Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

CDN testing in progress

Taluntain

Most Frabjous
Staff Member
Can you make a screenshot of that the next time?

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
It's a blank white screen with just this text:

@CHARSET "UTF-8";#moderatorBar{background-color:#48505F;border-bottom:1px solid #032A46;font-size:11px;}#moderatorBar{zoom:1;}#moderatorBar:after{content:'.';display:block;height:0;clear:both;visibility:hidden;}#moderatorBar .pageContent{padding:2px 0;margin-left:110px;}#moderatorBar a{display:inline-block;padding:2px 10px;border-radius:3px;-webkit-border-radius:3px;-moz-border-radius:3px;-khtml-border-radius:3px;}#moderatorBar a,#moderatorBar .itemCount{color:;}#moderatorBar a:hover{text-decoration:none;background-color:;color:;}#moderatorBar .itemLabel,#moderatorBar .itemCount{display:inline-block;height:16px;line-height:16px;}#moderatorBar .itemCount{background:;padding-left:6px;padding-right:6px;text-align:center;font-weight:bold;border-radius:2px;-webkit-border-radius:2px;-moz-border-radius:2px;-khtml-border-radius:2px;text-shadow:none;}#moderatorBar .itemCount.alert{background:#e03030;color:white;box-shadow:2px 2px 5px rgba(0,0,0,0.25);-webkit-box-shadow:2px 2px 5px rgba(0,0,0,0.25);-moz-box-shadow:2px 2px 5px rgba(0,0,0,0.25);-khtml-box-shadow:2px 2px 5px rgba(0,0,0,0.25);}#moderatorBar .adminLink{float:right;}#moderatorBar .permissionTest,#moderatorBar .permissionTest:hover{background:#e03030;color:white;box-shadow:2px 2px 5px rgba(0,0,0,0.25);-webkit-box-shadow:2px 2px 5px rgba(0,0,0,0.25);-moz-box-shadow:2px 2px 5px rgba(0,0,0,0.25);-khtml-box-shadow:2px 2px 5px rgba(0,0,0,0.25);font-weight:bold;}​

I just had it. :( Then tried to get to the front page and ended up here: http://www.rpgcodex.net/system/includes/get_hot_topics.php?tab=1

It's like it's trying to load specific pages rather than the page as a whole on the first run - and it seems to be trying to CloudFlare check all of them.

IE: It opened a specific link, rather than load the page. It all started when I had the forums open and hovered over the alerts - of which there were new ones. The background of the page went from blue to white, the text went grey, almost as if the javascript had tried to load the "DDoS CloudFlare" page in the actual window. That failed. I ended up on the front page with it trying to check and I got the text, then I tried again and ended up at the hot topics. Then when I managed to get through to the forums I got a security error. So I tried again and got through.

It was seriously wigging shit out for a while though.

Taluntain

Most Frabjous
Staff Member
*sigh* I'm going to turn the DDoS protection off for now. Also, there's no way to exempt specific elements like ads at present, though they're working on adding that option. I'm going to file the above as a bug.

alkeides

Arcane
Patron
My home IP got banned by Cloudflare for some reason. I am using my 3G phone connection now.

Taluntain

Most Frabjous
Staff Member
PM me your IP and I'll check it. Apparently there's a whole bunch of false positives that it tagged as botnet zombies... either that, or a bunch of you have infected computers and don't know about it.

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
Yeah, shit's working much nicer without that check all the time.

spekkio

Arcane
So, my post failed to go through (Got a "this action is only available by POSTING" or somesuch message) and it ate my post when I clicked back to try again. Joy.
Got this one too yesterday.
A link to a .gif with beautiful, bouncy tits was lost forever.

:salute:

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
A link to a .gif with beautiful, bouncy tits was lost forever.

LukeSkywalkerNooooo.jpg

Repressed Homosexual
I get to have to enter a captcha before being able to see the site now, though that's probably due to my using a VPN, and someone else on the same VPN IP using it for abuse. I already had that message on another Cloudflare-protected site with another VPN service in the past.

The ads are also inaccessible due to the same catcha prompt. Woe is me :P

Taluntain

Most Frabjous
Staff Member
Here's the official take on that:

The IP address you came from recently had bad activity online, so CloudFlare will present a challenge before you can access the website. Here's what you can do to solve the problem:

1. Passing the captcha will help reduce the threat score associated with the IP address. If no bad activity is seen from the IP address after a two-week period, then the challenge behavior will stop against that IP address.

Of course, sharing your IP with anyone else is problematic as you never know what the other user(s) are doing. If they aren't doing anything malicious, it's only a temporary annoyance. If they are, I can't whitelist your IP for obvious reasons either. Not that I have much trust in CF's IP marking skills at this point, but as a rule I wouldn't want to whitelist IPs that could potentially be abusive.

Repressed Homosexual
Now even though I complete the captcha, it loops back to the Cloudfare captcha screen continuously. Sucks. I do use my VPN very frequently at work and with free wi-fi connections to keep my activities private, and at home mostly to stream Hulu stuff.

Hopefully it ends up only asking one captcha prompt.

Gnidrologist

CONDUCTOR
It's not exactly fault of Codex staff (i guess), but here seems to be appropriate subforum to post about this shit:
xqx8z.jpg

Not only do i fail to understand what causes this comfirmation shit screen (and Codex is not the only regular web page that i happen to visit time from time that spews this out), but moreso, i cannot fulfill it's pointless captcha via my favorite browser, which happens to be Opera. Posting from Chrome. Yaiks.

HALP!

made

Arcane
I'm on Opera and I don't get that. Have you, uh, enabled cookies like it says you must?

Taluntain

Most Frabjous
Staff Member
That would be I assume because you have cookies off... enable them for Codex. Or is it CF?

Mother Russia

Andhaira
Andhaira
Dumbfuck Queued
Codex 2013
Ok I am getting the captcha as well since right now. I am using Opera. I passed the captcha but seriously, WTF is this shit???

For crying the fuck out, just use a proper domain provider like cheapdomain or something. Fuck this gay assed cloufaggot shit.

Or even better, purchase a domain provider/dedicated servers in Thailand, so we never have to risk Codex shutting down due to raid by ZOGinternetpolice.

kazgar

Arcane
Assume its the influx of new visitors with the recent sir-tech news and auction

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom