta have dinner with my gf". Dinner and sex with gf. PFFT! What a faggot. Real men GIT GUD instead. :rpgcodex:

you're a fucking loser lol

Immortal

Arcane
In My Safe Space
it would be nice if the cucks voting "no" explained why in this thread.

maybe it's time you turn off the games for a moment and think about your future.

Based on the 'Advice' threads we have on the dex already.. this will just be a breeding ground of edge posting and incessant whining coupled with some wiki scholars trying to flex their e-peen.

The only people who would post advice are the arm chair experts who are barely qualified to operate a motorized vehicle let alone give career advice or technical consulting. This is just opening the door for internet intellectuals who want to self-masturbate to their own smugness while talking down to anyone who might actually want real tangible advice.

I love this forum but there are way too many 'experts' who talk out their ass any chance they can get.

Mustawd

Well, I for one, feel pretty confident in giving advice to people looking to go into finance/accounting/general business careers. And if I don't know the answer I can at least point to good resources.

I used to help in recruiting for my old firm and volunteered as a career mentor for my alma mater (not that many students ever took advantage of it because most are 'tards. But I did help the ones who did contact me). But you're right in that there's a lot of people here that tend to talk out of their collective butts and have zero real world experience.

Mustawd

Clearly, I'm a front for meth sales.

EDIT: It's actually a subject I like discussing and something students and even some professionals tend to ignore (at their own career peril).

Besides, this forum tends to have a very cartoony and one-dimensional view of business in general, so I think it'd be helpful to shed some more light on it.

I mean I don't have experience in small business, so it's not like I can give any specific advice on that other than to say "yeah, doesn't sound dumb" or "that sounds kind of dumb". Most of my experience is in the corporate world of private and public companies. Private meaning over $10M a year in revenue.

agris

Arcane
Patron
I like the idea. I'd be happy to offer advice to people seeking degrees in STEM fields.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom