Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

CDN testing in progress

Taluntain

Most Frabjous
Staff Member
Report any wonkiness to your favourite de-wonkifier here. It's going to take up to 20 more hours to propagate world-wide for everyone, but it's already kicked in for me. The speed boost is significant. :obviously:

Esquilax

Arcane
Based on the title, I thought the Codex was experimenting on Canadians. That makes me a little worried, but if I'm picked, could you simply perform horrible experiments on Volourn in my stead?

Taluntain

Most Frabjous
Staff Member
I'm not showing any mercy to anyone, everyone gets to be experimented on equally. We're all about equal rites here.

Taluntain

Most Frabjous
Staff Member
Yea, report any such issues here with as much info as you can, screenshots, etc. We're on relatively mild settings at the moment so I don't expect (m)any problems, but later on we'll probably go for heavier caching if it turns out OK.

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
Yea, report any such issues here with as much info as you can, screenshots, etc. We're on relatively mild settings at the moment so I don't expect (m)any problems, but later on we'll probably go for heavier caching if it turns out OK.

I've noticed this now for the last week. At around 10:10 AM PST the site suddenly goes down, I'm assuming for maintenance. Is there probably some other off-peak hour this could run?

Taluntain

Most Frabjous
Staff Member

I've noticed this now for the last week. At around 10:10 AM PST the site suddenly goes down, I'm assuming for maintenance. Is there probably some other off-peak hour this could run?

There's really no such thing as peak time on an international forum like this; would be simpler if the majority of the traffic was from one country, but more people visit the Codex from Europe and the rest of the world than US/Canada. The backups have been set up according to what's been shown to be times of least activity IIRC.

For the last five minutes I have been staring into CloudFlare's "It's offline, sorry" page for some reason.

Screenshots or it didn't happen.

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA

There's really no such thing as peak time on an international forum like this; would be simpler if the majority of the traffic was from one country, but more people visit the Codex from Europe and the rest of the world than US/Canada. The backups have been set up according to what's been shown to be times of least activity IIRC..

Interesting. But yeah since we have traffic both EU and US that makes sense. The 10AM PST maintenance time just of course seems odd to me.

:patriot:

And people reporting that CloudFlare screen is what happens at 10:00 AM PST. It was the first time I had seen that before. Usually the "We are under maintenance" codex screen would come up instead.

SCO

Arcane
In My Safe Space
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
I had it about a hour ago and its 21h local time here (ps: 12 hour clocks are abominations). Seems like it varies according to the server maybe?

Taluntain

Most Frabjous
Staff Member
CF has different notices for different reasons, but when the site's down or inaccessible, it should actually be serving a cached version now. I'm not sure if it works for the forums too, but it should at least for the site pages. So, yea, if you see something odd, jot down the exact time it happened and duration, plus take a screenshot.

evdk

comrade troglodyte :M
Patron
Codex 2012 Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
cloudflare.jpg
It's GMT+1.

DwarvenFood

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Yeah the forums section did not serve cached copies, the front page did. This was at my home connection, no proxy or other things, just NAT'ed IP. Didn't take screenshots.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom