Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Chronicle of Innsmouth

Tramboi

Prophet
Patron
A Lovecraftian comedy, this is quite original !
I've played 1h30 and I'm liking it quite much.
Puzzles are simple so far but I can't help noticing an excellent use of music.

Bonus, because Lovecraft+music : good unrelated surf song by The Arkhams, an american psychobilly band https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qRSWcyfXlNU

Last edited:

Tramboi

Prophet
Patron
What didn't you bear ? It's very cheap, so I tend to be quite forgiving.
I'm quite fed up with Lovecraft ill-inspired dark teenage angst and non-euclidean bullshit, so I found this refreshing.

Last edited:

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
i am really enjoying this so far. not bad for the price. it is charming, and feels creepy, but it's not without humor too. some moments made me chuckle and the atmosphere is really good. the puzzles are albeit a bit on the easy side most of the time, but still fun to play and some are pretty clever and few annoying ones. the bus to arkham just left and i am taking a short break and will continue playing while eating lunch later.

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
finished it. it's pretty short and the end is pretty meh to me. bunch of QTE sequences, and mck up stealth sequences. the one where you escape from the hotel is an interesting puzzle, but everything after that are just lame, even the final lock puzzle doesn't really make sense as a puzzle. you just input what you can see on the paper to the panel.

shame, because i found the beginning trough near end was comfy. it's good for what it is and considering the production value, that kind of limitation is understandable. could be more though if the dev had proper budget.

Don Peste

Arcane
https://www.facebook.com/chronicleo...1073741829.1905682722989522/2381984112026045/

lUcKZ9Y.png

20616821_2381984112026045_6030716073091096783_o.jpg

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
nice i enjoyed the little game they had, and it seems they will make the modest amount dont think will kickstart it, but i will support it when it comes out

Zann

Cipher
Patron
A Beautifully Desolate Campaign
As backer I got a Steam key for this, but I have the game already (which is why I backed the sequel to begin with) and no monocled real-life friends to gift my extra key to.
Any esteemed codexer interested ?

Modron

Arcane
If no one else steps forward, I am always up for a decent point and click adventure.

Smoker

Scholar
Got it for 5$ on the last sale. It is very comfy 90s adventure style. Seems like the sequel will be delayed until summer thanks to COVID.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom