Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

butthurt filter

obediah

Erudite
What would it take to filter out all variations of butthurt? I think a suitable replacement would be:

"Yikes! You have invested more thought and effort into this subject than I have. Since you are more knowledgeable than I on the topic, it is clearly lame, and you are a homofag loser for caring about it."

For a site that cherishes their snobby rpgs of yesteryear, while bashing the low level of discourse at other gaming sites, the swift embrace of such bald anti-intellectualism gives me...well butthurt.

Isn't butthurt meant to be douchey? That's when I use it. Not even in response to anyone's argument unless they're pretty whiny.

Kz3r0

Arcane
Replace it with Kingcomrade, it's very appropriate.

Andyman Messiah

Mr. Ed-ucated
Who keeps track of all these hurt butts? I do believe we need a sticky in general discussion detailing the who's and why's and when's of Codex butthurtery. Someone, get on it!

Admiral jimbob said:
There should be a system to autoban people who say "butthurt", "lulz" or "teh". Maybe just for a week or so per usage.

Have it Done.

All "catspeak" should be fucking bannable: nao, moar, and so on.

Emotional Vampire said:
Admiral jimbob said:
There should be a system to autoban people who say "butthurt", "lulz" or "teh". Maybe just for a week or so per usage.

Have it Done.

Moar. That was the other one I was thinking of, thank you.

kingcomrade

Kingcomrade
Edgy
newton_and_leibniz.png

Andyman Messiah

Mr. Ed-ucated
Emotional Vampire said:
Admiral jimbob said:

Have it Done.

Entirely pointless seeing as noone really writes any of that shit "properly". I'm sure at least all of the people in my lp-thread can provide examples.

I find it pretty funny sometimes. I don't see what the big bitching is. Although I prefer pbf, but there hasn't been a new pbf comic in ages.

DefJam101

Arcane
The problem is that XKCD has trouble incorporating memes/popular culture for any purpose other than scoffing at it and reminding us that it's dumb. (Remember guys? It's dumb! Ha ha ha I'm using the internet!)

This is all well and good until it's repeated for the umpteenth time and even less well and good when you remember that in a few years XKCD will be a meme/part of popular culture and other webcomics will reflect on how dumb it was.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom