Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Cyberpunk 2077 Pre-Re-Announcement Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

Rahdulan

Omnibus
Patron
Come on, you can guess well enough it's probably going to be a FPS RPG hybrid of some kind. Maybe TPS if we get lucky.

Machocruz

Arcane
I'll be shocked if you even get a party in this game. More likely you'll only get to play as John "Viper" Gerald, Solo. Carries one assault rifle for organic enemies, one for synthetics. Crafts a wide variety of pharmaceuticals to enhance his abilities.

m_s0

Arcane
Come on, you can guess well enough it's probably going to be a FPS RPG hybrid of some kind. Maybe TPS if we get lucky.
FPS seems less likely considering sandboxy-ish TPP cover shooters with stealth elements, crafting etc seem to be the default template for games these days. Easier to get away with crappy combat that way, too.

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
According to CDP, this won't come out before 2017, maybe even later.

HF waiting.

ghostdog

Arcane
Patron
This is definitely going to be an OTS/FPS semi-open world action adventure with rpg elements. I wouldn't worry about them missing the key points of the cyberpunk genre, as they're actively working with the guy that created the Cyberpunk2020 rpg and they've proven to be competent writers.

I'd be happy if they took their inspiration from Deus Ex and System Shock instead of the Witcher though.

Perkel

Arcane

HF waiting.

Looks like their idea of two separate teams fell apart when finishing TW3.

Or maybe they changed initial plans from doing actual Cyberpunk game into basiacally next the witcher like game without cyberpunk rules with set protagonist and so on.

Strike iron when its hot and all of that...

WhiskeyWolf

RPG Codex Polish Car Thief
Staff Member

HF waiting.

Or maybe they changed initial plans from doing actual Cyberpunk game into basiacally next the witcher like game without cyberpunk rules with set protagonist and so on.

Don't remember where but I read about them admitting that most of the Cyberpunk team was shuffled back to helping finishing TW3, with only a skeleton crew remaining on the project.

Perkel

Arcane

HF waiting.

Don't remember where but I read about them admitting that most of the Cyberpunk team was shuffled back to helping finishing TW3, with only a skeleton crew remaining on the project.

This is also what i read somewhere. Also game before slip was supposed to be in almost year crunch.
At least it probably had something to do with OST being so good as artist had more time to work on score.

Trash

Pointing and laughing.
Seeing as how the Witcher 3 is selling like hot cakes (600% more sales right now than Witcher 2) they should have enough cash to develop this one to the finishing line. Not to mention that they'll now be able to shift their team mostly back to it. Expect a lot of hype now that this last Witcher is such a success and their first reveals somewhere this summer.

Durandal

Arcane
My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
I do hope you can cause some kind of nuclear holocaust in Cyberpunk 2077.

Because then the world will be engulfed in nuclear flames in the year of 2077.
The same year when The Great War starts in the Fallout series.
I know Cyberpunk and Fallout don't have anything in common, but it'd be pretty funny if you could pull it off somehow.

undecaf

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2

Most likely. They already admitted in some early interview that they want "actiony" combat and are doing their best to make skills affect combat as little as possible. (Although they also showed some board where a "tactical mode" was mentioned... cue in Max Payne slowmo or a Bethesdian VATS system).

That was quite some time ago, though, so things might've and might still change one way or another, but with that framework and looking at Witcher 3 I doubt there'll be anything special at offer regarding that; despite them having a readymade rulesystem to use.

GrainWetski

Arcane
Why would anyone want a consoletrash dev to make a game with guns? It'll be complete and utter shit.

Darkzone

Arcane
Hmm. I think that we could see CP77 in mid 2017. More interesting for me are the sale numbers of The Witcher 3, because i have predicted at least between 12-15 mio sold copies, and everybody has declared me as not quite sane.
But back to CP77: Multiplayer / Co op modus makes me a little skeptical about it. On the other hand, i will be optimistic, because The Witcher 3 sales gives them more resources for experiments and Mike is invited to poland on a regular basis several times in a year.

AetherVagrant

Arbiter
Patron
Id love to see a CDP:R scifi game. Deus Ex with *real* human evolution, Mass Effect with *real* consequence to choice, and a story with *real* literary merits.
oh yeah make it like shadowrun too.
I got tired of zombies/vampires/elffags in a few years, but cyberpunk just keeps enduring.

with all that realizm maybe i should just wear my leather duster and shades and go *bleepy-bloop* over by the atm machine.

Forest Dweller

Smoking Dicks
Working on The Witcher 3 for two more years? How many goddamn enhanced editions are there going to be?

zwanzig_zwoelf

I don't know what they have in mind for the game, but I'd love the following:

1. Story on par with Deus Ex (1), except more additional routes and possible consequences to your actions. If only the option to stay with UNATCO was left in original DX, eh.
2. Level sizes on par with HR hubs/E.Y.E levels, but with detail and possibilities of DX1.
3. I'm ready to accept an FPS/RPG hybrid, as long as it's not some popamole garbage.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom