Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Cyberpunk 2077 Pre-Re-Announcement Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

PulsatingBrain

Huge and Ever-Growing
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit. Pathfinder: Wrath
Still Gwent standalone is mistake. Gwent worked because it was minigame inside of game.

I think it depends on the strength of the story mode. If they do that aspect well then I think it will be worthwhile, but I'm not at all excited for yet another competitive card game

Personally I haven't been able to try the standalone at all since it freezes at the 'downloading cards from server' screen everytime I launch, but that's another matter

vonAchdorf

Arcane
When you look at their open jobs descriptions, it's hard to pinpoint the current state of the development. They say they want to double or triple their workforce in Krakow, so it's seems that they aren't in full production mode yet.

For their Lead Concept Artist job offer, they write:
Create an artistic vision for significant elements of Cyberpunk 2077 (under the direction of an Art and Design Director).

Which translates to "significant elements of CP77 don't have an artistic vision yet". In another job offer, the say
Focus on developing a superlative modelling and texturing pipeline.

so the pipeline isn't done yet.

Fry

Arcane
For some reason this springs to mind...

MOV_d0bfbdbc_b.jpg

Gerrard

Arcane
Just wanted to say it's been 4 years since they released that teaser. And the game is not any more existent now than it was then.

Grotesque

±¼ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Patron
Vatnik
Divinity: Original Sin Divinity: Original Sin 2
Just wanted to say it's been 4 years since they released that teaser. And the game is not any more existent now than it was then.

meanwhile your everyday average joe lives his live with zero fucks given if it's 4 or 8 years

Keppo

Arbiter
When you look at their open jobs descriptions, it's hard to pinpoint the current state of the development. They say they want to double or triple their workforce in Krakow, so it's seems that they aren't in full production mode yet.

For their Lead Concept Artist job offer, they write:
Create an artistic vision for significant elements of Cyberpunk 2077 (under the direction of an Art and Design Director).

Which translates to "significant elements of CP77 don't have an artistic vision yet". In another job offer, the say
Focus on developing a superlative modelling and texturing pipeline.

so the pipeline isn't done yet.

Hmmm, maybe they expanded their vision after Witcher 3 release and success and they are making some new location besides what was planned earlier. Probably Krakow will be responsible for new location from stratch thats why they are expanding Krakow team, and Warsaw is responsible for "main" area Night City and surroundings. Probably they want to make something like in Witcher 3 when u had Velen (very dark and heavy in terms of art and story), Novigrad (much warmer art wise, lighter story) and Skellige with "Viking" atmosphere. If u are playing long game, after some time u need something fresh, at the end of Velen i was tired with this heavy atmosphere and wanted something more light. I personally think that for Night City they have established art direction already.

Maybe, just maybe.

Quillon

Arcane
Hmmm, maybe they expanded their vision after Witcher 3 release and success and they are making some new location besides what was planned earlier.

Cyberpunk is just more diverse than Witcher; you can't just break it down to adding more locations, that's not what "expanding vision" means. Imagine you can play Witcher 3 with 9 different classes some of which doesn't even fight most of the time if not at all. Imagine playing with Dandilion through the whole game and the work CDPR would have needed to do to support that and there are 9 or more roles in CP, double dat with gender choice and all the different traits and skills and whatnots that a character has.

undecaf

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
Hoping for something passable, expecting to be sorely disappointed.

"Tactical mode" is probably just some sort of slow-motion VATS-esque pick your headshots thing. Can't expect them to pull off something actually tangible and heavyweight by comparison.

"Low-level quest based story" is a hopeful sign. Perhaps they're not shooting for a muh-epic-tale, but something more grounded. Then again, I remember them describing it as a rags to riches story, "an underdog rises from the gutter against evil corporations", or some such.

Those key points are old as the sun, though. Things might've changed drastically since then.

Perkel

Arcane
I wonder if concerns from the shareholders might also have contributed to this delay?

They don't have anything to do other than to listen. Kicinski and other CEO hold major stake at company and can do what the hell they want.

Eg. a while ago they mentioned they will be using TW3 money to buy out CDP shares

undecaf

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
"Tactical mode" is probably just some sort of slow-motion VATS-esque pick your headshots thing.

They really wanted to do that in Witcher 3 but couldn't pull of. So I'm pretty sure it'll be in.

Yeah, I remember reading something to that end. It makes me feel kinda bleh, that that's probably all there is to it too; just a slow motion pick your winning shots gimmick (possibly even more so than in Beth's Fallouts since Cyberpunk 2020, to my recollection, wasn't at all about HP grind, but quick and deadly skirmishes).

Gerrard

Arcane
"Tactical mode" is probably just some sort of slow-motion VATS-esque pick your headshots thing.

They really wanted to do that in Witcher 3 but couldn't pull of. So I'm pretty sure it'll be in.

Yeah, I remember reading something to that end. It makes me feel kinda bleh, that that's probably all there is to it too; just a slow motion pick your winning shots gimmick (possibly even more so than in Beth's Fallouts since Cyberpunk 2020, to my recollection, wasn't at all about HP grind, but quick and deadly skirmishes).
Except it actually makes sense in Cyberpunk if you're going to play a dude with combat implants that improve your reflexes.

Klarion

Arcane
The game was announced early 2012, meaning CDPR has been working on it at least since 2011. There's no way any profit-oriented studio would be developing a game for almost ten years, no chance. Either they didn't really work on it until a year or two ago or they're gonna release it this year, 2018 at the very max.

I guess we will know when the PR artillery starts, you know the usual articles bringing little tidbits about the game every week or so. I remember with TW3 the bombardment started around winter, the release was late spring. So it's about 3-4 months from the first shot.
It's been said here by numerous posters that they've probably scrapped the old concept, the original concept from 2011. which was all about good PnP experience on a PC and so on... Which means they probably started working from the start or something not so long ago, so forget about that "started in 2011." shit.

I agree with that Perkele dude, think they just gonna play it safe and make W3/GTA in CyberPunk Universe.

WhiteGuts

Arcane
They were always going to make "W3/GTA" in a CyberPunk universe. It was always going to be an FPS/RPG from the get go, with classes, skills and whatnot. I don't see anything that might indicate that these plans have changed.

It's just that some people thought CDP was going to make an isometric turn-based rpg for some reason.

ghostdog

Arcane
Patron
Niggas please, don't expect anything remotely close to the actual 2077 rules and p'n'p gameplay.

The only thing you should hope for is:
1. gunplay that doesn't suck
2. skill-trees that help you built different characters and are not a clusterfuck like TW (and these characters actually *play* different due to their abilities).
3. an immersive well-written setting based on the rich lore of cyberpunk 2077 and a story with C&C.

I have high hopes only for (3). Gunplay and skills are probably gonna suck.

I also hope they use some awesome new-retro synthwave music, like blood dragon did.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom