Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Changes at Blizzard

DwarvenFood

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
It appears that there are some lay-offs going on at Blizzard, specifically connected to their new MMO Titan. 10-year Blizzard veteran John Staals has been fired amongst many others, see for more information.

Maybe Titan is in some serious trouble, and also perhaps Diablo 3 is closer to completion that thought. Reading on the things I came across some info on Blizzard and Activision, it is a horrifying read so beware. http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=128252

Small example:
Activision conducted the investigation in a manner designed to maximize the inconvenience and anxiety it would cause West and Zampella. On little notice, Activision insisted on conducting interviews over the Presidents' Day holiday weekend; West and Zampella were interrogated for over six hours in a windowless conference room; Activision investigators brought other Infinity Ward employees to tears in their questioning and accusations and threatened West and Zampella with "insubordination" if they attempted to console them; Activision's outside counsel demanded that West and Zampella surrender their personal computers, phones and communication devices to Activision for review by Activision's outside counsel and, when West and Zampella asserted their legally protected privacy rights, Activision's counsel said that doing so constituted further acts (of) insubordination.

Maybe stuff like that is more "normal" in the Kwa, but my mind is blown for a moment here.

Bruticis

Yes, it happens all the time here in freedomland. In fact, just last year I was making my way to the supply closest for a blue ink pen when I was accosted by my manager. He was convinced that I had been stealing paperclips and demanded I join in him in the bathroom for a full cavity search. At first I started to cry but that only enraged him further and he started to yell and thrust his finger at me. I had no choice but to submit to his request. At the end day, I was cleared of any wrong doing and advised to see a doctor about something he felt. Turns out I had prostate cancer and he saved my life in the long run.

hoopy

Savant
It's understandable considering how unprofitable Blizzard's games have been. WoW is a monetary sinkhole and I've never even heard of this StarCraft thing.

FIRE
EVERYONE

Gord

Arcane
What? Never heard of Ayn Rand? Successful people can do whatever the fuck they want with their property and I think it's commonly agreed that employees are property.

DraQ

Arcane
DwarvenFood said:
It appears that there are some lay-offs going on at Blizzard, specifically connected to their new MMO Titan. 10-year Blizzard veteran John Staals has been fired amongst many others, see for more information.

Maybe Titan is in some serious trouble, and also perhaps Diablo 3 is closer to completion that thought. Reading on the things I came across some info on Blizzard and Activision, it is a horrifying read so beware. http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=128252

Small example:
Activision conducted the investigation in a manner designed to maximize the inconvenience and anxiety it would cause West and Zampella. On little notice, Activision insisted on conducting interviews over the Presidents' Day holiday weekend; West and Zampella were interrogated for over six hours in a windowless conference room; Activision investigators brought other Infinity Ward employees to tears in their questioning and accusations and threatened West and Zampella with "insubordination" if they attempted to console them; Activision's outside counsel demanded that West and Zampella surrender their personal computers, phones and communication devices to Activision for review by Activision's outside counsel and, when West and Zampella asserted their legally protected privacy rights, Activision's counsel said that doing so constituted further acts (of) insubordination.

Maybe stuff like that is more "normal" in the Kwa, but my mind is blown for a moment here.
So, does anyone have second thoughts regarding extermination not being the only viable way of dealing with human vermin?
:rpgcodex:

In My Safe Space
Codex 2012
DwarvenFood said:

Small example:

Fucking sociopaths.

Forest Dweller

Smoking Dicks
Bruticis said:
Yes, it happens all the time here in freedomland. In fact, just last year I was making my way to the supply closest for a blue ink pen when I was accosted by my manager. He was convinced that I had been stealing paperclips and demanded I join in him in the bathroom for a full cavity search. At first I started to cry but that only enraged him further and he started to yell and thrust his finger at me. I had no choice but to submit to his request. At the end day, I was cleared of any wrong doing and advised to see a doctor about something he felt. Turns out I had prostate cancer and he saved my life in the long run.
Not sure if serious...

Gord said:
What? Never heard of Ayn Rand? Successful people can do whatever the fuck they want with their property and I think it's commonly agreed that employees are property.
:retarded:

Shannow

Waster of Time
DraQ said:
So, does anyone have second thoughts regarding extermination not being the only viable way of dealing with human vermin?
A possible solution would be to not base your economic and social system off of greed. Just a thought.
Killing all suits, while satisfying wouldn't solve the problem.

Aldebaran

Erudite
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
At this point, anyone who becomes involved with Activision gets exactly what they deserve as far as I am concerned. It's like letting John Gacy look after your children, and telling yourself, "It's okay, this time it will be different."

Chateaubryan

Cipher
Bruticis said:

This post is awesome. :M

DraQ

Arcane
Shannow said:
DraQ said:
A possible solution would be to not base your economic and social system off of greed. Just a thought.
Sure that the faulty system that makes all shit float to the top is the main culprit here, but at this stage you might as well just exploit this fact by scooping the accummulated shit and disposing of it before overhauling the system.
:smug:

Cassidy said:
DraQ said:

BOBBY KOTICK DER EWIGE JUDE
Way to miss the point.

Why should I care if Kock-tick is a Jew or not?
How does it affect the question of greedy sociopathic fucks?

Renegen

Arcane
DraQ said:
system that makes all shit float to the top

Buahhaha, that's actually really funny.

DraQ said:
Way to miss the point.

I think it's interesting you basically answered your own question. While I too feel the RAGE and think of extermination as a satisfying solution, it probably wouldn't work as the problem is the system, man. We have a system that turns people into greedy sociopathic fucks. And it's not just those at the very top, we can all relate to moments of extreme inhumane-ness and just general bullshit. I would be so bold to call our system Kafka-esque if I had actually ever read Kafka.

What can change the nature of a man?

Well in any case, people need to fight back, because respect is earned, and these greedy fucks only understand brute force and strength.

Gord

Arcane
It's an interesting question whether the system is corrupting those that try to reach the top, or whether it just favours those that are already corrupted ("Power corrupts. Absolute power corrupts absolutely").

However, there is some interesting research on certain personality types (like sociopaths, psycopaths, authoritarians) that seems to suggest that they tend to accumulate in certain positions because they are both driven to reach influence and power and at the same time exhibit traits that in our society prove helpful to reach said positions.
Unfortunately they also exhibit traits that are strongly detrimental to the society as a whole.

asper

Arcane
Project: Eternity
There are civilized capitalistic countries in western Europe and Scandinavia where inhuman shit like that would not fly. You just need some mechanisms that protect some basic worker's rights

American society rewards sociopaths, just look at the political top

Menckenstein

Lunacy of Caen: Todd Reaver
asper said:
There are civilized capitalistic countries in western Europe and Scandinavia where inhuman shit like that would not fly. You just need some mechanisms that protect some basic worker's rights

American society rewards sociopaths, just look at the political top

Please find me one example of a top political leader outside the United States who hasn't displayed sociopathic tendencies.

Micmu

Magister
Sociopathic greedy pieces of shit like Bobby & co. are no worse than millions of sick fucks who give them their money and FUND them doing their rapy business. :rage:

Oriebam

Formerly M4AE1BR0-something
DraQ said:
Shannow said:
DraQ said:
Sure that the faulty system that makes all shit float to the top is the main culprit here, but at this stage you might as well just exploit this fact by scooping the accummulated shit and disposing of it before overhauling the system.

Cassidy said:
DraQ said:

BOBBY KOTICK DER EWIGE JUDE
Way to miss the point.

if they're not jews they're proxy jews created by the zionists, therefore jews are the point

Berekän

A life wasted
Patron
Dicksmoker said:
Bruticis said:
Not sure if serious...

:retarded:

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
Care-o-meter.gif

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Blizzard has been on the decline for years. WoW bankrupted them creatively. Jeff Kaplan aka Tigole Bitties is their lead MMO designer now. I mean... really...

Wirdschowerdn

Ph.D. in World Saving
Patron
Blizzard died when they stopped making games tailored towards fun and creativity and instead designed games from the whole ground up to be some fucking online store.

The SC2 campaign was also rather weak, so I don't think I'll buy the expansions anymore. All other Blizzard projects from what I know are all online/MMOs so they can fuck off.

MapMan

Arcane
Blizzard is a defunct company to me. I will seriously hate myself if I end up buying D3. Please ban me if I do so.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom