Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Civilization Online announced

Eyeball

Arcane
Civ5 really reminded me of a Facebook game. Not much of a leap from Civ5 to this.

Turisas

Arch Devil
Patron
And how many mmo's so far have successfully emulated WoW's success?

kenup

Scholar
Codex 2014
:cmcc:

I'm not really surprised though. I was watching a friend play a facebook game recently and it reminded me of Civ5's interface.

In fact, Civilization Online will definitely be a MMORPG, where players are a single character within the civilization -- as opposed to, say, a unit of armies --
:what:

Night Goat

The Immovable Autism
Patron
No Fun Allowed
Codex 2013 Codex 2014
Why? Does every fucking thing need to be an MMO?

Because sweet money. Or that's what they think, anyway.

Nah son that is the truth as Wow shown that it is possible to get rich like Bill Gates if you make a 'mmo". This already smells like...........victory & profits just around the corner.
I'm sure that's what the suits think, and that's why they'll be the only ones surprised when the game closes a month after launch. WoW succeeded for a reason: because people will buy anything with the Blizzard logo upon't. The dumb kids who typically play f2p MMOs won't be interested, because it doesn't look like anime (probably) and involves that history stuff they sleep through in school. Even if they do play, they won't be spending any money. Civilization fans tend to be somewhat more intelligent than the general population, and therefore less likely to spend hundreds of dollars to get an in-game advantage.

Dr Tomo

Learned
And how many mmo's so far have successfully emulated WoW's success?

None as it was a once in a life time thing as EQ was in the dumps and there was no mmo that had the visibility for people to pick it up and Blizz's logo was on it.

Why? Does every fucking thing need to be an MMO?

Because sweet money. Or that's what they think, anyway.

Nah son that is the truth as Wow shown that it is possible to get rich like Bill Gates if you make a 'mmo". This already smells like...........victory & profits just around the corner.
I'm sure that's what the suits think, and that's why they'll be the only ones surprised when the game closes a month after launch. WoW succeeded for a reason: because people will buy anything with the Blizzard logo upon't. The dumb kids who typically play f2p MMOs won't be interested, because it doesn't look like anime (probably) and involves that history stuff they sleep through in school. Even if they do play, they won't be spending any money. Civilization fans tend to be somewhat more intelligent than the general population, and therefore less likely to spend hundreds of dollars to get an in-game advantage.

I wouldn't say suits, more like every studio owner wants that wow tit milk aka Curt Shilling. He was no suit and honestly thought he can get rich like Bill Gates (he is the person I am using this ref for in earlier post). Also I wouldn't go that far out and say Civ fans are intelligent as that would be an oxymoron. Civ games has been getting watered down for years and there are a lot of people including on the codex that plays the game and still post like they been thrown to the ground too many times as a new born.

Anyone who plays video games are just as retarded as Jersey Shore meat heads until proven other wise is the best way to look at it. If you need evidence take a look at the thread generational decline, this is what convinces me that humanity needs a sterilization program :lol:.

Norfleet

What, didn't they learn from this the first time? They did this exact same already, called "CivWorld", on Fecesbook. It sank like a lead balloon.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom