Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Cyberpunk 2077 Pre-Re-Announcement Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

Gerrard

Arcane
For example, the Cyberpunk® 2020 “Wardrobe & Style” skill governs the knowledge about the right clothes to wear, when to wear them and how to look cool even in a spacesuit. As you can see, this skill covers quite a big area of lore and can be interpreted differently, depending on the situation and the players. In Cyberpunk 2077 this skill has to be tied to a specific gameplay mechanic. (...) And, to accommodate your curiosity, yes, we have some really cool ideas on how to present aforementioned skill in the game. Regrettably, we’re not quite yet ready to spill the beans

:takemyjewgold:
Morrowind already had that mechanic.

:negative:

The Great Deceiver

Trickster
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
I can finally roleplay as a hobo.

tumblr_o78xs4hHQj1rl195mo1_1280.jpg

Electronic old men and their flexibility?

agris

Arcane
Patron
Naturally TW3 happened and i have no doubt they will do witcher with guns rather than PnP conversion.

Based on other posts in this thread, it sounds like they're going for sci-fi RPG grand theft auto. A big open city to explore with cars, draped with characters and combat governed by RPG-like mechanics. Never played the Dishonored or Asscreed series, but they did popamole versions of that minus the sci-fi I think?

WhiteGuts

Arcane
Dishonored and AssCreed are very different from each other, and also quite different from GTA. All of them are completely devoid of actual rpg mechanics.

Also I don't think they're doing TW with guns, if only because CP2077 will have an actual character customization, that alone puts it in a completely different ballpark. I think they're going for a bigger/better Deus Ex : bigger areas/hubs, more quests, more everything.

Perkel

Arcane
if only because CP2077 will have an actual character customization, that alone puts it in a completely different ballpark.

That info is from same period where rest of info about PnP to game conversion came from.
At this point we don't even know if there will be character creator.

Like i said TW3 is currently standing in main press as GOTY of all times winning the most % ratio and the most amount of GOTY awards from all games (beating half life 2, Last of Us and gta games etc.) and they sold about 10mln coppies and build renown, fanbase and business to sell another 10 or 20mln coppies of their next game.

Why should they change their MO and venture into unknown ?

They could build another TW3 with guns with set protagonist and again reap rewards.

Part of me wants TW3 with guns in CB2077 word because i fucking love questing in TW3 but huge part of me wants proper CB2077 conversion.

agris

Arcane
Patron
Part of me wants TW3 with guns in CB2077 word because i fucking love questing in TW3 but huge part of me wants proper CB2077 conversion.

Haven't played TW3, but doesn't the gameplay involve traveling large distances through fantasy wildnerness to reach population clusters? Isn't CP2077 taking place in a large metro area?

Perkel

Arcane

Haven't played TW3, but doesn't the gameplay involve traveling large distances through fantasy wildnerness to reach population clusters? Isn't CP2077 taking place in a large metro area?

I don't think open world has anything to do with questing. I mean they could close down TW3 world to levels and still questing would be awesome.

I think for CB2077 they won't go into complete open world but like TW3 they will divide map into various places (akin to Bloodlines). I think getting huge map and at the same time getting it right is huuuuge challenge much harder than TW3 open world.

Grotesque

±¼ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Patron
Vatnik
Divinity: Original Sin Divinity: Original Sin 2
I think player character will have a set sex and face and the player would only customize the class and skills by playing the game.

The world would 50x the map area of Witcher 3 and it would be be "procedurally assisted" (Star Citizen ™) and by that I mean the area would have buildings and NPCs randomly generated and after that the designer would customize certain areas to fit the story arc and populate it with unique NPCs.
If this would be the case, that could explain the rumors that they had to rewrite the engine and thus the delay.

The seamless multiplayer could be that some players would inhabit this world without knowing of each other's presence and competing for opposing main story or secondary quest goals.

bminorkey

Dishonored and AssCreed are very different from each other, and also quite different from GTA. All of them are completely devoid of actual rpg mechanics.

regardless of your opinion about their quality none of these games are devoid of rpg mechanics. gta has more rpg mechanics than some actual rpgs

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Cyberpunk 2077 in September?

Over on the official Cyberpunk 2077 Reddit feed, several contributors have been pointing to this page hosted by video game retailer Komplett, where they've announced that CD Projekt RED's forthcoming role-playing title will be released on September 30th, 2017.

While anyone can slap a random date on their profile page, it's also interesting to note that they have announced that the title can be pre-ordered as of February 2nd, 2017, which seems to suggest that they have at least some official information about the game's availability. Given the length of time that has surpassed since the well-regarded team announced the game, a Fall 2017 target date really wouldn't be surprising; in fact, it would probably be expected.

In any event, if the proposed release date is even remotely accurate, we should start receiving much more information about the game starting next year.

Grotesque

±¼ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Patron
Vatnik
Divinity: Original Sin Divinity: Original Sin 2
that news reeks of bullshit.

if the game were to be out september 2017, the hype machine should have been started at least one month ago.

Kev Inkline

Arcane
Patron
A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Naturally TW3 happened and i have no doubt they will do witcher with guns rather than PnP conversion.

Based on other posts in this thread, it sounds like they're going for sci-fi RPG grand theft auto. A big open city to explore with cars, draped with characters and combat governed by RPG-like mechanics. Never played the Dishonored or Asscreed series, but they did popamole versions of that minus the sci-fi I think?
GTA-V city environment upped to night city and Desu Ex rpg mechanisms, I'd be satisfied.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom