Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline Codex exclusive interview with Doug Church - let's make it happen!

Who should interview Doug Church?

• Felipepepe

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Infiltron

• Matt Barton

• Someone else (Specify in your post)

• Total voters

Shaewaroz

Arcane
Patron
In a hobo shack due to betting on neanderthal
I'm very into cock and ball torture
Ever since Doug Church joined Valve there has been practically no info what so ever what he has been up to. The last interviews he has given have been some 10 years ago. I know the man is notorious for not wanting to be in the spotlight but this is getting ridiculous! New projects to remake old Looking Glass games are popping up like mushrooms but no one has thought of asking Doug's opinion about them?

We must get a Codex exclusive interview of Doug Church!

So is anyone up for making the interview? felipepepe, Crooked Bee, Infinitron? Or do we try to harass Matt Barton until he is forced to start stalking Doug?

Or should we simply start a Kickstarter to interview Doug Church? That at least ought to get his attention. :lol:

Here's my sketch for a successful Kickstarter campaign:

- We set the Kickstarter goal to 50000$. We use 5000$ to hire a Russian / Eastern European gangster to kidnap Doug to get the interview. The remaining 45000$ we spent on booze or other important miscellaneous expenses.
- Show short clips of video footage of every game Doug has ever been a part of (except DX:IW). Picture Project Eternity Kickstarter pitch... ON CRACK - From Teh Maker of ... BOOM! Ultima Underworld! ... BAWW! System Shock! ... BIFFF! Thief! ... PAMMM! Deus Ex!
- Play some nostalgic and popular music tracks from said games to get people all pumped up.
- Gather all great quotes Doug's colleagues have ever said about him. Picture Ken Levine with his adorable puppy eyes and a quote "Doug Church is simply a genius. I owe everything I've ever done to him."
- Post Chris Avellone's face somewhere on the Kickstarter. (We invite him for coffee and discuss 5 minutes about his Arcanum LP)
- Promise full Behind The Scenes Documentary of the making of the interview! (we don't actually have to do it)
- Hire a guy from DeviantArt to draw a random art piece of either UU, Deus Ex, Thief or Portal 2 and promise prints to those who pledge 100$ or more.

But seriously, someone has to interview this guy.

Make it happen, RPG Codex! :dance:

Last edited:

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Like you said, he's a notoriously reclusive person so I'm not sure it's actually possible. I think OtherSide or Nightdive would have gotten a quote from him for their Kickstarters if they could have, and they're way more connected than we are.

Shaewaroz

Arcane
Patron
Maybe if we raise enough money for charity he would agree to be interviewed?

There has to be a way to convince him to be interviewed! Everybody wants something!

So what does Doug Church want?

philosoraptor.jpg

A horse of course

Looks like this endeavour is a wash. You can interview me if you want tho.

Shaewaroz

Arcane
Patron
I don't see how being too much of a public figure could be a problem for Doug. Large majority of gamers have no idea who he is. Developers like MCA, Brian Fargo, Richard Garriott and Warren Spector have gotten so much press coverage because they have made conscious effort to be in the spotlight by becoming spokespersons for their companies. There's no need for Doug to represent Valve, Looking Glass or any other company or try to hype up a product just because he allows someone to interview him.

So what does Doug Church want? How to get him to agree?

Crooked Bee

(no longer) a wide-wandering bee
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
So is anyone up for making the interview? felipepepe, Crooked Bee, Infinitron? Or do we try to harass Matt Barton until he is forced to starts stalking Doug?

I was actually in touch with Doug a couple of years ago about an interview, and he even agreed to do it, but it didn't work out in the end. Not sure if he changed his mind or Valve wouldn't let him. Either way, someone else would have to contact Valve about it now; I did what I could.

Shaewaroz

Arcane
Patron
So is anyone up for making the interview? felipepepe, Crooked Bee, Infinitron? Or do we try to harass Matt Barton until he is forced to starts stalking Doug?

I was actually in touch with Doug a couple of years ago about an interview, and he even agreed to do it, but it didn't work out in the end. Not sure if he changed his mind or Valve wouldn't let him. Either way, someone else would have to contact Valve about it now; I did what I could.

Exactly, far more miraculous things have happened before. Sooner or later he will end up giving an interview to someone who happens to be in the right place at the right time. Since now System Shock and Ultima Underworld are been remade the timing couldn't possibly be any better.

Why don't you give it another shot Crooked Bee?

Spectacle

Arcane
Patron
On the forum overview page this thread was displayed as "Codex exclusive interview with Do..." so I thought it was going to be about a Codex exclusive interview with Donald Trump.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom