Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Callvote auto retardoing Anhaira topics

Callvote auto retardoing for Andhaira

• vote yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • vote no

Votes: 1 100.0%

• Total voters

Andhaira

Arcane
"Also, I have truly epic amounts of patience coupled with an awesome ability to simply wear others down given time."

As do I. :lol:

MetalCraze

Arcane
DarkUnderlord said:
Some interesting stats:

Threads started by this person in Retardo Land
  1. Anonymous: 138 threads
  2. Volourn: 116 threads
  3. Andhaira: 87 threads

yep, Andhaira is still too far from high-score

Edward_R_Murrow said:
Dementia Praecox said:
Over half his threads are fine.
Old and discussed to death
Alright, if that's supposed to be off limits, then we might as well shut down the codex right now. When the old timers get nagged about why they don't post as much anymore one of the two main reasons is that they've already discussed all the threads in General RPG/design before. What a lot of you morons (not necessarily you Murrow, you're cool) don't seem to understand is that when you're discussing the same topic with two different people, you have two bloody different topics. Also, considering that 90% of all topics on the codex go off topic within two posts, searching the codex for any given topic doesn't necessarily tell you whether or not the topic has been discussed. If you find a topic with the same theme, you can be damned that by the second page it's about something of the extreme opposite or completely unrelated. And it's kinda unreasonable to expect everyone to scourge every other thread to see if some random THE CODEX IS DED-thread has evolved into some epic discussion about phase based combat (usually the other way around, I know). I might add my theory that the fact that every topic (not just Andhairas) has been done to death is part of the reason to the (in the codex-regular Brother Nones words) codex' increasing pathological tendency to discuss its own state. The zomg it's done before-crowd should head over to the Iron Tower Forums, where about every thread not about AoD is definitely had on the codex at one time or another. But hey, whaddyaknow, there's some actual discussion going on, even despite that there's almost exclusively codex regulars (including Brother None) that post there. What's even more surprising is that the lulz I get from the ITS-forums last a hell of a lot longer than what I get from the codex these days. Funny things tend to get more funny when it sticks out.

These aren't counting any of his Retardo'd threads either, which account for what seems to be roughly half of all his threads. So the only "good" threads are his 4E news threads and the scant few that aren't half bad discussion topics, and I stress the idea of a scant few.
Waah waah, so more than half his threads are shit. Sue me. Don't you know that over half (69%) of all statistics are bullshit anyway. Every thread, save one (it's even a sticky!), of KC are shit. He's a mod now. Two years from now, Andhaira is running the codex. Mark my words.

Anyway, that should shut the people who say over half his threads are good up.
Well my post should have shut the "OMG-ANDHAIRA-THREAD:-SPAM-SPAM-SPAM"-crowd up. Did it happen?

And once that happens, I honestly have to ask, why is there no admin intervention?
Some of the best lulz I get from the codex these days is reading the mod/admin replies in the Ban-X-polls and ZOMG-codex-decline threads. I'm beginning to suspect that anyone with a join date prior to 2006 just does it for the lulz. I mean, the only thing that's been fairly constant since it's birth, is the Codex Moderation Policy (TM). Still some people are to thick to get it (still cool, murrow). The only ones more stubborn than Volourn and Andhaira here, is the Codex crew, and I love them for that. [/cocksucking]

He has a negative net productivity, and is seriously impacting the Codex in a bad way, even if only serving as an enabler for other people.
These days, who hasn't? No seriously?

Why no admin intervention?
Because you (the codex) are doing it wrong.

Can anyone seriously apply some value to him?
I'm just starting to like him more and more for every post I make in his defense. I mean:

Andhaira said:
I would be happy to give you some pointers shaggy. Also, dancing andhaira pic is your firend. :P
I laughed hard. :lol:

Anyhow, just out of curiousity whose alt is larpingdude?
Seconded.

Brother None said:
Well perhaps the way he stated it, but personally, I've always disliked moderating purely by the rules without letting community factors enter into it.
You know, even for a regular, you have some serious issues with the management here. Perhaps you should try to stars your own forums and show them how it's done. :)

The simple question for Andharia would be: is the Codex better off with him or without him?
The only problem with that is that there are so many posters who should face the ban hammer first, and all the bandwidth the BAN-X-PLZ and UNBAN ANDHAIRA threads would steal afterward is bound to pull the sorcerers servers down. The only wrath the codex can't handle is Taluntains.

But seriously, look at all the drama the banning of TNP made. I mean, there hasn't been a more clear case of needs-to-be-banned ever. I think the drama following an Andhaira-ban would put the codex more to shame than Andhaira and Co ever would.

It'd be easy enough to add a bit of code in posting.php to prevent Andhaira posting new topics anyway. Though that leads us down the path of DAC
Please don't. Adding the ignore-function was more than DAC enough. The custom tags are getting enough DAC-ish by the minute, now every douche on these boards want one.

Brother None

inXile Entertainment
Developer
Dementia Praecox said:
You know, even for a regular

Fuck. You. Ok, demonic precocks? Just...fuck you.

Dementia Praecox said:
you have some serious issues with the management here.

No I don't. I was just makin' a suggestion. Any my earlier remark was more frustration at Andy's stupidity than at the moderating that allows him to yet breathe.

Compared to the TES forums, I no longer really consider any community mismanaged. It can always get worse.

So heck, I wouldn't be even remotely capable of the amount of self-loathing the Codex community lays upon itself in these kind of threads. Mine is more of a mild aversion, by comparison.

Dementia Praecox said:
Perhaps you should try to stars your own forums and show them how it's done. :)

The No Andharia Allowed forum?

Dementia Praecox said:
But seriously, look at all the drama the banning of TNP made. I mean, there hasn't been a more clear case of needs-to-be-banned ever. I think the drama following an Andhaira-ban would put the codex more to shame than Andhaira and Co ever would.

Wow, Catch-22.

pkt-zer0

Scholar
If having a mental spamfilter up is too much hassle, people could just use a Greasemonkey script or something to filter out Andharia's threads/posts.

Codex Regular said:
Dementia Praecox said:
you have some serious issues with the management here.
No I don't. I was just makin' a suggestion. Any my earlier remark was more frustration at Andy's stupidity than at the moderating that allows him to yet breathe. [...] So heck, I wouldn't be even remotely capable of the amount of self-loathing the Codex community lays upon itself in these kind of threads. Mine is more of a mild aversion, by comparison.
Just you wait. Despite registering in 2004, you haven't really been a (posting) regular for little more than a year if you exclude that epic NMA vs Codex-drama. You're showing all the symptoms and you know it. I give you one year before you're an all converted Angry Cunt. In two years you have a dumbfuck tag on NMA and Retardo Land on GameBanshee.

The No Andharia Allowed forum?
Haha, I just got an awesome idea: What if Andhaira joins the ITS-forums and start spamming his "good"-topics, i.e. those who are done to death without all the lulz (which pretty much came as an answer to the codexers spam-assaulting him, ref. DUs earlier posts in this thread), and see how he fares there. Now if the codex regulars over at the ITS manage to control them selves, my theory is that we'll get quite some interesting discussions.

Wow, Catch-22.
That's right. After the whole VD-gate, banning Andhaira would be pretty much throwing all fought-for principles out of the window.

Ratty

Scholar
pkt-zer0 said:
If having a mental spamfilter up is too much hassle, people could just use a Greasemonkey script or something to filter out Andharia's threads/posts.
That's a pretty good idea, actually. Here's something I whipped up with my rudimentary HTML DOM / JavaScript knowledge:

Code:
// ==UserScript==
// @name          AndhairaFilter
// @namespace     http://www.rpgcodex.net/phpBB/
// @description   Filters Andhaira's posts on RPGCodex forums
// @include       http://www.rpgcodex.net/phpBB/*
// ==/UserScript==

// List of users whose posts are filtered.
var postfilter = new Array( 'Andhaira' );

var spans = document.getElementsByTagName( 'span' );
var foundpost = false;

for( var i = 0; i < spans.length; ++i )
{
	if( !foundpost && spans[i].getAttribute('class') == 'name' )
	{
		for( var j = 0; j < postfilter.length; ++j )
		{
			if( spans[i].parentNode.innerHTML.search( postfilter[j] ) != -1 )
			{
				foundpost = true;
				break;
			}
		}
		continue;
	}

if( foundpost && spans[i].getAttribute('class') == 'postbody' )
	{
		spans[i].parentNode.parentNode.removeChild(spans[i].parentNode);
		foundpost = false;
		continue;
	}
}
It's ugly, unoptimized and about as robust as something that isn't very robust at all, but it should do the trick. I for one enjoy browsing an Andhaira-free Codex.

Dementia Praecox said:
In two years you have a dumbfuck tag on NMA and Retardo Land on GameBanshee.
Actually, we already have a far more varied and imaginative selection of custom tags and avatars on NMA, courtesy of Rosh.[/code]

Aditya

Educated
Ratty said:
I for one enjoy browsing an Andhaira-free Codex.

Its ironical you say so AFTER replying to Andhaira's posts in "PS:T is Adventure" thread. But I guess you are not the only one...most of the users who want to ban Andhaira, call him troll etc dont seem to have any problem in PARTICIPATING in his (stupid, according to them) threads.

Its simple really, stop replying to him, 'feeding the troll', if you are so troubled by him or better yet start some intelligent/discussion-worthy topics yourself, instead of constantly finding faults in his threads...but I suppose that would be quite a work for you (or people like you, who are hell-bent on banning Andhaira).

More than once, Codex management has specified its stand regarding Andhaira (that they do not find Andhaira ban-worthy), so will people please move on? Every other week someone starts 'ban Andhaira' topic...its getting really ridiculous.

DarkUnderlord said:
Brother None said:
Well perhaps the way he stated it, but personally, I've always disliked moderating purely by the rules without letting community factors enter into it. The simple question for Andharia would be: is the Codex better off with him or without him?
There are a lot of people who I feel don't necessarily "add to the Codex". I don't think enforcing a draconian Nazi-style "purge the unworthy" regime would help it though. It's an internet forum. People come and go. Some will stick around and end up posting some worthwhile things, while others will eventually leave. At the moment though, Andhaira is the in-thing to bitch about.

But isn't that how the Codex has operated?...not with moderator intervention but with the members slamming the unclean and putting them in their place with solid arguments, harsh words, and the occasional plane-tickets bitch threats until they leave whimpering, tails between their legs. Shit, that's the main appeal of this place is that you upheld some level of standard of quality you expect from games and posters. Instead, this place has turned into some half-assed 4chan and SomethingAwful wannabe trying to be high brow.

Also, I have truly epic amounts of patience coupled with an awesome ability to simply wear others down given time.

I see it as their parents' responsibility to put up with their shit as they grow and mature, but whatever.

Andhaira

Arcane
I just realized my username is misspelled in the OP. Amusingly, certain codexians then go into detail about my crappy posting.

Ah Codex! WHat I do without you providing me my daily lulz. :D

p.s. @ Ratty: How long did it take you to work on that code?

Special_Can

Scholar
I don't see the problem with Andhaira's constant spamming. It's not very irritating and when people take it seriously, it sometimes leads to an interesting discussion. It's the codex making it worse then it is. When they decide a topic sucks before even giving it a chance and start spamming it with random pictures and attacks on Andhaira and how stupid he is, that's when it gets to be a bad thing. Thanks for proving how smart you are, come again when Andhaira starts his new topic in 10 minutes.

Oh, and it's AND-HAIR-A. I'm starting to think it's a joke to misspell his username...did I miss something?

pkt-zer0

Scholar
Special_Can said:
Oh, and it's AND-HAIR-A. I'm starting to think it's a joke to misspell his username...did I miss something?

What you're missing is that it's Andharia who mispelled his own username.

Special_Can said:
I don't see the problem with Andhaira's constant spamming. It's not very irritating and when people take it seriously, it sometimes leads to an interesting discussion. It's the codex making it worse then it is. When they decide a topic sucks before even giving it a chance and start spamming it with random pictures and attacks on Andhaira and how stupid he is, that's when it gets to be a bad thing. Thanks for proving how smart you are, come again when Andhaira starts his new topic in 10 minutes.

I don't really care about Ass-hair-a/Andiarhhea, myself. Personally I still think it's a clever alt as it seems to know more than it's letting on.

I think what bugs others is the inconsideration and thoughtlessness of its posts. Doing a little searching would answer some of its questions. Thinking and fleshing out ideas a bit more would lead to more constructive/deeper discussion. Seeing "What's the top 10 x" or "What's the best X" or "Why is X-2 better than X" posts is reminiscent of the juvenile shit that goes on the Gamestop/Gamefaqs forums. Since it's topics are so shallow, people assume it's just being annoying/spamming for the sake of it and so they spam in turn for the lulz.

But whatever.

Special_Can

Scholar
Are we referring to Andhaira as not a "he' but an "it" now?

I see what you mean, but don't we all create stupid topics like that every once in awhile? I guess the problem is Andhaira does it in mass, so it's much more noticeable. I think he will calm down soon enough, just like Volourn and Kingcomrade. He's just an overly excited fellow is all I think it is. If this goes on for the next year, and we are still dealing with the topic of whether he should be banned or not, then we might have a problem.

I just don't see it as a problem yet.

Aditya

Educated
What Special_can said.

Also, factually, 'Andhaira' in Hindi* language means 'Darkness'.

*Hindi is India's national language.

Wyrmlord

Arcane
Not just in Hindi, but in Urdu, and probably also Arabic and Persian. But those languages share alot of common words anyway, like Dunia, meaning world, and Shaitan, meaning evil.

But yeah, it has to be "darkness", especially since Andhaira is Pakistani.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom