Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Can anyone ACTUALLY fix GRPG Discussion?

DramaticPopcorn

The threads by obisidishills/biowareshills/cdprojectshills and other shills have spilt into the general sub-forum and it's actually horrible. Would you guys be so kind as to fix your shit? Kthx

Bumvelcrow

Somewhat interesting
Patron
Dumbfuck
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Strap Yourselves In
The threads by obisidishills/biowareshills/cdprojectshills and other shills have spilt into the general sub-forum and it's actually horrible. Would you guys be so kind as to fix your shit? Kthx

It was aggravating when all the threads disappeared into separate forums, forcing me to click an extra button. This is better - occasionally I want to see how hilarious the new Mass Effect game is going to be without being exposed to other Bioware emissions.

DramaticPopcorn

It was aggravating when all the threads disappeared into separate forums, forcing me to click an extra button. This is better - occasionally I want to see how hilarious the new Mass Effect game is going to be without being exposed to other Bioware emissions.
2012 NEWFAGS ARE RUINING CODEX, THIS IS NOT OKAY

agris

Arcane
Patron
Keep in mind you can ignore threads and entire forums.
So if I ignore an entire subforum, will that subforum's threads get filtered out of the GRPG display? Time to check.

edit: nope, doesn't work. That seems like an obvious benefit of ignoring a forum, since the board now lets all the subs bleed through into the non-sub version.

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
So if I ignore an entire subforum, will that subforum's threads get filtered out of the GRPG display? Time to check.

I *believe* that is what should happen. Let us know what happens. :salute:
It doesn't work, unfortunately. Who should we bother about this?

Do one more thing (I'm just curious) try ignoring a thread that shows up in GRPGD, and then see if that show up?

It could be that only specific ignored threads work (or possibly not).

agris

Arcane
Patron

I *believe* that is what should happen. Let us know what happens. :salute:
It doesn't work, unfortunately. Who should we bother about this?

Do one more thing (I'm just curious) try ignoring a thread that shows up in GRPGD, and then see if that show up?

It could be that only specific ignored threads work (or possibly not).
Yes, that works. If I ignore the POE2 thread from within the OE subforum, it doesn't show up in GRPG. I still think if I ignore the OE subforum, all the threads in GRPG from that subforum should be ignored. That's the most flexible way to present the threads. The subforum migration back into GRPG wouldn't be a problem if the ignore forum feature worked that way.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Remember when we had only one RPG board with no subforums and the honest interest of the community is what decided thread visibility?

I wasn't particularly fond of how certain moderators would move threads into general gaming because they didn't like the games being discussed and felt that RPG was some sort of label of quality.

The subforums put a nice permanent rest to this issue.

Lhynn

Arcane
I wasn't particularly fond of how certain moderators would move threads into general gaming because they didn't like the games being discussed and felt that RPG was some sort of label of lack of quality.
Fixed it.
Anyway, it has nothing to do with quality, its just that we are here to discuss rpgs and some games are so fucking not that they dont belong there.

The subforums put a nice permanent rest to this issue.
The subforums cleaned the general forum, now all the garbage is pouring into it again. I dont know whose idea was it but it cut down my time there significatly since it happened, its pure shit and needs to go back to what it was, containment areas for talentless hacks and a sacred temple for all things Vogel.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom