Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Carmageddon: Reincarnation

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
tldr:
1409787810_1380334795_fceinme20130927-17452-rps4a7.gif

Going senile, bro? You posted that back in May. It's directly above you.

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy
If I were to hazard a guess? Astral Rag is up, but not awake yet.

"You're gonna need a bigger brew" kinda thing.

Astral Rag

Arcane
It's not unlikely that I am going senile what with all these shitty games I keep reading about for some reason. But I guess the point I was trying to make is that Stainless was full of shit, they haven't released a single patch since they posted that thread and AFAIK they're no longer communicating with CR players. They're probably working on porting CR to console land where they won't have to deal with complaints about sub-par performance.

Last edited:

Animal

Savant
Shitposter
This game manages to run like shit, while looking like shit! :retarded:

The cars handle worse than they did in any of the other Carma titles! :retarded:

:0-13:

DDZ

Red blood, white skin, blue collar
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
Me.

I finished it when it was in beta and had a blast, a lot of the criticism is valid (performance, slow on fixing issues)

But complaining about the handling? Go back to playing Need for Speed. This is Carmageddon, cars being hard to control was something the series always did. And with this instalment it only does it better, the reason some the cars are even harder to control now all makes sense when you look at the car. It's all part of the fun and mayhem.

Animal

Savant
Shitposter
It could be because the game runs like shit, but the cars in the older games feel more responsive.

It did nothing for me, even though I forced myself to play for a bit.

But if you liked it cool. I wish I had liked it too.

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
This is Carmageddon, cars being hard to control was something the series always did

I think this is because Stainless are shit coders back then and right now. The shitty perfomance just proves this, and they couldn't make a proper driving model back then and they cannot now. Carmaggedon was a fun game, but the cars drove like trucks and not like race cars.

adddeed

Arcane
Possibly Retarded
^ That's what i said previously as well and everyone got offended. TDR2000 is the only game where you could actually race the car and where they didnt drive like tanks.

Actually in most respects TDR > Carma 1 and 2. But the losers at Stainless and their fanboys like to ignore it even exists for some reason. Hope Raincarnation fails miserably and puts these shmucks out of business.

Perkel

Arcane
Since when Carmageddon was about racing ?
shitty driving model is part of the fun

unless you are trying to convince me that cars like hot rod are not done on purpose ?

In carmagedon 2 if you wanted to turn you had to slow down A LOT with some cars like hot rod to almost standstill. Which meant that whoever was behind you would smash into you thus more fun.
In TDR you could run away simply and never see any car for whole race.

There is other series that is doing things like carmagedon and it is called Twisted metal and it is waaaay less fun than carma precisely because you can perfectly handle car.

Whole point of driving model is to make people retards in what they do and scale back their racing skill so that AI can smash into you if you want to actually race.

And seriously fuck TDR. They scaled back their awesome damage model in C2 level design and driving model made game into race instead of smash things up ocasionally winning race.

Paul_cz

Arcane
So I tried multiplayer with a friend and no matter who hosted we could not even connect to each other.

Also 60fps is hard to get even on 970

Fuck this game. I kickstarted it, was looking forward to it, but apparently they just ain't got it anymore.

Have these guys even worked on any games since Carma II until this one? If they haven't, it would explain the amazing technical competence on display here. Perhaps they need to hire people that are more in tune with modern game programming.

Last edited:

DDZ

Red blood, white skin, blue collar
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
I think they should hire J.E. Sawyer to fix the driving model and make everything balanced and boring, to please the idiots on the previous page.

adddeed

Arcane
Possibly Retarded
Or maybe they shoulnt just copy a game from two decades ago and do something fresh instead. Bunch of amateurs.

adddeed

Arcane
Possibly Retarded
Rather have a failed innovative game than this failed copy of Carma 1.

agris

Arcane
Patron
In true carma 1 fashion it'll run smooth on new hardware 3 years from now and there will be a command line argument that enables hardware acceleration. :M

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy
Carma series always ran like shit. Nothing has changed

This. I even pointed this out when I spotted a '97 review of Carma1, they complained that it ran like rubbish. Carma2 ran better though.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom