Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Cyberpunk 2077 Pre-Re-Announcement Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

Zer0wing

Cipher
I think they are just evolving from an indie studio with less structure and procedures (and lots of crunch time) to a full-fledged development studio, and it's taking a bit of tall on some of the people inside.
Nah, just Poland business practices.

TheHeroOfTime

Arcane
This will be a great game for my grandchildren.

At this rhythm of development...
2wcnn0o.png

Paul_cz

Arcane
They always took 4 years to make a game, although Blood and Wine alone was almost as big as Witcher 2 but was done way faster. Still, I expect CP77 to come in 2019 or most likely 2020 if only because it is based on Cyberpunk 2020, nice marketing. And they will most likely not show anything from it until 6 months before launch when the graphics is locked to avoid any downgrade bullshit.

Quillon

Arcane
I don't even care anymore, there are other games with release dates/windows to look forward to. Let them tinker with their seamless multiplayer.

Quillon

Arcane
They effectively started the development 2 years ago.

They effectively scrapped the work they'd done with the smaller team 2 years ago(maybe even later). My guess is it was prolly gonna be its own game but they decided to capitalize on their proven work on Wild Hunt, so expect similarities. Another wild guess: The increasing number of devs who's been quitting CDPR could be the ones who came to work on CP77 back in its hype days, were forced to work W3 in its last stages and then their work on CP got scrapped... hence all this nonstop hiring frenzy.

Sentinel

Arcane
You need to understand that the company you knew as CDPR is done for and no longer exists.

Their growth will, if it hasn't already, wipe out their polish developers and culture and replace it with international people (americucks) who will completely change the company and the games they make, if nothing else, because they outnumber the poles.

Quillon

Arcane
Nah, people are the same. The risk is bigger now so they'll rely on what worked/what's proven more & they'll focus on other money maker features like multiplayer in what was supposed to be a single player focused game. I wouldn't be surprised if there'll be an in game shop for whatever :P

Iznaliu

Arbiter
The risk is bigger now so they'll rely on what worked/what's proven more & they'll focus on other money maker features like multiplayer in what was supposed to be a single player focused game

And their games will have a less coherent vision since they have more cooks to spoil the broth.

RepHope

Savant
You need to understand that the company you knew as CDPR is done for and no longer exists.

Their growth will, if it hasn't already, wipe out their polish developers and culture and replace it with international people (americucks) who will completely change the company and the games they make, if nothing else, because they outnumber the poles.
Yeah because Americans are just dying to move out to Poland. In my experience Americans resent having to move outside the USA. Polish will still be the majority at the studio simply because it's the easiest for them to work there and working there makes it easier for them to immigrate to the UK or Canada where gibs run freely.

Sentinel

Arcane

Yeah because Americans are just dying to move out to Poland. In my experience Americans resent having to move outside the USA. Polish will still be the majority at the studio simply because it's the easiest for them to work there and working there makes it easier for them to immigrate to the UK or Canada where gibs run freely.
Maybe not americans but the european equivalents. French and the like. One of the gameplay designers of W3 was french. The gameplay designer of CDPR2077 is american with no RPG experience. Witcher 3 had 2 spics often talking in some of their videos (I think they were part of the art team, can't remember). Apparently these developers that left recently and made CDPR go "we're fine" were polish.

Kitchen Utensil

Maybe not americans but the european equivalents. French and the like. One of the gameplay designers of W3 was french. The gameplay designer of CDPR2077 is american with no RPG experience. Witcher 3 had 2 spics often talking in some of their videos (I think they were part of the art team, can't remember). Apparently these developers that left recently and made CDPR go "we're fine" were polish.

Who cares. Gameplay-wise the game can't become any worse than Witcher 3.

Paul_cz

Arcane
I am really not worried about CDP becoming westernized anytime soon. It's true they have lot of internation people already, but all the leads and writers are polish and I doubt that's gonna change.

Gerrard

Arcane

It was already ongoing during the making of TW2.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom