Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Cyberpunk 2077 Pre-Re-Announcement Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

Keppo

Arbiter
https://www.gamepressure.com/e.asp?ID=1758

Some leaks, take it with grain of salt:

As we unofficialy found out, this time the thing will be completely different and the game will actually be a FPP game with elements characteristic for role-playing games.

Our source also confirmed that both CD Projekt studios – based in Warsaw and Cracow – are hard at work, with the latter currently focusing on a fragment of the game, the action of which will take place on the Moon. The game is supposed to be fast-paced, and one of the features that the studio is working on is wall-running

So FPP, what do u guys prefer? FPP or TPP? Deus Ex and System Shock showed that i guess FPP works better for this type of game. They had early plans to do both FPP/TPP, idk probably after testing and prototypes it didnt work, or required too much work and animations to make probably.

with rumored wall walking vertical gameplay/exploration is pretty much confirmed.

conan_edw

Arbiter
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Pathfinder: Wrath
I thought I was on prey's thread when I read "on the moon" I mean I don't recall it being part of the lore right?

Sentinel

Arcane
"anoymous leaks" lol
fake & gay & not news

6REUg0B.png

Keppo

Arbiter
I thought I was on prey's thread when I read "on the moon" I mean I don't recall it being part of the lore right?

Well, it's 2077 in alternate cyberpunk universe, there could be already well developed live on moon or something, who knows.

conan_edw

Arbiter
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Pathfinder: Wrath
well that's a really weird idea to include in a cyberpunk setting I mean there should already be billion of stuff to do in night city

undecaf

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
First person? I'm into it ... as long as the player character has feet.

Why is this considered so important in so many places? What's the added value of being able to admire the characters feet (unless there's some kind of gameplay value to being able to, which there almost never is).

Keppo

Arbiter

Well, it's 2077 in alternate cyberpunk universe, there could be already well developed live on moon or something, who knows.

I found this from original Cyberpunk

Enter the Future of CYBERPUNK with Deep Space, the continuation of the Near Orbit saga. The timeline has been extended to 2025 as the first generation of Highriders struggle for freedom from groundstar control. Lunar colonies are the norm, and the skies are crowded with corporations jockeying for position on this new economic frontier. At the same time, government and private enterprise take their first steps on Mars and into the Belt, in search of knowledge and resources. And what will new missions find inside the Gas Giants?

If Cracow is working on this moon stuff, it could be that they are already working on expansion/dlc ala Blood and Wine.

Zombra

An iron rock in the river of blood and evil
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
is it acceptable to have feet but wouldnt be able to see them due to being fat?
Of course, though in general I expect a cyberpunk protag to be trim and sexy.
Why is this considered so important in so many places? What's the added value of being able to admire the characters feet?
It's not about standing around admiring one's own feet, it's about making the player feel his character is a substantial part of the setting. If I'm standing next to a fire hydrant with 42000 polygons and gleaming bloom effects but I have no feet, something is off.

Kyl Von Kull

The Night Tripper
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
So when did they start the marketing push for TW3? Isn't that the key question here?

The suspension of the dividend is pretty strong evidence that they plan on some huge outlays this year. Frankly, it's kind of absurd that such a fast growing company would ever pay a dividend in the first place, but once you start companies don't like to stop unless there's an opportunity that they see as too good to ignore.

I doubt marketing the card game would ever cost enough to suspend a $30 million dividend, but that could cover a huge chunk of Cyberpunk's ad budget.

frajaq

Erudite
God I hope not, CD Projekt should stick to their comfort zone for this one

Last time they tried some other genre/mechanic we got Gwent and that didn't end pretty

duke nukem

Augur
is it acceptable to have feet but wouldnt be able to see them due to being fat?
Of course, though in general I expect a cyberpunk protag to be trim and sexy.
Why is this considered so important in so many places? What's the added value of being able to admire the characters feet?
It's not about standing around admiring one's own feet, it's about making the player feel his character is a substantial part of the setting. If I'm standing next to a fire hydrant with 42000 polygons and gleaming bloom effects but I have no feet, something is off.
I want to see my character`s boobs too. What bothers me in mirrors edge and many other games that they show only legs, like the characters eyes would be on the chest/abdomen. Well in mirror`s edge case, you would not see any boobs anyway as she is flat as earth.
It should not be hard as Tribes 2 did full body firstperson view like 16 years ago.

Zer0wing

Cipher
It should not be hard as Tribes 2 did full body firstperson view like 16 years ago.
Jokes on you, bugthesda modders "readd" full body firstperson view with every new game since Morrowind/Oblibion.
As of recent examples, a kickstarter survivor Kingdom Come: Deliverance does it pretty well.

It's just a matter of being not lazy.

Zombra

An iron rock in the river of blood and evil
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I want to see my character`s boobs too. What bothers me in mirrors edge and many other games that they show only legs, like the characters eyes would be on the chest/abdomen. Well in mirror`s edge case, you would not see any boobs anyway as she is flat as earth.
Yeah. I believe this is an artifact of the perceived necessity to hold your arms rigidly in front of you at all times to display your equipped weapons. If you were able to look down at your body and see yourself doing that it would look idiotic. I would love for a game to treat 1st person modeling and 3rd person modeling the same. I can always glance down at my hands if I forget what I'm holding!

The first game to do full body modeling will be groundbreaking* and I don't expect C2077 to be the first. Having feet goes back to at least 2004 though, unacceptable to not even do that much.

*I do know about Trespasser but somehow it didn't catch on and that ground has frozen over again in the meantime.

Dexter

Arcane
I can always glance down at my hands if I forget what I'm holding!

The first game to do full body modeling will be groundbreaking* and I don't expect C2077 to be the first. Having feet goes back to at least 2004 though, unacceptable to not even do that much.
Most of this will likely be a requirement in Non-port First-Person VR games, looking at different parts of your body, seeing what you're carrying or wearing and being able to interact with items on your body (pouch for inventory, tome for journal, map, potions, reaching behind your back for sword+shield/bow etc. often feels intuitive and might become a necessity for well-defined "UIs".

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
In case it wasn't obvious, E3 reveal confirmed: https://www.pcgamesn.com/cyberpunk-2077/cyberpunk-2077-e3-2018

CD Projekt has confirmed that they will be presenting an RPG for PC, PS4 and Xbox One at E3 2018 - which, unless they have another RPG they want to show us, surely can only be the long-awaited Cyberpunk 2077.

This exhibitor listing for the Expo clearly shows that not only will CD Projekt RED be there, it also outs the game they’re showing as an RPG for PC and consoles. Barring a surprise reveal of The Witcher 4, or the re-classification of Gwent from ‘card game’ to RPG, it seems likely we will be getting the first public showing of Cyberpunk 2077 since the first trailer four long years ago.

Frozen

Arcane
W1 2007
W2 2011
W3 2015
W4 2019

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom