Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

CD Projekt's next AAA RPG after Cyberpunk 2077 planned for release by 2021

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
https://www.cdprojekt.com/en/wp-con...-projekt-capital-group-activity-in-2017-1.pdf

uOnBVv.png

conan_edw

Arbiter
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Pathfinder: Wrath
well they've been saying that there are 2 titles for quite sometime. Why does it have a thread if there's still even barley anything official for CP2077

Erikolaz

Educated
Their extremely rapid growth (in terms of employee count) will continue then. Doesn't bode well IMHO.

Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
They acquired Strange new Things, huh?

Strange New Things said:
Together, we form a collective that’s creating ambitious games for the whole world to enjoy. We have a formal structure of no hierarchy or predefined roles.
:abyssgazer:

Zer0wing

Cipher
Do you guys know who else have no predefined roles and interfere in development process with their retarded ideas or terrible writing? Bethesda (Gay studio) staff. Shit just stinked real.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
I was speculating a few days ago that once they have a sci-fi and a fantasy franchise going, it only makes sense to alternate between them. Could easily be an RPG set in the Northern Kingdoms (Witcher universe) with full character creation.

Urthor

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
It's interesting how they are declaring the business plan a bit more openly than EA Acti Ubi et al. A lot more open declarations to the stock market, and it's really not hurting their consumer profile to be slightly transparent.

There's no problems with them expanding either really, they've hit the gold mine of cheap Eastern European labor and rich westerners buying 60 dollar games, no reason to not milk it up.

AwesomeButton

Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Don't underestimate the cost of labor in Poland compared to other, bigger outsourcing destinations if your only point of reference is cost of labor in Germany and further west.

vonAchdorf

Arcane
I was speculating a few days ago that once they have a sci-fi and a fantasy franchise going, it only makes sense to alternate between them. Could easily be an RPG set in the Northern Kingdoms (Witcher universe) with full character creation.

Like Bethesda does and Bioware did?

I'm curious if they keep iterating with the Witcher license or try their hands on an IP they create and own for their next RPG.

AwesomeButton

Patron
To quote Manny Calavera - "Precisamente, amigo."

It's not like they invented it though.

I sure hope they make new games in the Witcher universe, and to a rational mind it seems crazy for them not to do so, after Witcher 3's success. I've never read the books but I am nearly finished with the World of The Witcher companion book and it's really bursting with possible settings for more RPGs.

vonAchdorf

Arcane
To quote Manny Calavera - "Precisamente, amigo."

It's not like they invented it though.

I sure hope they make new games in the Witcher universe, and to a rational mind it seems crazy for them not to do so, after Witcher 3's success. I've never read the books but I am nearly finished with the World of The Witcher companion book and it's really bursting with possible settings for more RPGs.

I agree - the Witcher has a following now and with the new Netflix series, the name will go even more mainstream (though the spillover to gaming is likely marginal - so it's not a point of consideration when making games). But I think CDPR are extremely ambitious, so I wouldn't rule out that the want to create an IP of their own.
I don't doubt that the'll create more Witcher games, but maybe they'll try something of their own too.

Last edited:

AwesomeButton

Patron
It's notable that at every opportunity they have explicitly hinted that the door to future games in the Witcher universe is not closed.

Max Deltree

Novice
I like the idea that the other game is another one of Mike Pondsmith's IP: Castle Falkenstein. That would be really awesome.

vonAchdorf

Arcane
A Witcher 1 remake would have to be as different as the FF7 remake from the original to fit their new AAA style and audience. And lose the cards - no buy from me.

vota DC

Augur

Northern Kingdoms Come Deliverance will be the title.

A Witcher 1 remake would have to be as different as the FF7 remake from the original to fit their new AAA style and audience. And lose the cards - no buy from me.

Witcher 1 aged quite well. They could do Geralt saga from 1 to 3 in one game with choices that matter, should be easy because they know how to handle ingame choices.

Daedalos

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
Holy shit that's a long ways off... ugh, disappointing, but at least we are getting it at some point :(

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
The setting won't have the same appeal if it gets released when we are actually living in the cyberpunk age.

Frozen

Arcane
Zireael 1= Witcher 4 enhanced edition ( Ciri with >>>>>>> boobs)
profit!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom