Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline Chris Avellone Appreciation Station

Self-Ejected

CptMace

Self-Ejected
Now is time for the wildest theories. Like, he perfectly knew that carrie was in command, and cunningly dropped his tweet so people would be like damn that's exactly the day 1 purchase situation chris talked about. Imma preorder rite naow !
Avellone pushing his agenda as an obsidian fanboy, obviously.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Now is time for the wildest theories. Like, he perfectly knew that carrie was in command, and cunningly dropped his tweet so people would be like damn that's exactly the day 1 purchase situation chris talked about. Imma preorder rite naow !
But what should we think about his taste in literature if the writing is shit? Would you trust the quality of man's writing if he likes to read about manlove with fabulous shark boy?

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Psst the narrative lead is Josh.

Rev

Arcane
Psst the narrative lead is Josh.
Yeah, he's the narrative lead, but I think Carrie Patel is the lead writer and the one who writes most of the game's characters (at least the important ones), dialogues, etc.

Tom Selleck

Arcane
The Buried Life is some kinda shit, though. But I suppose fantasy video games are never as good as even the worst of all books.

Pizzashoes

Scholar
Chris Avellone said:
if it's Carrie Patel, I'll definitely consider buying it as I liked The Buried Life - if not, though, I'll probably wait and see.
Wait and see? That's hardly a ringing endorsement from our guy. Didn't he work on the first Pillars? What happened?

Self-Ejected

CptMace

Self-Ejected
He wrote some characters for the purpose of kickstarter hype. Unfortunately, no further involvement in the game is to be declared.

Sentinel

Arcane
Chris Avellone said:
if it's Carrie Patel, I'll definitely consider buying it as I liked The Buried Life - if not, though, I'll probably wait and see.
Wait and see? That's hardly a ringing endorsement from our guy. Didn't he work on the first Pillars? What happened?
the people he worked with left Obsidian and/or aren't writing anything relevant

2house2fly

Magister
If it was established then presumably that would mean people were speaking directly about it

Sentinel

Arcane
Is it now established that it was Sawyer vs Avellone?
If you are delusional, yeah.

At least from Sawyer's part, there doesn't seem to be any animosity for MCA. He has praised MCA multiple times after he left the company.

One thing that is weird though is how MCA avoids spelling Sawyer's name in any comment he makes about Obsidian, PoE, or even when referring to him (see the "He" used in a reply above when referring to Sawyer's answer on NWN2 companions). It comes across as kind of antagonistic. At least to my retarded brain. It's probably nothing but maybe there was some friction and MCA isn't too keen on Sawyer.

Self-Ejected

CptMace

Self-Ejected
An apparently painfully average book, judging by the reviews. https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/20263206-the-buried-life#
These seem to be good though.

the_buried_life.png

edit : looks like it's a series which got better over time.

Tome 2 ratings

Tome 3 ratings

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Self-Ejected

CptMace

Self-Ejected
Yeah I noticed that the third got released last year. They're probably of the same quality.
I'd still be glad to score 3.3 over 500 ratings for my first novel.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom