Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

CDN testing in progress

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
12:29 PM today, I got the cloud screen while uploading some pictures to my gallery. I had selected 5 images to upload. It then was busy for quite a while, then I got the cloud screen. Then the codex loaded up just fine.

Taluntain

Most Frabjous
Staff Member
12:29 PM today, I got the cloud screen while uploading some pictures to my gallery. I had selected 5 images to upload. It then was busy for quite a while, then I got the cloud screen. Then the codex loaded up just fine.

That was likely my doing today as I was doing some work on the server. Better luck next time! :D

Sceptic

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
Taluntain is a Pratchett fan. Know your Codex lore FFS. (IIRC he also thinks the decline started with Going Postal :obviously: )

Anyway, I decided to take one for the team and test the website on a shitty P4. Surprisingly it still works, though it now freezes for a couple of seconds every time a page loads while waiting for cdn.viglink.com. Just though you might want to know.

This may have something to do with using Firefox 2.something though. You may want to revise your legacy compatibility.

Taluntain

Most Frabjous
Staff Member
Anyway, I decided to take one for the team and test the website on a shitty P4. Surprisingly it still works, though it now freezes for a couple of seconds every time a page loads while waiting for cdn.viglink.com. Just though you might want to know.

That's actually part of our Legacy Codex Experience. It's a feature, you see.

WhiskeyWolf

RPG Codex Polish Car Thief
Staff Member
w729vp.jpg

I'm getting this constantly, I even cleared the catch just in case but I still get it frequently enough to be very annoying, now I get it almost non-stop.

ghostdog

Arcane
Patron
Yeah, I'm getting this too today, and when I do manage to connect to the codex, it's very sluggish.

Taluntain

Most Frabjous
Staff Member
Yeah, I'm getting this too today, and when I do manage to connect to the codex, it's very sluggish.

Have you been getting this error in the past too, or is today the first instance? Same question for everyone else (WhiskeyWolf , JarlFrank).

Describe in as much detail as you can how often it occurs and for how long.

Edit:

For those of you seeing the issues listed above, please do the following and paste the output here WHEN YOU SEE THE ISSUE OCCURRING AGAIN:

1) Go to http://rpgcodex.net/cdn-cgi/trace and copy/paste the output

2) Run a traceroute following this:
  1. Open the Start menu
  2. Click on Run
  3. Type cmd and then press the OK button to open a command prompt
  4. At the prompt, type tracert rpgcodex.net and press the Enter key
  5. To copy the output, right-click anywhere in the window and select Mark. You can press Enter to copy all of the output, or select the text you want to copy and then right-click with your mouse. Paste the copied text by hitting CTRL + V.
(Obviously if you can't post at the time save all the above info somewhere and paste it here when you can connect again.)

ghostdog

Arcane
Patron
Have you been getting this error in the past too, or is today the first instance? Same question for everyone else (WhiskeyWolf , JarlFrank).

Describe in as much detail as you can how often it occurs and for how long.

I got it 3 days ago too IIRC. For a while I couldn't connect, so I stopped trying. After some time (maybe an hour) I tried again and it was ok.

Taluntain

Most Frabjous
Staff Member
I edited the post above, those of you affected by this please copy the instructions somewhere and paste the output here if it happens for you again.

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
w729vp.jpg

I'm getting this constantly, I even cleared the catch just in case but I still get it frequently enough to be very annoying, now I get it almost non-stop.
I got this today. I clicked the blue button and I haven't had it since.

Gord

Arcane
Got this screen for most of yesterday. Wouldn't go away, but for a little while I could access the site by using Hidemyass.com.
Will try to get the info Taluntain asked for if it happens again.

VentilatorOfDoom

Administrator
Staff Member
w729vp.jpg

I got this today. I clicked the blue button and I haven't had it since.
Interestingly enough, I too had this error but it went away when I retried for a live version of the site. Coincidence?
Perhaps it has something to do with the "no cached version is available" message at the top.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom