Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Cyberpunk 2077 Pre-Re-Announcement Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

duke nukem

Augur
It's this one Goral :

rQOoO5v.jpg

Probably fake.
No way thats real. Texture looks way too high resolution and polygon count is too high too. Its a open world in city, so imagining 10+ of them running at the same time on same area would put even 1080 ti to its knees. I also imagine height slider could cause trouble on animation department.

But i really hope there is character editor. All i need is boob slider and hair options.

And i dont really even care what things look. I would preorder 2077 even it would have minecraft graphics.

Kev Inkline

Arcane
Patron
A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
It's this one Goral :

rQOoO5v.jpg

Probably fake.
No way thats real. Texture looks way too high resolution and polygon count is too high too. Its a open world in city, so imagining 10+ of them running at the same time on same area would put even 1080 ti to its knees. I also imagine height slider could cause trouble on animation department.

But i really hope there is character editor. All i need is boob slider and hair options.

And i dont really even care what things look. I would preorder 2077 even it would have minecraft graphics.
That outfit is 5/5 in my books, though.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
You retards think that character model looks good? Nice double standards.

What's wrong with it? You can change the face and the hair.

If they're gonna go for the same boring open-world formula as Witcher 3 then I'm out.

This setting would benefit a lot more from a tidier and cinematic format, like Witcher 2.

Non-open world cinematic RPGs are dead https://www.vg247.com/2017/03/30/th...-over-25m-copies-since-the-franchise-started/

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I'm not even sure they got it. GTA 5 was pretty boring outside of missions. Felt so been there done that.

Modron

Arcane
The acid test comes with Red Dead Redemption 2. If they don't innovate upon their last-gen console efforts, then nobody can and open-world is officially declared a pointless endeavour.
I would be quite happy if they regressed, GTA 5 was quire a step back in terms of side content to do compared to previous iterations and even what remained was often a pail imitation. Honestly they should go back to smaller hand crafted worlds as Bully is their best "open world" game with far more charm than anything they have produced since.

Carrion

Arcane
Patron
The main content in the GTA games is mostly garbage too. They're open-world games where the missions are almost always completely linear obstacle courses that don't make use of the open world in any meaningful way. That's not to say that the games aren't fun, but I don't think Rockstar really understand how to make an open world either.

Jimmious

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
The main content in the GTA games is mostly garbage too. They're open-world games where the missions are almost always completely linear obstacle courses that don't make use of the open world in any meaningful way. That's not to say that the games aren't fun, but I don't think Rockstar really understand how to make an open world either.
If Rockstar also doesn't understand that, then who does? Nobody? You?

Carrion

Arcane
Patron
Piranha Bytes at least used to. Perhaps the Saints Row developers too. Fallout was of course a superb open-world game, if not in the sense we understand the term nowadays, and New Vegas was really good too (in some ways even better). And as much fun as it is to bash Bethesda, I do like their approach to open worlds, even though they have the bad habit of sticking all of their content into underground dungeons and have made some massive blunders regarding the mechanics of their games.

It's fun to cause havoc in GTA, and all of the games have some really cool and memorable missions, but it has always pissed me off how the games insist on putting you on rails and prevent you from using any sort of creativity in achieving your goals. When you start a mission, you feel like a movie actor trying to follow a script that was written by someone else, and only rarely do the games allow you to do things in different ways based on your own preference. It's kind of the opposite of the Ubisoft model where you're generally given a lot of freedom but where most of the content is so damn generic and repetitive that it sucks away your soul. If you've got an open world, use it in your mission design. This goes double for those developers that want to make an RPG, where it generally should be possible to do things in lots of different ways.

Keppo

Arbiter
The thing with Witcher 3 is that they didnt have any open world content for the game even few month before release, they rushed these question marks at the very end of development to put something at least. Imho it was bad idea, they should just cut the world make it smaller and then cut 50-75 % question marks, and then pacing would be much better in W3.

I think they will do better in Cyberpunk, they have much more time, money, experience from Witcher 3 as their first open world game + feedback people complained that W3 world was static and not interactive.

What im actually afraid is balance, combat system, itemization and character progression.

sullynathan

Arcane
Piranha Bytes at least used to. Perhaps the Saints Row developers too. Fallout was of course a superb open-world game, if not in the sense we understand the term nowadays, and New Vegas was really good too (in some ways even better). And as much fun as it is to bash Bethesda, I do like their approach to open worlds, even though they have the bad habit of sticking all of their content into underground dungeons and have made some massive blunders regarding the mechanics of their games.

It's fun to cause havoc in GTA, and all of the games have some really cool and memorable missions, but it has always pissed me off how the games insist on putting you on rails and prevent you from using any sort of creativity in achieving your goals. When you start a mission, you feel like a movie actor trying to follow a script that was written by someone else, and only rarely do the games allow you to do things in different ways based on your own preference. It's kind of the opposite of the Ubisoft model where you're generally given a lot of freedom but where most of the content is so damn generic and repetitive that it sucks away your soul. If you've got an open world, use it in your mission design. This goes double for those developers that want to make an RPG, where it generally should be possible to do things in lots of different ways.
After I played enough GTA games, I started to realize that the missions weren't why you played the game, the destruction you could cause was. Makes sense given that most players never actually beat the games missions.

I don't know if I'd say that the saints row devs knew how to make better open world games than R*, they were just less rigid in punishing failure.

Quillon

Arcane
After I played enough GTA games, I started to realize that the missions weren't why you played the game, the destruction you could cause was. Makes sense given that most players never actually beat the games missions.

I play GTAs for the story missions, when that's over its just boring driving around/causing mayhem that I alt+f4 in 5 mins. I need some purpose to enjoy an open world game.

And I didn't like any SR games, different tastes and shit.

And that "most players" who never finish any game... I never met any of those retards but they have not been finishing GTAs since 15 years ago, tis not a surprise they don't finish RPGs nowadays, causing devs to cater for their retadred attention span.

Gerrard

Arcane
The thing with Witcher 3 is that they didnt have any open world content for the game even few month before release, they rushed these question marks at the very end of development to put something at least. Imho it was bad idea, they should just cut the world make it smaller and then cut 50-75 % question marks, and then pacing would be much better in W3.

I think they will do better in Cyberpunk, they have much more time, money, experience from Witcher 3 as their first open world game + feedback people complained that W3 world was static and not interactive.

What im actually afraid is balance, combat system, itemization and character progression.
And then it would be another cramped garbage like Fallout 4.
Why can't you ADD ridden fucks deal with an empty space in the world even though you have fucking fast travel?

sullynathan

Arcane

I play GTAs for the story missions, when that's over its just boring driving around/causing mayhem that I alt+f4 in 5 mins. I need some purpose to enjoy an open world game.

And I didn't like any SR games, different tastes and shit.

And that "most players" who never finish any game... I never met any of those retards but they have not been finishing GTAs since 15 years ago, tis not a surprise they don't finish RPGs nowadays, causing devs to cater for their retadred attention span.
most people don't finish games in general, only a small minority does. I believe the purpose you need in an open world game is exploration, that really should be it.

Quillon

Arcane
I believe the purpose you need in an open world game is exploration, that really should be it.

Exploration should be the tool not the purpose i.e. I'm not an exploration-fag bethestard. I need a meaningful goal to start exploring, if I stumble upon surprise finds etc, nice, but I won't go out and explore for the surprise finds themselves.

Self-Ejected

Barnabas

Self-Ejected
Patron
Shitposter
They said they were gonna start talking about cyberpunk in 2017 but details are still very hard to come by. Do you think there will be flying cars

Desert Fish

Educated
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Saint's Row >>> GTA when it comes to causing mayhem in the open world. 4 is garbage though, fun for a while but the whole superpowers thing gets old real fast.
It isn't garbage, YOU TAKE THAT BACK!
Super sprint and jump never gets old. Telekinesis had potential. The other powers are pointless, as it is more satisfying to use weapons. Overall fun game, just a shame that some neat upgrades are gated behind repetitive optional content.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom