Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Development Info Chris Avellone and Josh Sawyer on Van Buren at Eurogamer

Lurker47

Savant
Multiple solutions of combat/stealth/speech should be in all RPGs. Can anyone think of a fourth?

Try LISA.
What did he mean by this? :retarded:

http://store.steampowered.com/app/335670/LISA/
Yes, I know but that post doesn't make much sense to me. Unless it was just some kind of joke and I'm being retarded.

LISA has a particularly nasty way of approaching 'situations.' Not sure it's worth spelling out since coming across it in-game is part of the fun.
I've beaten the game and I interpreted the implication correctly- though it's still incredibly silly. What you're referring to isn't a general way to resolve situations- in fact, it's pretty explicitly just a speech option (to dispute this would just be pedantic.)

Not sure what exactly you're trying to get at here but it's probably just grasping at straws.

Lurker47

Savant
I've beaten the game and I interpreted the implication correctly- though it's still incredibly silly. What you're referring to isn't a general way to resolve situations- in fact, it's pretty explicitly just a speech option (to dispute this would just be pedantic.)

Not sure what exactly you're trying to get at here but it's probably just grasping at straws.
Hate to doublepost but I just remembered the gambling mechanic (which is in a complete vacuum and doesn't have much in terms of genuine C&C). That, again, is also not a general way to approach situations. Sorry for being a negative nancy.

Last edited by a moderator:

sser

Arcane
Developer
I wouldn't consider LISA a simple "speech" option. There's no other game that does what it does, not to my knowledge anyway. Just my opinion, though. Being dumb is just posting a couple of time as if you're lost on the matter and then going "Oh yeah that gameplay feature" as if I could have been talking about anything else.

Lurker47

Savant
I wouldn't consider LISA a simple "speech" option. There's no other game that does what it does, not to my knowledge anyway. Just my opinion, though. Being dumb is just posting a couple of time as if you're lost on the matter and then going "Oh yeah that gameplay feature" as if I could have been talking about anything else.
Alright, that's understandable. I don't like to assume things even if I think I know what I'm talking about. Sorry for pestering you about it though.

undecaf

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
Multiple solutions of combat/stealth/speech should be in all RPGs. Can anyone think of a fourth?

There's all forms of possible environmental interactivities, happenstance possibilities or specifically designed for context, for various skills that need not fit in any of those three. Science, for example, offer a lot of potential.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom