Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Warhammer Classic Warhammer/Warhammer 40K games released on GOG

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
ok this was retarded beyond belief on multiple levels.

1. Setting the assault cannon to EXTERMINATUS mode in the game files and going berserk with it did let me progress. Eventually I hit a glowy prop that triggered mission end. What was strange about it tho was that it didn't trigger any death scream.

And then... it hit me.

2. This appears to be THE ONLY RANDOM MISSION in the ENTIRE GAME that has an objective different than "kill everyone".

The Imperial Guard has all but defeated Chaos on this world, and is preparing a final assault on Chaos's stronghold. However, Chaos has constructed a powerful energy shield which protects their Citadel. We must assist our Imperial allies by locating the generator that powers this shield and destroying it and the computers that control it. Look for the generator that rests atop a large flat platform.

DOES ANYONE ACTUALLY READ THESE BRIEFINGS AFTER THE FIRST THREE ONES?????

and even better, the shit above doesn't appear anywhere in the "mission objectives" screen, because that one is full of main scenario nonsense.

Fucking wow. FFS

Citizen

Haha
8GTJG5.png

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
bloodthirster was pretty disappointing

idiot just stood in place and kept doing nothing while i peppered him with rockets from across the map

even the lord of change put up more of a resistance (at least he moved before I sprayed him with 15 assault cannon bursts)

Ezeekiel

Liturgist
bloodthirster was pretty disappointing

idiot just stood in place and kept doing nothing while i peppered him with rockets from across the map

even the lord of change put up more of a resistance (at least he moved before I sprayed him with 15 assault cannon bursts)

I wonder if the game just malfunctions somewhat on modern hardware, or if it's a random AI bug? When I played it back in the day, even though I always tried to slowly creep and snipe, the bloodthirster flew right to my guys and massacred max-level terminator after max-level terminator.
Killed him by just concentrating all firepower I think, but he took down a good chunk of my dudes.

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
For me he only moved forward in the first turn, then stopped in the middle of that central 'street' between the CSM bunkers and from that point only kept rotating like stupid and ending turn. Meanwhile I had a detachment of bruvas at the east bridge massacring anything that came close, while everyone else was holding position outside in front of the blood river, with bruva excidium firing a rocket every turn at the BT.

Dayyālu

Arcane
Pity. I was taken by surprise the first time, freezed him with Stasis grenade and then massacre'd him with organized focused fire.

The last battle is even more disappointing tbh, Zymran is a pushover bar his bodyguards.

Ezeekiel

Liturgist
Pity. I was taken by surprise the first time, freezed him with Stasis grenade and then massacre'd him with organized focused fire.
You can freeze him with a stasis grenade? Good grief. I didn't really get the chance as he just flew right over and started slaying, and the next turn I didn't think of it. Not sure if he lasted more than 1 turn or not.
The last battle is even more disappointing tbh, Zymran is a pushover bar his bodyguards.
To be fair, it's the same way for Kruger the rookie. His bodyguards (your elites) are all way better than his lvl 1 ass iirc.
My CG disc has Zymran standing victorious over a dead Kruger, too, hahaha.
A duel between those two would be like two retards fighting over who gets to lick the window.

Last edited:

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
ScreenShot0.png

That awkward feeling when you've been mass teleporting through the level all the time, and then you decide to bring some leftover dudes to the front on foot, triggering a chaos termie mob spawn right next to your bruvas.

that final mission was pretty silly in general

Anyway cool game.

catfood

AGAIN
^ very cool music, one of my favorites, but after hearing the Chaos Gate score no other soundtrack ever came close to evoking the 40K tone so well.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom