Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Choice of Games Contest

MRY

Wormwood Studios
Developer
Choice of Games (who have made some games praised on the Codex) are hosting a competition to write an interactive novel: https://www.choiceofgames.com/contest/

The prize is $10,000. Generally I think such contests are a bad idea -- it's really a way of them generating a bunch of free material to promote their brand -- but it's real money and it's the kind of contest that is feasible for one person to take a run at. Plus, I think writing a dynamic story like this is a good way of gaining experience and possibly entry into the industry if that's your thing.

Caveats: (1) It appears to be limited to those living in the US, the UK, or English-speaking Canada. (Why not Australia?) (2) 10% of the scoring is based on "inclusivity," which may be triggering to Codexers (really, grown ups should be able to play by whatever rules authority imposes, but I realize not everyone is willing to make such compromises). Moreover, if you "fail" in inclusivity, you'll be disqualified altogether. Typically Choice of Games titles have to allow for being male or female, gay or straight.

Anyway, I pass it along (without endorsement) because I think for some people the upside will outweigh any downsides, and for some people there are no downsides at all. What I've seen suggests that Choice of Games is a fair business that's not out to scam anyone, and I've found a few of their games interesting.

MRY

Wormwood Studios
Developer
o.O

I had missed that.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom