Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Cleve releases screenies of his latest masterpiece: ATOMIC WAR

Mother Russia

Andhaira
Andhaira
Dumbfuck Queued
Codex 2013
http://goldeneragames.com/?page_id=27

aw9.png

Since modern marxists forbid the notion of a third world war or even to consider discussing the notion of strategy in a nuclear war, I would say that any game that starts with the title "ATOMIC WAR" is pretty radical to begin with.

Civil defense is a taboo subject in the United States and this game suggests it is the only sane course of action in the world we live in.

My wife thought this game might actually get censored by Apple Developers approval group because of the entire theme

Mother Russia

Andhaira
Andhaira
Dumbfuck Queued
Codex 2013
Also, update on Grimoire:

http://goldeneragames.com/?page_id=16

Information on the world’s longest development cycle for any game here soon!
We started work on this game back when people pushed their cars around with their feet like the Flintstones! It was beta tested before the widespread adoption of refrigeration in the home! The Dodo was a popular fried bird served in fast food shops! The Coecanth was a common staple in fish’n'chips!
Grimoire has been in development for quite some time.

GO CLEVE!!
:salute:

Phelot

Arcane
The airburst maximizes blast effects but produces little fallout. Your civilians will require hardened shelters to survive these events.
:salute:

EDIT: Interesting that his 'Containment Facility' game was inspired by Penumbra and the Frictional Games blog.

Unwanted

Guido Fawkes

Defensor Fidei
Project: Eternity
The engine is based on a previous effort we were undertaking called CORPSE CREW. We woke up one morning in September 2011 and realized “zombie seige” was done to death, literally. We had a long think about the game we really wanted to make and began development on CONTAINMENT FACILITY using many of the resources, assets and pipeline we had developed for CORPSE CREW.

Corpse crew was cancelled :(

What about the other 3 or 4 vaporware titles Cleve announced in the past? I hope he sticks with these projects and stops moving goal posts.

He's not genius. A genius doesn't incorporate their political biases into their hype marketing of upcoming games. He's clueless

asper

Arcane
Project: Eternity
A Missile Defense clone. The only project Cleve is capable of producing screenshots of.

06702_missile-command-iphone.gif

How the mighty have fallen.

Trash

Pointing and laughing.
He's slipping. Untill now he rarely let his 'eccentric' side shine through when he discusses his games. Now the entire hype is his own brand of political bias and doomsday preaching. Saddest is however that he's declined to the level of making a Missile Command clone and presenting it as fresh.

I wonder if he will even finish it.

Mortmal

Arcane
Its a sympathic little missile defense clone yes, looks like he has not made much progress since the c64 and apple 2 days . if hes so worried about apple censoring his game , he should just put it on android market .

Cleveland Mark Blakemore

Golden Era Games
Übermensch Developer
He's slipping. Untill now he rarely let his 'eccentric' side shine through when he discusses his games. Now the entire hype is his own brand of political bias and doomsday preaching. Saddest is however that he's declined to the level of making a Missile Command clone and presenting it as fresh.

I wonder if he will even finish it.

... or, alternative to all that histrionic dramatic hyperbole, this is the sort of game you would expect I would enjoy making.

But your explanation was good too, albeit faggy and full of fake pretentious insight into the motivations behind the game.

The reason my politics are skewed the way they are is apparently I have a normal, healthy functioning amygdala - and the left doesn't. Pity about those X-Rays, lads. You really had us going there for over a hundred years. The left simply has core brain damage and it can be seen on photos of their own brains. Sucks to be you, Trash. My sympathies to all you gammy-eyed blathering halfwits claiming to be more empathic than the rest of us. Life without an amygdala is pretty much identical to life without any kind of brain at all.

... and this ain't MISSILE COMMAND. These screenshots were taken in December of last year when I was just getting the basics working and learning GE program structure. The current version has a city on either side of that radar map and they are at war. It's fantastic to play.

P.S. Wait,I know Trash will be lip syncing the research at his monitor right now, so I'll beat him to the punch. THAT'S NOT THE "FEAR CENTER" OF THE BRAIN ... IT'S THE CENTER, PERIOD. IF IT IS MISSING IN YOUR HEAD, YOU NEED TO GO BACK TO THE FACTORY WHERE YOUR BRAIN WAS MADE AND SEE IF YOU CAN EXCHANGE IT AS DAMAGED GOODS ON RECEIVING BECAUSE THAT THING WILL NEVER WORK RIGHT FOR YOU. ONCE AGAIN, THAT'S THE CENTER OF THE BRAIN. THE MILLION YEAR OLD CORE THAT IS THE FOUNDATION OPERATING SYSTEM FOR EVERY OTHER THING IN THE HEAD. THE LEFT HAS AN EMPTY VACCUUM AND AN I.O.U. NOTE FROM GOD IN THIS LOCATION. SUCKS TO BE YOU, BUDDY.

BLOBERT

FUCKING SLAYINGN IT BROS
Patron
Codex 2012
CLEVE AND SKYWAY TOGETHER MIGHT MAKE A FULLY FUNCTIONING RETARD CAPABLE OF AT LEAST BAGGING GROCERIES FOR A LIVING AND NOT SHITTING THERE PANTS THROUGH THE DAY

BLOBERT

FUCKING SLAYINGN IT BROS
Patron
Codex 2012
BROS ALSO WOULDNT BE HILARIOUS IF THERE WERE OTHER GAMES TOTALLY ABOUT NUCLEAR WAR THAT WOULD BE FUCKING CRAZY

Trash

Pointing and laughing.
... and this ain't MISSILE COMMAND. These screenshots were taken in December of last year when I was just getting the basics working and learning GE program structure. The current version has a city on either side of that radar map and they are at war. It's fantastic to play.

Like a broken record he's been saying this about every single one of his games vapourware since the 90's. Then again, ranting about other people's inferiority and the end of the world before christmas has also been a Blakemore staple since those days. Cleve is not a learning animal.

histrionic dramatic hyperbole

The irony is palpable.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom