Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Can't stay logged in

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
So for a few days now I can't stay logged in Codex. It started when I couldn't log in at all a few days ago, then the next day I finally could but leaving and coming back in a few hours always get's me booted out and I have to log in again despite the "stay logged in" box being checked.

I don't see any threads about that so is it just me? I've been here for over 4 years and I've never seen anything like that.

King Crispy

Too bad I have no queen.
Patron
Staff Member
Strap Yourselves In
If you happen to be running Windows 10 this is actually a fairly common problem. Once it starts it happens intermittently across all sites with passwords and all browsers.

I've read that creating a new Windows user account might solve it, as does a fresh installation of the o/s.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
If you happen to be running Windows 10 this is actually a fairly common problem. Once it starts it happens intermittently across all sites with passwords and all browsers.

I've read that creating a new Windows user account might solve it, as does a fresh installation of the o/s.

I bought a new SSD so my W10 installation is a week old. I'm not seeing the same problem anywhere else. Whatever.

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
Yeah was wondering that too. Also maybe try deleting all your codex cookies? One of them might just be corrupted.

Weasel
Best long-term solution for browsing the Codex is to buy a cheap second notebook.

Then use that for all your other activities and keep your main box for the Dex only.

octavius

Arcane
Patron
I had the same problem a while back (even made a thread about it). Deleting cookies solved the problem.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom