Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Chris Avellone might be teasing new Fallout

ArchAngel

Arcane
I just ignored all quests and story and just roamed around killing shit.
Fucking Millennials.
No fuck you. Reading and doing quests in Fallout 4 can give cancer. Why would I want to do that to myself?

And all the conversations are same 4 options anyways, when you read conversations in first town you know what everyone in the game will say and ask.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Fucking Millennials.
No fuck you. Reading and doing quests in Fallout 4 can give cancer. Why would I want to do that to myself?

And all the conversations are same 4 options anyways, when you read conversations in first town you know what everyone in the game will say and ask.
IF you don't read mate,you won't know that you are killing some stupid faggot or some taster with emotions. Killing liberal cumbuckets is the best thing in the game.
Also the game that he is making will most likely be fallout shelter 2!

Siveon

Bot
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Fucking Millennials.

Protip: Just play a good shooter.

That's like playing Skyrim for the melee combat, when there's a perfectly good Dark Messiah and Mount & Blade right over there.

Jacob

Pronouns: Nick/Her
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy
What? No more info on this? Probably Mr. Avellone is just only reccently replayed Fallout and that's all...

Trashos

Arcane
sort of off topic, but I loved fallout and fallout II and was extremely butthurt about the cancellation of the original van buren fallout 3 and have never played a single minute of any of the fallout games after fallout 2. That being said I have of course heard the endless praise for New Vegas, but have not played it. I notice it is on sale for 4.99.

I hate Bethesda games. Always have. Hated Daggerfall. Hated morrowwind. I cant not play any of their games for more than a few minutes without becoming bored or annoyed. Given all of the above is it even worth it for me to give New Vegas a try at this point? Anybody else basically feel like I do, but enjoyed new vegas? Do I have to play it like an action game?

I don't care about the money so much, that is not why I am asking... but I just don't want to put 10 hours into it and then realize it is shit and never touch it again and just waste an entire day. Any answers would be appreciated, TIA.

I felt exactly like you do, and stayed clear of New Vegas until I saw it on the Codex Top 10 list. I am glad I tried it eventually, it is an amazing game. The combat is of course FPS, and it took me a while to get used to it (I had no prior experience), but the world building and atmosphere are excellent, the faction system is extremely interesting, much of the quest design is brilliant, and several characters are very enganging. Combat wise, I got used to it, so hopefully you will too. I am currently on my 4rth playthrough and still having a blast, you should give it a try.

Get the Ultimate Edition (includes all the dlc), mod it with Jsawyer mod, and play it on hardcore mode (you have to eat and hydrate). It is a great experience.

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
Fun fact: Fallout 3 was the LAST Bethesda Developed game I have ever played (and finished). All that fucking shit garbage ever since, I have never touched, or ever will. :salute:

Blaine

Cis-Het Oppressor
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy
I was the World's #1 Fallout Fan for years. From 1997-2008 online, my avatar was Fallout-themed, my username was Fallout-themed, and my signature was Fallout-themed. I worked on FanMade Fallout with DarkUnderlord, back when he used an animated .gif of the "UNITY" video screens from the Cathedral in Fallout as his avatar (or was it a hooded figure on a throne at the time? My memory is hazy). I made elaborate Fallout-themed "cinemagraphs" using captured still images of FO1 and FO2 game backgrounds, ripped sprites, and the actual text fonts used in-game, and animated little scenes frame by frame.

Then 2008 came, and Fallout suddenly meant something else entirely to the majority of people. No one would look at my avatar anymore and wonder what cool old game I'd taken it from; they knew, or thought they did. The Fallout aspect of my online persona sadly slipped into its cave, just like Puff the Magic Dragon, or a naked penis outside during the Finnish winter.

I've now spent nearly a decade since then watching the franchise be repeatedly raped, made to dance like a circus monkey, dismembered, cannibalized, and then reassembled into a mashed approximation of an intact corpse so that the process of raping, dancing, dismemberment, and cannibalization could begin all over again. New Vegas has been the ONLY official blip since then, although of course it too couldn't escape Bethesda's taint.

It's time to let the old soldier rest in peace. There's no sense in getting excited, no sense in getting your hopes up—it's futile. Fallout is a spent force with no future, or at least not one you want to be a part of, ironically appropriate given the game's theme. Chris Avellone shouldn't be getting people's hopes up, either. It's cruel.

ArchAngel

Arcane
why play fallout 4 in the first place? the game almost have me cancer
How do you know if you didn't play it in the first place?
i played it hoping it would get better, but it became worse as i played
I played it so I can bash it with facts (and I did), but then I found some fun with it by ignoring all the so called RPG parts of it and just playing it as a action game with crafting. When that got boring after 20 hours I uninstalled it. Then I reinstalled it few months later when DLCs and new survival difficulty came and played for few hours and uninstalled again. I don't ever plan to play it again.
(it goes without saying I didn't give a single $ to Bethesda and I never plan to again - last and only game I ever bought from them was Morrowind and that was from a bargain bin)

PrettyDeadman

There aren't a lot of games like that. First person open world rpgs...
Nah it is not a RPG. It is a light shooter with stats and crafting.
Well, if you compare it to open world shooters like farcry - the difference is aparent. It has loot, quests, npcs, world design is completely different and etc.

ArchAngel

Arcane
There aren't a lot of games like that. First person open world rpgs...
Nah it is not a RPG. It is a light shooter with stats and crafting.
Well, if you compare it to open world shooters like farcry - the difference is aparent. It has loot, quests, npcs, world design is completely different and etc.
Last Far Cry that I watched people play on Twitch also had all that. It even had Fallout 4 level stats.

I was the World's #1 Fallout Fan for years. From 1997-2008 online, my avatar was Fallout-themed, my username was Fallout-themed, and my signature was Fallout-themed. I worked on FanMade Fallout with DarkUnderlord, back when he used an animated .gif of the "UNITY" video screens from the Cathedral in Fallout as his avatar (or was it a hooded figure on a throne at the time? My memory is hazy). I made elaborate Fallout-themed "cinemagraphs" using captured still images of FO1 and FO2 game backgrounds, ripped sprites, and the actual text fonts used in-game, and animated little scenes frame by frame.

Then 2008 came, and Fallout suddenly meant something else entirely to the majority of people. No one would look at my avatar anymore and wonder what cool old game I'd taken it from; they knew, or thought they did. The Fallout aspect of my online persona sadly slipped into its cave, just like Puff the Magic Dragon, or a naked penis outside during the Finnish winter.

I've now spent nearly a decade since then watching the franchise be repeatedly raped, made to dance like a circus monkey, dismembered, cannibalized, and then reassembled into a mashed approximation of an intact corpse so that the process of raping, dancing, dismemberment, and cannibalization could begin all over again. New Vegas has been the ONLY official blip since then, although of course it too couldn't escape Bethesda's taint.

It's time to let the old soldier rest in peace. There's no sense in getting excited, no sense in getting your hopes up—it's futile. Fallout is a spent force with no future, or at least not one you want to be a part of, ironically appropriate given the game's theme. Chris Avellone shouldn't be getting people's hopes up, either. It's cruel.

yesterday my birthday, and now this.

Pretty soon I won't be able to make it up my stairs and my family will will have to find me a bottom floor studio and will periodically send the kids over to make sure old uncle did not fall and become immobile again. Everything really is turning to shit I suppose...

:negative:

At least play Fallout: Nevada instead of 1.5. It’s all translated now even if in some parts the translation still needs some editing. Fallout: Nevada is almost as big as F2, and it’s way way way better than 1.5.
link?

also I have fallout 2 installed, what do I need for neveda?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom