Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline Chris Avellone Appreciation Station

Lhynn

Arcane
Son, the only imbecile here is you. From your nonsensical style of writing, faggoty avatar, and utter lack of sense, I'd wager you're not over 16. Only cucks and jews hide behind a false sense of seniority, and use non-extant hierarchies in weak attempts to browbeat supposed newcomers. You reek of faggotry and pretentiousness.
Blah blah blah, poisoning the well because you cant make a well constructed argument to save your life.

Actually, I do, what with the digital diarrhea of garbage their employees spew all over social media.
Definitely sounds like you have first hand experience.

Even if that wasn't the case, the state of the industry is apparent to anyone with functioning eyes. Only shills and braindead fanboys defend these worthlessly inefficient companies. Which are you?
Neither. just pointing out you are clearly talking out of your ass. you even acknowledge this, but still refuse to concede.

Christ, reading your broken English is like trying to play Fallout 4 while being fellated by Todd Howard. Listen, chucklefuck, one day, you're gonna grow up, and see how the real world functions. And then, you'll come to the realization that adults -- not manchildren, but adults! -- who work responsible jobs have deadlines and employee assessments. Now fuck off, I've wasted enough time arguing with your dumb ass.
And again, no point to your retarded rant. You are literally the worst kind of codexer, the ignorant cunt that cant help but voice his opinion, and when its thrown on his face like the retarded shit it is, feels like he has to defend it instead of conceding that he has no clue about whatever he is talking about.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
How hard do you have to fail at trolling about Obsidian when even the other Obsidian-haters on the forum don't like you

Unwanted

Manmower

Unwanted
Edgy
So far it's just 1 butthurt faggot. Why, you wanna add your goyim-hating ass to the pile? :lol:

EDIT: And I don't hate Obsidian, I'm pissed at them for failing. They're like the retarded brother you wish would shape up and take you out on a night with hookers and blow.

Fairfax

Arcane
Who cares about trolling Obsidian. He's attacking the Avellone senpai in his own station.
:baka:

Xor

Arcane
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
So far it's just 1 butthurt faggot. Why, you wanna add your goyim-hating ass to the pile? :lol:
I thought about replying but MRY was doing such a good job destroying your arguments that I didn't bother. You're a dumbass if you think teachers have an easy job, though.

Bester

⚰️☠️⚱️
Patron
Vatnik
It's just that if you're not going to incentivize people with competitive pay and benefits (and normally indie projects do not), you have to compensate them in some other way.
I'm sure Chris has those "other ways". If he started an indie company that didn't promise to pay much or even at all (just rev shares), his mailbox would still explode. Top industry experts in exile tired of corporate bullshit would be banging on his door.

Creating a game with a small team of 5 people is easy nowadays and doesn't require managing that he hates so much. He could do it. He probably doesn't know it.

MRY

Wormwood Studios
Developer
I'm sure Chris has those "other ways". If he started an indie company that didn't promise to pay much or even at all (just rev shares), his mailbox would still explode. Top industry experts in exile tired of corporate bullshit would be banging on his door.

Creating a game with a small team of 5 people is easy nowadays and doesn't require managing that he hates so much. He could do it. He probably doesn't know it.
In my experience, which is narrow but at least covers 20 years of such far-flung indie Internet collaborations, gathering your party is the easy part. Holding it together months into the project when the honeymoon is over is much harder. I don't doubt that the privilege of working with a great like him would go a long way, but it's worth noting that, for example, Ron Gilbert was shelling out shillings for Thimbleweed Park's writer, even though I would imagine that I'd do it for free. Ron presumably realized that the "I would do it for free" crowd lasts until the going gets tough.

Haba

Harbinger of Decline
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
You clearly have no idea what you are talking about. It. does. not. work. like. that.
Really, please illuminate me. Because the 5 people I have working under me every single day manage themselves, amirite?

Because I've seen it happen several times. People who sell their original company/shares, make a fortune and then start a new company with an outsider CEO, thinking that they can "finally focus on doing what they enjoy". I watched one guy go through three CEOs, then ending up managing the company himself. And all the time he was complaining how he just wanted to "focus on product development".

Unwanted

Manmower

Unwanted
Edgy
He's attacking the Avellone senpai in his own station.
But I'm not. How is your reading comprehension so bad? Ideally, MCA would start his own thing, hire maybe 10 of his friends, focus on creative development and writing, and 2 years later we'd get a bitchin' RPG in the vein of Torment.

I thought about replying but MRY was doing such a good job destroying your arguments that I didn't bother. You're a dumbass if you think teachers have an easy job, though.
They do, you dumb fuck. Teaching is one of the few professions where the final result is unquantifiable. And it's mostly done by women who suck at 95% of jobs anyway. Turns out if you bitch and moan constantly about your job being hard, the idiot masses actually internalize the meme. You know what's hard? Doing drywall. Digging ditches. Landscaping. Teaching a bunch of howling retards is incomparably easy (I've had my share of interns with room-temperature IQs). I've done both manual labor and office jobs, and no amount of stress or managerial bullshit or deadlines compares to carrying 60lbs. bags of cement in 40-degree summer heat. My current job, as annoying as it can be sometimes due to management, is piss easy compared to that. And unlike the rest of you stunted mongoloids burdened with the reading comprehension of a 2yo chimp, MRY actually attacked my points and we had a nice discussion.

Agreed. He really should try. I mean, what does he have to lose? Wouldn't even cost him that much, what with so many people who'd work for him even at reduced pay.

I watched one guy go through three CEOs, then ending up managing the company himself. And all the time he was complaining how he just wanted to "focus on product development".
Honestly, I think this varies from person to person. It's just that the gaming industry at large is so full of hacks and idiots that anyone who does even a half-way good job is hailed as Lord Savior. Look at what Schafer did. Look at how badly inXile botched Wasteland. What Obsidian did with PoE (inb4 Sawyer delivered on time). How Levine constantly scrapped chunks of Bioshock Infinite, wasting precious resources for no justifiable reason than to sate his own ego. Why is it so hard to accept that management and leadership duties can be undertaken with speed, efficiency, and vigor, instead of this retarded and plodding, wasteful style of excess and inefficiency that is the current gaming industry standard?

Last edited:

Xor

Arcane
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
I don't feel the need to argue with someone who is so obviously ignorant.

I ASK INANE QUESTIONS

ITZ NEVER STOPS COOOMING
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Son, the only imbecile here is you. From your nonsensical style of writing, faggoty avatar, and utter lack of sense, I'd wager you're not over 16. Only cucks and jews hide behind a false sense of seniority, and use non-extant hierarchies in weak attempts to browbeat supposed newcomers. You reek of faggotry and pretentiousness.
At least he doesn't talk like he's straight outta 4chan. :M

Ninjerk

Arcane
Man, shitheads like kwanzabot get the run of the place and a baby-Roqua comes along and you guys want to prosperize him. :decline:

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
. Teaching is one of the few professions where the final result is unquantifiable. And it's mostly done by women who suck at 95% of jobs anyway. Turns out if you bitch and moan constantly about your job being hard, the idiot masses actually internalize the meme. You know what's hard? Doing drywall. Digging ditches. Landscaping.

To all game devs: :lol:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom