Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Cities : Skylines

Angthoron

Arcane
Had some fun when my solar power-based city plunged into a total blackout as the first night came.

cw8

Cipher
Seriously, you still can't place parks on paths and still have to place them on roads?

tumblr_inline_mqbdil39PU1qz4rgp.gif

Havoc

Cheerful Magician
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath
So I just reinstalled the game:

I can actually answer this. 45 years from this date is 1970. The exact year integer based date-time in computer technology starts. In other words. Somebody put 0 in the date so it calculated from 1st of January 1970.

Caim

Arcane
I can actually answer this. 45 years from this date is 1970. The exact year integer based date-time in computer technology starts. In other words. Somebody put 0 in the date so it calculated from 1st of January 1970.
Exactly. Going by the error messages in the top-left of the screen I believe that the game is suffering from an epoch fail.

Perkel

Arcane
at first i was like lol
then i saw night time and i was fuck yeah

Turjan

Arcane
I think they let you zoom out a bit more now without mods. This is more or less the whole 25 tiles:

UabHQZU.jpg

I quite like the atmosphere at night.

zWrB5D4.jpg

Delterius

Arcane
I'm trying to get into Cities Skylines but I feel that every map is just way too smooth. Are there any fan made maps with more character that you know of?

Turjan

Arcane
I assume the map in the image fits the bill. It has lots of water and hilly areas. I chose this mostly so that I don't run into object limits with 25 tiles (I'm still at 21,000 out of 32,000 allowable buildings). It's the Skye map. I quite like it.

Last edited:

Turjan

Arcane
Did they ever...

... fix the difficulty?
You mean that the game is too easy? I think there was a hard mode from the very beginning. On the other hand, I don't play a city builder because of its economy simulation. I want to build a functioning city that doesn't look like crap.

The image you linked is just an example of stupid road design. Why would anyone build like that?

Edit: Actually, now that I think of it, I can answer that question myself. Ar road like in that image was a working solution for SimCity 2013. Silly game.

Stokowski

Arcane
... I chose this mostly so that I don't run into object limits with 25 tiles (I'm still at 21,000 out of 32,000 allowable buildings).

How do you track this? Have you found/created some useful mod that does this?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom