Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Cyberpunk 2077 Pre-Release Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Kem0sabe

Arcane
Witcher 3 has better writing and quest design than any game obsidian has ever done or will do.

I'm expecting Cyberpunk to maintain that level.

Shadenuat

Arcane
Quest design meh, Witcher 1 arguably had some better quests - at least you had to study monsters and such. W3 is just follow blood or choose between some stuff. Vegas had more complicated world states.
Writing was good though, and judging by last Obsidian games, Project is now your AAA romance master.

Rahdulan

Omnibus
Patron
Arabic censorship of "God" and the interviewer immediately folds by saying naturally. Cuck alert. Good interview otherwise, though. Those two localization leads are great even.

Beowulf

Arcane
In 2077 California, I'd find it strange if somebody didn't speak Spanish.

Story time.
During my stay across the pond, I visited NY.
I went to a grocery shop, and wanted to buy some eggs.
I tried my best not to butcher the pronunciation, and asked the clerk where is the aisle with the eggs.
" - No hablo inglés, Señor" - Was the reply I got.

I started to learn Spanish the very next year.

Glaucon

Prophet
The Witcher is their Dragon Age, this is their Mass Effect. They, like Spiders, are Bioware done right.

I never liked Ciri and dont get why people are so hysteric about her.

I actually kinda liked Sapkowski's work until she showed up.
I always preferred the short stories to the novels. What's best in Sapkowski is his sense of humor and competence in the whole range of shlocky genre ficiton. That shines best in the short story format, imo. In a way, the Witcher novels/stories are closer to satirical works like Ringworld than, say, the Lord of the Rings.

I think I watched this Badowski guy in the Making of Witcher 3 videos, where he was talking about the writing. If it's the same guy, then he is a better writer than Sapkowski will ever be, Obsidian needn't even apply for a contest.

Come on. The Witcher 3 is not as well written as Sapkowski's works.

Self-Ejected

theSavant

Self-Ejected
Recent gamestar information says, that player can only move by foot, motorbike, car. Flying cars exist (as most people would expect in a cyberpunk setting), but cannot be controlled by the player. Will probably come as costly DLC. Enjoy.

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Recent gamestar information says, that player can only move by foot, motorbike, car. Flying cars do exist (as most people would expect in a cyberpunk setting), but cannot be controlled by the player. Will probably come as costly DLC. Enjoy.
Jeez, no cycling?

Self-Ejected

theSavant

Self-Ejected
I guess no.

Here is the article (german language) I got the information from https://www.gamestar.de/artikel/cyb...s-wir-ueber-die-spielwelt-wissen,3331666.html (pretty much on the bottom of the article).

Ok, they didn't say that flying cars exist, but only "flying vehicles exist, but cannot be controlled by the player". Still disappointing, because that was one thing I expected from a cyberworld. Funny thing is also that they claim "verticality plays a major role"... okay... but the player has no option to act or fly anything in verticality? Meh... Something just doesn't add up.

"B..but we promise you... we have skyscrapers! They are biiiiig. Biiiiiig and vertical..."... what you don't say, Sherlock...

Dodo1610

Arcane
CDR doesn't let us drive flying cars, because they know we will just use them for crashes. Or make sure we don't go to places whre we are not supposed to.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Recent gamestar information says, that player can only move by foot, motorbike, car. Flying cars exist (as most people would expect in a cyberpunk setting), but cannot be controlled by the player. Will probably come as costly DLC. Enjoy.
This isn't really new info if you read between the lines while watching the E3 interviews. Flying cars will probably only be featured in scripted cutscenes.

Strange Fellow

Peculiar
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Ok, they didn't say that flying cars exist, but only "flying vehicles exist, but cannot be controlled by the player". Still disappointing, because that was one thing I expected from a cyberworld. Funny thing is also that they claim "verticality plays a major role"... okay... but the player has no option to act or fly anything in verticality? Meh... Something just doesn't add up.

"B..but we promise you... we have skyscrapers! They are biiiiig. Biiiiiig and vertical..."... what you don't say, Sherlock...
See that skyscraper? You can climb it

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

But you gotta have enough stamina to climb the stairs.

Strange Fellow

Peculiar
Patron

Put all level ups into stamina to climb to the highest floor without collapsing. C&C, baby!

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron

Put all level ups into stamina to climb to the highest floor without collapsing. C&C, baby!
Then you get stuck at the top because you didn't invest enough in intelligence to open a door.

I always preferred the short stories to the novels. What's best in Sapkowski is his sense of humor and competence in the whole range of shlocky genre ficiton. That shines best in the short story format, imo. In a way, the Witcher novels/stories are closer to satirical works like Ringworld than, say, the Lord of the Rings.

I think it was A Grain of Truth that I enjoyed the most. It was simple, had a handful of characters and felt like an actual adventure of a Slavic monster hunter. I could imagine my grandmother telling me a tale like that. And that's basically all I need from The Witcher. Not a fistfight with the second law of thermodynamics.

After Nivellen everything got bigger and bigger only to end up with Mary Sue traveling through the multiverse and eventually punching entropy in the face.

alexandre-mokhov-nivellen-fenne-2000x2828-va2-with-copyright.jpg

Strange Fellow

Peculiar
Patron
Then you get stuck at the top because you didn't invest enough in intelligence to open a door.
Degenerate metagaming-encouraging systems and forced replayability, in my CDPR game? I'm trying my hardest to get excited about the game, man, quit harshing my mellow :|

Aim1ess

Novice
I guess no.

Here is the article (german language) I got the information from https://www.gamestar.de/artikel/cyb...s-wir-ueber-die-spielwelt-wissen,3331666.html (pretty much on the bottom of the article).

The verticality will probably be similar to skyscrapers in Fallout 4; they're basically just dungeons that go up instead of down and you can look off the sides. Maybe you have some sniper elements or something where windows can be dangerous/utilized, but it doesn't sound like its gonna be spider man.

Quillon

Arcane
https://www.cyberpunk.net/en/news/21536/cyberpunk-2077-e3-2018-trailer-frame-by-frame-ep05

Cyberpunk 2077 E3 2018 Trailer Frame by Frame EP05
vlcsnap-2018-07-02-16h33m40s218.png

In a society without any respect for privacy, people are desperate to create their own private bubble. Braindance is our version of the iconic cyberpunk concept of mirror shades. People use it to cover their eyes, hide their face and create an illusion of privacy, so you can never truly tell if you’re keeping an eye contact with those you’re conversing with.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom