Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Carmageddon: Reincarnation

DragoFireheart

all caps, rainbow colors, SOMETHING.
Can we just toss this thread into an incinerator (GD) and try again?
Try again to do what exactly? The thread would turn out the same way no matter how many times you started over, because the people remain the same. So unless you mean trying again with the forums... ;)

What can change the nature of a forum?

Destroid

Arcane
Guess how Niggers calls themself Black Cat:

Dude, I am translating. In the places I live people does speak Korean, Italian, or Spanish.

Here where I am now, and at least in the context I move, to be the equivalent of a 'negro' is basically to be an uneducated, dirty, uncultured, gross, vulgar piece of shit. To make it even better, to have 'alma de negro' (a nigger's soul) is to basically act like something that's less than an animal: To have no grace, to have no dignity, to have no class, to have no education, to have no culture, etc. Basically if one of my male friends does something really primitive or vulgar or slum-like (anything from picking their nose to stealing some shit to sleeping in a park to whatever) the line would be: 'Don't be a nigger, dude. That's so not cool.' And if someone is really vulgar, dirty, lacking in manner and in dignity: 'Did you see that dude, Vii?

Amusingly it is just an informal way of speaking that's pretty much accepted. Everyone, even those who believe it is incredibly racist and awful, do slip and use it from time to time. And that's the defense of many who do use it: They don't really meant it as an insult and they do have nothing against 'negros', it's just a manner of speech. And that's the amusing part: Racism (though in this case it is more as classism as everyone who does live in the 'slums' qualifies as a 'negro' regardless of color of skin, but that's another story) is implicit. The very fact that such a manner of speech did become codified in the first place does mean nothing but that the cultural context IS racist/classist.

But even here 'negros' have started to use it as a banner of sorts and to identify the very things we do mean by 'negro' (being a dirty, smelly, classless, crass, socially and mentally deficient pieces of shit who have no purpose beyond giving the police an excuse to crack down and get more hardline) as 'badges of honor.' There is nothing more, uhm, quaint than to see a subhuman piece of crap fully embrace the connotations of a term that both defines subhuman pieces of crap and their 'group.' So I guess, uhm... Negros gonna Nigger no matter where you are.

Edit: Or maybe the terms did become codified because they are unable to be anything but that. :? Where does the line between 'racism' and 'pattern recognition' stand?

Tales of privilege from 3rd worldia. I'm guessing upward mobility in Argentina is pretty limited.

wergle

Educated
Or maybe they are using colloquial speech like normal fucking people and aren't trying to cater to your whiny bullshit

Ehm... The entire point is that slurs being part of colloquial speech is precisely the reason they are whining.
Yeah, but there's a difference between someone saying something stupid and someone being a closeted white supremacist homophobe, no? See: Roguey's initial post. Roguey is probably also trolling, though.

edit: holy shit wow this thread is dumb. What's with all this shit lately? Codex was bad but nowhere near this bad back in 2007

Cassidy

Arcane
Obsession over political correctness in fucking videogames while there are countries where women have acid thrown in their faces and faggots are hanged was nowhere near this bad back in 2007.

These people are a bunch of mindless zombies and cowards. They are wasting oxygen from this planet with their mouthbreathing.

If they really fought for gay and women's rights, or for a real cause, they'd have to risk their lives. No, it's easier to be such a worthless hipster cretin bitching about vulgar language in a game centered on running over pedestrians as a psycho.

And one more thing:

FUCK JOSH SAWYER'S GAY OPINIONS

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Of course they do. Your side is the side that uses misogyny, homophobia, racism and so on as "complete non-criticisms, just snide dismissals".
Those actually are criticisms. Keep wallowing in your own filth.
Which obviously means they're racist. They should put up jobs descriptions targeted at blacks ASAP.
Yes and what a ridiculous suggestion.

Turisas

Arch Devil
Patron
I hope the devs put all possible minorities as peds to be run over into the game just to piss everyone over.

warmonger3

Scholar
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
I'm excited about this game, I don't care who makes it though it is preferable to me that it be the original devs..
Everybody dies, gay or straight, black or white, fuck 'em all.
As long as its Carmageddon and not some shitty half assed remake. I'm not convinced they can do it but I shall see.

dnf

Pedophile
Dumbfuck Shitposter
Of course they do. Your side is the side that uses misogyny, homophobia, racism and so on as "complete non-criticisms, just snide dismissals".
Those actually are criticisms. Keep wallowing in your own filth.
Which obviously means they're racist. They should put up jobs descriptions targeted at blacks ASAP.
Like i said(quoted) in the previous page, progressives own the word "hipocrisy", "racism", "misoginy"(so you can't acuse a progressive of misandry for example) and "homophobe". So while accusations of hipocrisy or misoginy can hold the same value as accusations of political correctness, the double standard will prevent progressives from getting the point. That's why i advocate for people to stop arguing with progressives and meet conservative policies by force rather than reason. Islam is doing pretty well in this regard, while the institutions that adopt progressive values will get swallowed in derp the more leftards bitches.

FeelTheRads

Arcane
Those actually are criticisms.

Not when you use them for anyone who disagrees with you. And that's what you do. You don't want homosexuals shoehorned into everything just for "incloooosiveness"? Or you dare use "gay" as a slur? You're a homophobe. THAT is simply a snide dismissal. But yeah, keep thinking you have the high ground. Fucking bigots.

They have only whites working there so it means they're racist. You sure are all correct and stuff.

Psquit

Arcane
Guess how Niggers calls themself Black Cat:

Dude, I am translating. In the places I live people does speak Korean, Italian, or Spanish.

Here where I am now, and at least in the context I move, to be the equivalent of a 'negro' is basically to be an uneducated, dirty, uncultured, gross, vulgar piece of shit. To make it even better, to have 'alma de negro' (a nigger's soul) is to basically act like something that's less than an animal: To have no grace, to have no dignity, to have no class, to have no education, to have no culture, etc. Basically if one of my male friends does something really primitive or vulgar or slum-like (anything from picking their nose to stealing some shit to sleeping in a park to whatever) the line would be: 'Don't be a nigger, dude. That's so not cool.' And if someone is really vulgar, dirty, lacking in manner and in dignity: 'Did you see that dude, Vii?

Amusingly it is just an informal way of speaking that's pretty much accepted. Everyone, even those who believe it is incredibly racist and awful, do slip and use it from time to time. And that's the defense of many who do use it: They don't really meant it as an insult and they do have nothing against 'negros', it's just a manner of speech. And that's the amusing part: Racism (though in this case it is more as classism as everyone who does live in the 'slums' qualifies as a 'negro' regardless of color of skin, but that's another story) is implicit. The very fact that such a manner of speech did become codified in the first place does mean nothing but that the cultural context IS racist/classist.

But even here 'negros' have started to use it as a banner of sorts and to identify the very things we do mean by 'negro' (being a dirty, smelly, classless, crass, socially and mentally deficient pieces of shit who have no purpose beyond giving the police an excuse to crack down and get more hardline) as 'badges of honor.' There is nothing more, uhm, quaint than to see a subhuman piece of crap fully embrace the connotations of a term that both defines subhuman pieces of crap and their 'group.' So I guess, uhm... Negros gonna Nigger no matter where you are.

Edit: Or maybe the terms did become codified because they are unable to be anything but that. :? Where does the line between 'racism' and 'pattern recognition' stand?

Villa miseria + negro = negro villero. The typical argentinian taboo. "Negro" the word is equal to be an Uneducated, uncultured swine, etc. We use it because is part of our culture.

Cassidy

Arcane
Censorship and taking videogames way too seriously has nothing to do with being progressive. It has everything to do with being an imbecile incapable of independent and rational thought.

Stop usurping this word undeservers of being called progressives!

Such word should be reserved for those who put real work, effort and/or risk to bring great scientific, social, artistic, economic or political advances that improve and make the lives of most more fortunate, rather than for a bunch of easily offended losers obsessed over every media for any hint of "offensive" content. Mankind will not remember such morons as "progressives". Alas, mankind will not remember them at all, and neither will their deeds bring any real progress to the world, but only serve as the laughing stock for those who have enough independent thought and brains to see how stupid such inanity is.

Those who for example stood for workers and by extension women's rights in the past, when doing so brought them the risk of getting shot. They were real progressives, not these castrati manginas who would be sucking the Establishment cock gladly if the establishment was still singing their past misogynist and homophobe song today.

Censorship and taking videogames way too seriously has nothing to do with being progressive. It has everything to do with being an imbecile incapable of independent and rational thought.

Such word should be reserved for those who put real work, effort and/or risk to bring great scientific, social, artistic, economic or political advances that improve and make the lives of most more fortunate, rather than for a bunch of easily offended losers obsessed over every media for any hint of "offensive" content. Mankind will not remember such morons as "progressives". Alas, mankind will not remember them at all, and neither will their deeds bring any real progress to the world, but only serve as the laughing stock for those who have enough independent thought and brains to see how stupid such inanity is.

Those who for example stood for workers and by extension women's rights in the past, when doing so brought them the risk of getting shot. They were real progressives, not these castrati manginas who would be sucking the Establishment cock gladly if the establishment was still singing their past misogynist and homophobe song today.

:bravo:

I think you've hit on the core of what bothers me about today's internet social crusader. There's this ceaseless wailing about this untold harm caused by this terrible bigotry and sexism and privilege in video games and comic books!. This terrible injustice is always drummed up to make equal social respresentation in video games and comic books the most important social agenda of our time, you'd think it was this generation's civil rights movement. It's absurd. An endkess sea of pantywaists and fedoras, pouring a virulent shitstream of estrogen on the bigots and misogynists from the highest crest of their imagined high ground. I am a non-gendered cis-lesbian half-kistune minority and I won't stop making page-long forum posts until the world stops using gendered insults or Ms. Marvel covers up! Someone in a suit made a rape joke at a thing! This is the shit that makes you feel like you're making a difference? It's a fucking embarassment. I think the reason people go on about how important it is is because deep down they have to know the frivolity of it.

Don't get me wrong... I'm no better, and if mankind's forefathers who crossed the Bering Strait could see me entering useless numbers into pointless spreadsheets, hunched over a keyboard in my office job they would weep no less for the future than if they read anything Patricia Kotaku has written. But I don't stand from a tower thinking that my opinions represent the highest ideals of equality and benevolence or that the whole of mankind could benefit if only I could make them see. I realize that If you threw me 500 years in the past I would probably be dead before night's end.

SearchEngine

Learned
It's apparently not possible to criticize 1st world annoyances yet still actually help out society and 3rd world countries outside the internet.

corvus

Arcane

I agree with the spirit of your post, but progressives are still horrible creatures.

I can't seem to recall any suffragettes that faced high-powered water hoses, attack dogs, good ol' fashioned police beat downs and other assorted reactionary violence. Women in Western countries demanded more freedoms and got them.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
You don't want homosexuals shoehorned into everything just for "incloooosiveness"? Or you dare use "gay" as a slur? You're a homophobe.
Yup.

They have only whites working there so it means they're racist. You sure are all correct and stuff.
Everyone's prejudiced. Working/living in a practically homogenous environment is pretty much a guarantee of prejudices against persons-or-things-not-like-them.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Roguey Which group of white people are more tolerant and liberal? White people from Mississippi (60% white), or white people from Vermont (95% white)?

dnf

Pedophile
Dumbfuck Shitposter

I agree with the spirit of your post, but progressives are still horrible creatures.

I can't seem to recall any suffragettes that faced high-powered water hoses, attack dogs, good ol' fashioned police beat downs and other assorted reactionary violence. Women in Western countries demanded more freedoms and got them.
I may recall some women got fucked trying to bring better work conditions for them.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom