Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Choose your fucking favicon

Which do you prefer?

• Dice

Votes: 3 4.8%
  • Parrot

Votes: 14 22.6%
  • Artsy Parrot

Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Sepia Monocle

Votes: 3 4.8%
  • Brown Play Button

Votes: 2 3.2%
  • Classic Troll's Head

Votes: 9 14.5%
  • Monocled Troll

Votes: 22 35.5%
  • Stupid Troll Head Variant

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Racofer's Current Fucking Artistic Work of Genius

Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Kingcomrade

Votes: 7 11.3%

• Total voters

DraQ

Arcane
Crooked Bee said:
The classic troll head. It's classic, you bastards. And classy, too. A bit childish, but so is the Codex. The monocled troll, on the other hand, isn't even childish, it's just plain retarded.

...but so is the Codex?
:smug:

:love:

Gosling

Liturgist
Crooked Bee said:
The classic troll head. It's classic, you bastards. And classy, too. A bit childish, but so is the Codex. The monocled troll, on the other hand, isn't even childish, it's just plain retarded.

Exactly. Keep the classic head - it's classic for a reason. And its facial expression is already spot on.
Codex is not as monocled as a lot of people here like to think, you self-important pompous asses, even in a post-ironic self-mocking kind of way. Monocles and smug-smileys are fucking retarded. Keep it simple.

Azalin

Arcane
Patron
Now that it has been decided shouldn't DU add the monocled troll to the emoticons too? :M

MapMan

Arcane
While monocled troll is pretty cool, its too hard to make out what is it. Someone who doesnt know beforehand what is it, will never guess. Bring the classic troll back.

Xor

Arcane
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
MapMan said:
While monocled troll is pretty cool, its too hard to make out what is it. Someone who doesnt know beforehand what is it, will never guess.

Doesn't scale to your level.

MCA
I like the monocled troll. Makes it easier to tell apart tabs. A splendid job, really.

I didn't like Racofer's shit at all. It was just... shit. And what was wrong with the blue play button from before?

pipka said:
What exactly monocled troll represent?

Thetypical codexer's intense desire to be an elite RPG fan leads him to believe he can become one simply by donning a monocle, but those around him just see a troll using fancy words to argue about videogames.

In other words, it's perfect for the Codex :thumbsup:

villain of the story said:
And what was wrong with the blue play button from before?

The fact it wasn't actually a blue play button, I imagine

spacemoose said:
how do I adblock a favicon
If you're a prestigious Firefox user:
1) about:config -> browser.chrome.favicons -> false
2) Adblock Plus -> ||rpgcodex.net/favicon.* and ||rpgcodex.net/prestigious_troll.png|

Crooked Bee

(no longer) a wide-wandering bee
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
DraQ said:
Crooked Bee said:

...but so is the Codex?
:smug:

Oh noes, you got me there. :o

gromit

Arcane
Multiple Sarcasm said:
spacemoose said:
how do I adblock a favicon
If you're a prestigious Firefox user:
1) about:config -> browser.chrome.favicons -> false
2) Adblock Plus -> ||rpgcodex.net/favicon.* and ||rpgcodex.net/prestigious_troll.png|
I know everyone's been ripping chrome off hard, but can't they at least name their own variables?

Also: decent icon. Easier to tell what it is than that broken-word and red rectangle monstrosity, sharper than any automatic down-scaling will provide, and, above all, it has a distinct combination of shape and color, so as to actually serve the functional purpose of an icon. Which is not to be pretty and make you feel cool. Don't listen to the haters; it's gotten more affirmative votes after being implemented than most of the other icons have all-together.

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
spacemoose said:
wallace said:
it's gotten more affirmative votes after being implemented than most of the other icons have all-together.
hint: DU enjoys rigging polls
Nah, didn't need to rig this one. And that's despite your best efforts voting parrot with all your alts.

Besides, there's a clear overwhelming 72% majority for Monocled Troll. 35% voted directly for it, 22% voted for Classic Troll - but they hadn't seen it implemented and when they did, would've realised it sucked and so defaulted to its Monocled Variant, while 15% agree with me about how awesome Racofer's was - people who are so in-tuned with my thoughts, they'd agree with anything I decided was the best to use. :smug:

Shannow

Waster of Time
DarkUnderlord said:
Besides, there's a clear overwhelming 72% majority for Monocled Troll. 35% voted directly for it, 22% voted for Classic Troll - but they hadn't seen it implemented and when they did, would've realised it sucked and so defaulted to its Monocled Variant,
no

zeitgeist

Magister
i69oc4.png

Sceptic

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
Now that zeitgeist posted this, a different troll head dependong on which forum group (RPG, Gaming, Playground, etc) would be pretty cool.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom