Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Carmageddon: Reincarnation

Installed Max Damage just now, played through the first map. Performance is definitely improved. Used to get 30-50 fps on Medium settings in Reincarnation. Now with same PC I play almost maxed, motion blur/dof off and car reflections lowered to "high" at 50-60 fps. Loading times seem to be improved too. There seems to be more varied peds now, I certainly don't remember peds on bicycles being in Reincarnation. Overall not groundbreaking changes but enough to please me. Looking forward to playing the shit out of this.

Last edited:

toroid

Arcane
How's the damage cost to repair/access to cash now?

In Reinc I found myself getting damaged to oblivion for the most minor bumps and having to go out killing like 50 peds to repair myself.

It's better, and way more consistent. In Reincarnation it was just as easy to blow all of your money on repairs as it was to win a lot of money. In Max Damage I have ended all of my races with between 35k and 110k moneys. In fact, it's a little too easy now. Time will tell if the bigger opponents encountered further into the game change this. Playing on normal difficulty in early game might just be very generous with the exchange of damage between your car and the opponents.

Astral Rag

Arcane
+ it does run a lot better now, my i7 920 + 960 can run the game on max settings, I'm getting 50-60 fps on the first city map, the "hitching" at the start of races is gone too
+ loading times are much shorter
+ the overall image seems grittier/ darker
+ new locations, new cars
+ greater ped variety, the bikes and wheelchairs are nice additions
+ improved gore system, peds no longer explode when you hit them at 60mph

- there is a now a low res cockpit view but it's p useless thanks to the extremely dark windshield
- lower LOD distance of vehicles and somewhat shorter draw distance, these can probably be improved by tweaking some config file
- AI is still piss-poor. Carma 2's AI was more advanced
- multiplayer is still devoid of peds and AI drivers which makes it useless in my book
- lulzy dancing stars above stunned opponents

All in all a really good update. Max Damage still looks like it was released about a decade too late, even on max settings, but at least it runs at a playable framerate now. I never had any issues with the general gameplay or controls.

Last edited:

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy
I'm playing Max Damage these days, and they almost have the classic feel in a modern-day package.

Almost.

Due to a combination of unoptimized code and my seemingly crappy graphics card, I can only play the game for about 15 minutes before my card overheats...and I have all settings at lowest.

Suicidal

Arcane
It definitely runs much better than Reincarnation but every time I finish a mission or go into the garage the game freezes for me. Apparently this is a common issue for certain PC types so need to wait for them to patch it I guess. Feelsbadman

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom